Want to be 6'1 130, i'm 6'1 147 in this Video

Well, it seems the forum is getting a bit antsy, probably because I haven’t posted a physique update in a while. So by popular demand, here’s a few photos at 144.4 lb that I just took. Just a reminder, these are no flex, no pump, no creatine. Excuse the quality, I did something to my phone’s camera settings which seems to have janked it up a bit. As you can see, I still have a considerable amount of fat I can lose. I’m a bit leaner than in my last photo, serratus is starting to pop through a bit more. In general, when i’m posing in front of the mirror, i’m seeing alot more definition everywhere, than I was a few weeks ago.

I included this photo so you can get a better idea of my trap genetics. My traps are a natural strong point. I think they continue to remain large because of ballistic arm swing during jumps, and ballistic arm action during sprints. So I guess, if you are a t-vixen leaning in for a kiss, that’s the angle you would see as you approach.

Finally. I know I am definitely getting leaner and lighter. Recently (@ 148), I received several compliments from close family members, that I haven’t received since high school. The first one was:

“You are starting to look like you are in a concentration camp.”

To any light, thin, skin-diesel athletes reading this thread, you’ve probably heard that one before. When you hear that, you know you’ve finally approached the starting line - now the real competition begins.

I was also told:

“Why don’t you just move to Kenya if you don’t want to eat? You seriously look like you belong in Kenya. You should move there. You would fit in just fine.”

This is something I haven’t ever heard before. I was actually super excited to hear that. Most all of my running role models are Kenyans, though one is of Somali descent. I’ve heard “you look like a refugee” before, but the idea that I look like I specifically belong in Kenya, is exciting news. I honestly believe I will look almost exactly like Wilson Kipsang at my goal weight:

He’s actually almost as tall as me, he’s 6’0" ~130-135 lb.

One thing I found weird about that compliment sent my way, was the “if you don’t want to eat” segment. I eat a decent amount. I love food. I just run & sprint alot, two sessions per day, totaling a newbie level of 60 miles a week. I can’t control what happens to my physique/body as the mileage goes up, unless I force feed myself. I’m rarely hungry because I eat lots of good, well balanced meals. So didn’t really understand that part.

Next stop, 140!

peace!!

Bodybuilding is a noun not a verb. It specifically says for a exhibition. Probably just label yourself a body builder or body-builder. It’s picky but bodybuilder means bodybuilder.

1 Like

Exactly.

I’m developing my physique for competitive exhibition.

I’m developing my body through exercise (running, sprinting, jumping) & diet (eating healthy, light, clean), specifically my physique (form - configuration of endurance/power/strength/conditioning, size - reverse hypertrophy/reduction in bodyweight) for competitive (racing) exhibition - demonstration of running skill (running economy is underrated).

bodybuilding: the developing of the body through exercise and diet; specifically :the developing of the physique for competitive exhibition

physique: the form, size, and development of a person’s body.

form: the visible shape or configuration of something.

exhibition: a display or demonstration of a particular skill.

Thanks for coming to my defense @zapata1.

Yeah I wasn’t but that’s cool. I really don’t care what you label it. When I read the definition I get the “competitive exhibition” means bodybuilding exhibition. Plus they’re example is for bodybuilding the sport. Not building a body like you’re using it. But I don’t really care how you say it. I think they just come after you because your goals and ideals seem different than most on here. And different is wrong to a lot of people.

1 Like

Exactly, thanks for pointing out the fact that, when you process the term “bodybuilding” or “bodybuilder”, your first thought is judged physique posing contests etc. That’s completely fine. While growing up, it was my first thought as well, until I dug into the various definitions, replacing words with their respective definitions. My first thought now, is people who are building their bodies through diet & exercise, to improve their physique & thus improve at a specific “sports discipline”. Both your perception and mine, have a spectrum from beginner to elite. So there’s obviously a difference between a beginner & an elite bodybuilder, which is more often than not, visibly noticeable to the naked eye, according to your perception & mine. At the elite level, it’s almost impossible for these differences to remain hidden.

Finally, specific to your perception of bodybuilding, is true bodybuilding natural or pharma? Is it Ronnie or Serge? Is it healthy or anything goes? Is it implants or not? Even in the one discipline of many, that you mentioned, people debate what is “true bodybuilding”. This is a great example of humans trying to make something their own, rather than simply acknowledging the breadth of decisions people make in pursuit of their goals, constrained to the actual definitions.

FWIW, Serge Nubret & Frank Zane are my favorite judged physique bodybuilders of all time.

peace!!

You still trying to develop your vertical? Have seen/read some cool stuff about the trap bar directly correlating to increased vert/explosiveness as well as half and quarter squats (for the purpose of vertical development only), thought it may give you some stuff to chew on, also if you’re trying to avoid the upper body mass (the trap bar will involve it no matter what) belt and hip squats may be the ticket for you in your personal quest.

1 Like

Keep it up, nice goals, you are definitely not a weirdo

1 Like

Hey Despade!

Yes I am still training vert, but single leg running vertical jump now, specifically left leg (L-SLRVJ). Thanks for the advice & bits to chew on. However, as of now i’ve removed all weightlifting exercises, other than simple bodyweight exercises, from my training regime. This is because, as far as my goals go, running has top priority, then sprinting, and lastly jumping. As for running & even sprinting, the mastery of relaxation is paramount. In my experience, weightlifting makes me too tense & taps into my recovery and/or taxes my CNS too much which affects my distance & speed sessions. Weightlifting also cuts into valuable running/sprinting time - I enjoy lifting sessions and become a bit too addicted to them. That’s just me not showing enough discipline, but the lifting protocols I love include high frequency and high volume, so these techniques just become too intense of a stimulus and start to shift my into “acyclic mode”.

I utilized mostly halfs & and occasionally quarters back when I was focused on my LR-DLRVJ (double leg running jump, left-right plant), I saw some really good gains, so definitely a proponent of those squat variations. I had an ironmind hip squat belt but that thing was very awkward, a belt squat machine would have been epic.

FWIW, my peak L-SLRVJ was around ~35-36". After a long period of detraining and not jumping enough, it’s currently around 28-29". Though, last year without utilizing weight training, I was able to get it to around ~33", so this keeps me optimistic about getting it back up to around ~35" once I increase my jump frequency.

My main goal right now is to try and figure out how to run an “easy sub 5 minute mile”, and then a few consecutive sub 5 minute miles. Surely vo2 max, lactic threshold, and stroke volume are foundational components, but what i’m really obsessed with right now is running economy.

Finally, I don’t want any “artificial hypertrophy”, as weird as that sounds to people. What i’m trying to learn, is how my body functions in its most simple form, with a light diet that is not predictable, utilizing only running, sprinting, jumping, and dips/pullups. In a sense, “how my body was meant to function, look, and feel” as a bi-product of scarce resources & a reliance on more physical exertion to survive, ie the removal of “sedentary layers” that have been created by “advances” in modern society. What I find is, as I get lighter as a result of increasing the volume of my various training stimuli & light diet, i’m able to hit higher paces, relax & maintain subsets of those paces, and I go from feeling dependent mostly on strong “muscle contractions”, to feeling more contribution from elastic components with much more brief muscular contractions.

It’s hard to explain to people on here, how explosive & better I feel, as I get lighter. The simplest analogy would be, the effect of barely pushing the gas pedal, and how fast your car goes. As I get lighter, I can hit ~14 mph for short intervals, by barely touching the gas - using relaxed running form, not sprinting form. When i’m heavier, it takes far more effort to reach such paces. My main goal right now, is to be able to “easily” hit 16+ mph pace. That’s the kind of efficiency I need initially, to be able to run “easy” sub 5 miles.

edit: In a nutshell, based on my body’s specific architecture, I feel like the current state of my organism is sub-optimal due to a variety of factors. The good news is, most of this is removable layers. The process of removing them, is fairly simple so far: light clean diet, running, sprinting, jumping, stretching before bed (only on a training day), proper sleep, rest when needed. Everything just takes form if those components are addressed.

peace man!

Thanks man!! Very much appreciated.

That’s interesting since this new forum layout has never had direct messages, and private messages were stopped on the old forum a year or two before the redesign.

Well, I sorta do. And now is a pretty good time for me to remind you of our conversation in January when you decided to come back to posting here. It would be best, even though it’s probably contrary to your instincts, if you refrained from saying things that are overwhelmingly interpreted as trolling. If that means you’re left with nothing to say, then… okay.

There’s a reason why the Bodybuilding forum is specifically for competitors and Bigger, Stronger, Leaner is where the majority of 'training for size/training for fat loss" discussion happens.

The “what is bodybuilding” topic has been debated here a few times over the years, but it generally ends up arguing over semantics and neglecting context. There’s the sport of bodybuilding and there’s body building.

People use phrases like “I used to train for strength but now I’m into more bodybuilding” or “I train to build muscle and I eat clean so I’m a bodybuilder, I just don’t ever want to get on stage” using the term as a general catch-all to mean training for more muscle and/or less bodyfat to end up with a lean and muscular appearance. But doing a bodypart split and training for hypertrophy doesn’t makes someone “a bodybuilder” any more than boiling water for oatmeal makes someone “a chef.”

The site has always had an underlying core principle:

Your approach to training and nutrition is neither intelligent nor is it in the pursuit of muscle. Even forum members who post in Combat, Conditioning, or Olympic Lifting are advised to eat and train in a way that builds, or at least preserves, muscle. Your active avoidance of muscle, to the point of deliberate atrophy, is one of a few reasons why your approach has always been met with… let’s be nice and call it “resistance.”

4 Likes

When I was referring to DM’s, I was speaking about the old VBulletin (IIRC) forum. I apologize if I wasn’t clear.

Secondly, I don’t see how anything i’m saying in this thread, violates anything in the conversation we had. This is my thread, with my goals, and my transformation.

Unlike many of your forum’s members, I don’t go into other people’s journals or physique threads and shame, insult, critique, or offer negativity. I never have.

Finally, I don’t really have any control over how people “interpret trolling” on this forum. I’m trying to get down to 130 lb, is that trolling? I’m starting to think that my goal itself, is being perceived as trolling. If I was really 250 lb, then i’d probably understand it. But since i’m actually trying to achieve it, not sure what I can do about not popping up people’s troll radar.

Like I said in a recent post, if I was trying to get down to 130 lb for a boxing match, that would be acceptable no? But not running, sprinting, or jumping. Conor McGregor can emaciate himself, though temporarily, and weight-cut cheat fighting much smaller opponents, but he’s an icon on this forum right? And like Nate Diaz said, he can “play touch butt with that dude in the park”, yet his training methodology is ground breaking to many people on this forum - he doesn’t even lift. I’d just like to point out that he’s not a bodybuilder by most people’s standards here, yet he has a ton of respect. He’s also considered by many to be a “troll”, and his fight with Mayweather was perceived by many to be top notch trolling. But for some reason, I really think it comes down to the fact that throughout my life, I noticed that “being skinny” seems to upset lots of men. Honestly, it seems like the lighter I get & thus the closer I get to my goal, the more angry people get. That is mind blowing to me.

If you don’t think i’m part of the T-Nation brotherhood, just let me know. I’ve been on this forum for a long time, i’ve also purchased Grow! and Surge! way back, for whatever that’s worth. I’ve also squatted more times in one month than most people here do in a year. I’m also full of endogenous testosterone, which might explain my naturally aggressive personality, but it also increased through the intensity & passion I bring to my training.

I have alot to say, especially in this thread. I’ve offered help to others on this forum in a variety of threads over the years.

If someone, including yourself, has adverse reactions to my goals & the dedication I display in order to achieve them, then perhaps it is you, & others, that need to take a moment and implement some deep introspection & self reflection.

I’m willing to die to achieve my goals… Any bodybuilder at the elite level, can probably understand that, because they are willing to die to achieve their goals, that’s how they got there.

1 Like

Check my post history, do I post in the “Bodybuilding” sub-forum? I read the description, that’s not the sub-forum for me.

Check my post history, do I post in the “Bigger, Stronger, Leaner” sub-forum? I probably have on a few occasions, because “stronger” and “leaner” apply to me. Also, “Bigger” applies somewhat because my heart size does increase through large amounts of aerobic training, though hopefully not too large because this can pose problems down the line. So, as far as my current goals go, this sub-forum sounds entirely appropriate to post in. It’s even more appropriate to post in when I was into dunking, trying to get Platz quads and doing heavy high rep squatting several times per day. I’m always trying to get stronger, whether that’s relative bodyweight squat numbers, mentally, or the ability to handle more 400m intervals with less rest. I’m always trying to stay lean or get leaner, so check that one off as well.

As far as “hardcore training site” goes, I feel like i’m one of the most hardcore (wannabe) athletes on this site. I have a training journal which dates back 9 years, with 2 years missing because another forum disappeared.

This may get a bit personal…

I do find it funny that you say my approach to training and nutrition is “not intelligent”. I mean let’s be real for a second. Is your approach to training & nutrition more intelligent? Is it intelligent at all? What have you achieved athletically? What kind of physique have you achieved as a result of your consistent, dedicated efforts? If you think I should value your opinion on what is, or is not intelligent, then please provide me with something that would make me respect your opinion. You know exactly what i’m talking about too, but I won’t sling specifics your way. You could point to people you’ve coached, but personally, i’d like to learn about something you personally achieved. Anyone can be a coach - though not a great coach. The missing ingredients for achieving things athletically, is desire, passion, consistency, and an ability to fight through the pain, failure, doubts, and defeat, and keep pushing. That’s generally what separates athletes from coaches.

I’m sorry my friend, but please go look in the mirror for a while before offering your critique of my various ideologies, which have proven to achieve results. It’s not the critique that actually bothers me, it’s the critique from this “position of authority” you leveraged.

Finally, I am intelligent, but more so relentless. If you doubt my intelligence, that’s fine, but you probably didn’t do your home work. If you doubt my relentless pursuit of my goals, again that would indicate you didn’t do any research.

If you’re trying to speak “coach to coach”, we can have that conversation.

But do not for one second try and have a conversation with me, leveraging critique from the position of “athlete”, I don’t consider you one (yet).

FWIW, other than your weird misinterpretation of what I am about & a misinterpretation of my posts, I feel you do a good job moderating & managing this forum & have written some nice articles.

Thanks

People are obviously getting annoyed and heated lately, especially as I get closer to reaching one of my goals. So in the spirit of one of the mottos I live by (Lead by example), i’ll try and refrain from posting in this thread until i’m 139 lb, which if I keep up my current progress, should only be about 4-5 weeks away.

Though, if me posting physique updates at 139 lb really “annoys you”, that’s on you not me. I completely understand how people on here are unable to comprehend my goals & dreams, it doesn’t bother me. I get it. It’s weird and not “normal” among the T-Nation brotherhood. But i’m also driven to achieve my goals, so people’s opinions aren’t going to get in the way of that.

I would similarly be confused if someone was trying to add considerable amounts of adipose tissue to jump higher or run faster. Though, if this individual did achieve results through such an ideology, I would be surprised & impressed. I would also say I learned something new. Though, I wouldn’t insult this person or say they were unintelligent etc. I also wouldn’t encourage them. However, I would expect to learn something from it. There would be only two possible outcomes: 1) my ideas would be confirmed 2) my ideas would be disproven.

So, i’ll try really hard to not post in here until i’m 139.

Thanks

10/18/2017 last update in this thread:

6’1 139 lb.

139.2 while holding a cell phone cam to take the photo:

Close to 90 miles a week running/sprinting, on my hard weeks (5 days of work, 2 days rest):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaAvU9Ihkag/?taken-by=andrewdarqui

Still got quite a bit of fat to drop before I reach shredded 6%, but i’ll post that elsewhere, maybe a training journal.

peace!

I made more visible physique progress in 7 months than you made in 6 years. So, it’s cool.

Suffice it to say, that would be a good idea. E-mail me when you choose to return to posting.

Best shit i ever read ! 147 lbs to 130 lbs hahahahahahahaha fuck yeahhh light weight baby light weighttttt

1 Like