Want to Feel Insignificant?

http://www.plime.com/entertainment/webvideo/l/7884/1/

the link above is o.k to view with children present

Why would I feel insignificant? I dont see why that should make us feel insignificant. Perhaps we should just realize that we’re probably not the greatest fuckers around like most of us think we are.

Wait, the universe still revolves around Earth, right?

We rule!

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Wait, the universe still revolves around Earth, right?

We rule![/quote]

Ok, well, you can feel insignificant.

I’m crying.

That’s pretty cool

Sure, W Cephi is huge, but Earth is functional!

Obviously a new video, as Pluto isn’t present. Too bad they spelled Betelgeuse wrong.

Ummmm…wow…i guess

What was the blue one? It almost looked like a star.

It’s not about the size- it’s the motion of our ocean… right? right?

I’m sticking to that…

(there are multiple meanings to that statement above)

They should keep going on to galaxy, local cluster, supercluster, “Great wall” and… I guess Hubbles’ Ultra Deep Field image could do to give a feeble approximation of an idea about the vastness of the visible universe.

That was sweet. I feel like a piece of shit.

[quote]pookie wrote:
They should keep going on to galaxy, local cluster, supercluster, “Great wall” and… I guess Hubbles’ Ultra Deep Field image could do to give a feeble approximation of an idea about the vastness of the visible universe.[/quote]

Oh come on. The Great Wall is big and all, compared to a HUMAN, but it’s nothing compared to a planet or star. :confused:

Someone should make a model of all of those in a museum with Earth about the size of a fist. I wonder how much space they would need to do it.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Someone should make a model of all of those in a museum with Earth about the size of a fist. I wonder how much space they would need to do it.[/quote]

This may give you some idea:

http://www.rense.com/general72/size.htm

I really like stuff like this. That My Cephei is gonna be one kick ass black hole some day.

[quote]withEzz wrote:
That was sweet. I feel like a piece of shit. [/quote]

Yeah, me too.

I mean, why go on, you know, with stars out there being all big and stuff…

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Someone should make a model of all of those in a museum with Earth about the size of a fist. I wonder how much space they would need to do it.[/quote]

Okay, I really am this geeky.

They couldn’t make your model.

The video shows that My Cephei is 288194 times the size of Earth. Pretend Earth is a golf ball - diameter roughly 2 inches (I rounded). In order to represent My Cephei, you would need a ball with a diameter of 48,032 feet, or roughly 9 miles.

Here’s another “model” for you.

If Earth were the size of My Cephei, then Earth would be just shy of the size of the big ball thing at Epcot.

Okay, after further review of the video, and the comparison pictures, I have concluded that the telescopes they’re using are off or that mirror image theory that suggests the universe could be relatively small, but looks enormous because of reflection and refraction of light when we look out into space.

That’s just ridiculous, and I refuse to believe it because my brain is incapable of thinking of something that size.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.” - Adam Savage