T Nation

Want to Build Glutes and Legs, Also Shed Weight on Torso

Hello
I am in to my third decade and a mother of a 4 year old. I have never trained with weights before but would like to build up a beautiful body. My problem areas are my extremely slim thighs and legs and flaccid butts. I do have PCOS . Also i have a lot of fat on my torso. I recently joined a program where i am being made to do Barbell Hip Thrusts , Squats, Deadlifts etc and follow a high protein diet. I feel really low and depressed as I feel no matter how hard i try , an hourglass ( or something as close as a bubble butt) is a dream i shall never be able to achieve. Please help.

Welcome.
It sounds like the program has got you going in the right direction. No reason to feel depreased this shit takes time. Stick with it. There is no magic pill, special formula, or shortcut. You just have to stay at it consistently. ( I’m terrible at being consistent) It is a good idea to start a training on here.

Can you give us height/weight?
What your program looks like sets/reps?
What your diet looks like?
How long have you been training?

Thanks a lot for the kind words
My training schedule is

Monday

Side kicks 15x 4 BW and Resistance bands

Clam shells 12x 4 reps body weight and resistance band

Hip thrusts BW 15x4 reps

Bicycle crunches 50x 4

Sumo squats 12x 4 with progressive overloading

Lunges 12 x 4

Leg presses

Seated calf raises

Leg curls 15-12-10-8

Tuesday

Back biceps and pectorals

Wednesday

Upper body

Thursday

Leg and gluteus including Romanian deadlifts

Glute bridges

Walking lunges

Hack squats

Standing calf raises

Barbell squats

Friday

Upper body and cardio

Saturday

Upper body

My height is 166 cms and I weigh 148 pounds

Looks like you are on the right track! Keep your diet in check, and just give it some time. You got this!
And start a training log on here. It is a great way for people to understand you better and offer advice.

How to start a training log on

You can keep here, up in the Training log or in the O35.
Start it just like you did this thread. Give it a nice catchy name, and
Write down what you did, how you felt, what you ate etc…
It will help you keep track of your progress and ask questions. It keeps it all in one place so you can go back and see what works for you and what don’t.

Thanks ! Just did! :slight_smile:

Plan looks okay. I’d suggest slowly increasing calories. Nothing drastic. Maybe up by 200 calories every two weeks to start out. As you adjust and get stronger you can up them some more.

Now that I see it, I’d suggest not trying to work out 6 days a week. You’re either bound to burn out or stall, or both at the same time.

If you’re looking for progression, cut back the exercise days, 3-4 days a week seems to be sweet spot for most folks, but increase volume on the days you train, and one day focus on upping weight. Doesn’t have to be a 1rm tester, but even going up by 5-10lbs ensures progression, or pushing farther in the number of reps you can perform.

You can do it in blocks like most do. Up weight over a certain amount of weeks, assess progress, de-load, go back down in weight for a spell, ramp it back up, repeat.

For what it’s worth I’d pay attention to your periods, if you still have them. Follicular phase is prime time for strength focused work, and really nailing how much volume you put in.