Want to be 6'1 130, i'm 6'1 147 in this Video

Now, here’s a t-nation classic worthy of a bump.

yeah my bad <3

But damn that physique, my ultimate goal one day is to look like that! maybe If I keep it up with the 700cal diet and 4 hours cardio a day…Ill get there one day!

I’m also looking into smoking crack as a fat burner!

You should read the whole thread, I’m not kidding, it’s a classic. The forum is a lot more tame today.

1 Like

Currently reading.

Wait… is this real? I thought he was trolling but now I’m actually not quite sure.

I got the impression it was real.

1 Like

Since people are replying: in order to prevent the thread from diverting off topic, i’ll probably post some physique photos when I hit 149.x. Right now i’m ~158-159 lb. Weight has been coming off slow, but coming off nonetheless. So maybe in 3-4 weeks? I haven’t taken a physique photo in a long time, not really since the days of wielding a machete or combat knife. I have a really nice gator saw that I want to take some black & white photos with, but I need to get shredded first. As for wheels pics, i’ll probably just take some photos of my VMO & calves, not full wheels pics.

Also here’s a photo of Mo Farah after putting on a few lb in the off season.

Here’s Mo in competition form:

I’ve come close to that level of leanness only once IMHO, when I was boxing. That level of leanness with my lower levels of bone density & muscle mass would put me around 140, which is basically on the cusp of 139 so that’s right at my goal weight. At 140, I could probably go for a 3 hour walk in my sweats and get down to 134, which would have me near 130, but that’s cheating with the water cut… However, at this point in my life, I think 140 should be my “hydrated / healthy” weight goal, and 130 could be something I achieve when I cut water etc.

peace

I don’t get how that can be a goal physique, looks like a refugee.

To each there own though man if you like that look then all the power to you! Shouldn’t be too hard to be SUPER lean if you don’t care about muscle mass I’d imagine.

I’d imagine you could get a physique like that crash dieting. After achieving a pretty wicked physique (just under 230 at just over 11%, pretty wicked in my opinion), I ended up with a bad drug habit. Within like 8 months, I looked like your goal physique. I did no cardio didn’t work out and most days ate like 800 cals of pop tarts or pizza pockets, ended up shredded as fuck at like 155 lb 6 feet tall… got pretty chubby when i started eating and got clean though was like 175-180 at like 17% when i started working out again.

Based on that experience, i’m sure you can achieve that look if you try!

That’s some pretty horrible advice, lmao. :slight_smile:

If I crash dieted I wouldn’t be able to train hard. It’s possible that I could forego training in favor of crash dieting in order to get extremely thin and then focus on training. That’s a pretty risky gamble though IMHO. I’d rather work my way down slowly while training hard, like i’ve done several times before. It’s a proven formula for myself and it’s healthier + more effective IMHO. It’s much easier to maintain muscle mass while losing fat slowly. I’m patient, there’s no rush. Being ~140 or so and unathletic is not at all appealing to me - so that’s definitely not an option. When I reach ~140 i’d rather be sprinting fast, running fast, jumping high, and strong in bodyweight exercises. I don’t lift anymore, just don’t enjoy it. Plus I get depressed when people make fun of my lifting form, just kidding - half squats > *.

Your diet, minus the drugs (i’ve never done drugs & don’t plan to), was probably similar to my diet in high school. I was ~140 by senior year and I actually ate hot pickets, pizza bites, bagel bites, pop tarts, etc. I played like ~3 hours of basketball per day though so I wasn’t weak at that weight - I was pretty fit. I didn’t lift or do anything other than pushups/situps until 2-3 years after high school. I broke a few fingers though & broke my wrist, but those could have happened regardless. Come to think of it, I actually remember some teammate making fun of my chest once, because it was basically caved in. Prior to that comment I had never thought about my “physique”, not once. That’s the first time I can remember actually looking at my physique and giving it an ounce of thought. Though, growing up, some comments did come from parents, coaches, or random people - not fellow athletes. They weren’t really specific, just things like “man you need to gain weight”, “you look like a girl”, “you look like a concentration camp victim”, “fuck you’re too skinny” etc. Nothing actually specific like “wow your chest is caved in”. My biggest mistake back then was being into basketball. Had I been into track & field or cross country, my structure would have been seen more advantageously, i’m pretty certain of it.

Fun fact: I didn’t eat a salad until I was like 30 years old. It’s pathetic.

Btw. FWIW, I didn’t respond to your previous comment. The “refugee” statement was a bit distasteful. These extremely thin sprint & distance athletes who compete sacrifice alot. It’s hard not to eat everything in sight when you’re training hard. Excess body weight in the form of adipose tissue & excess lean muscle is usually a detriment with respect to running economy, especially at the elite level, so their commitment is very impressive. In addition, stressful life events or just stress in general can cause one to over eat. When training hard it’s much easier to eat everything in sight than to show restraint with respect to defined limits. I’m pretty sure anyone on here who is getting ready for a contest, show, etc would agree.

peace

That wasn’t “advice”, I was making a point.

The point is, since you seemed to have missed it, that its a very simple physique to obtain, one some people can obtain by mistake. If you have ANY nutritional knowledge and are willing to put effort in, it should be very simple!

And as for saying it “anyone on here who is getting ready for a contest, show etc would agree that its very easy to eat everything in sight”… OF COURSE it’s “easier” but I think anyone prepping for a contest will also tell you, as will I, that if you have any kind of motivation or dedication it is VERY easy to not cheat at all. I have never done a non structured cheat in my life, and my (And most guys who are serious about BB) “cheat’s” are just structured refeeds.

I Don’t know why your telling me it’s hard not to eat a lot when you train hard… I’m doing over an hour of cardio a day and I work out daily and my calories are restricted by more than 2000 compared to 5 weeks ago, and I have NO ISSUES not cheating on my diet.

I think a more accurate statement then what you said about athletes overeating would be “Those who are less dedicated may have trouble sticking to a diet, but those who are at all dedicated or serious about there sport or body will have no trouble at all eating exactly what they think is most beneficial”, as anybody on here who is getting ready for a contest, show, etc would agree…

The title, since you seemed to have missed it, is:

“Want to be 6’1 130, i’m 6’1 147 in this Video”

not:

“Want to be 6’0 155, i’m 6’1 147 in this Video”

TBH, i’m a little wary of your motives. You’re telling me “that is a very simple physique to obtain”. Which physique are we talking about? 6’1 155? sure… 6’1 140? no… 6’1 130? definitely not.

I appreciate the advice, but maybe I wasn’t clear either. You stated you reached 155 lb. @ 6’ during some period in your life. I’m 158 lb. @ 6’1 right now, with probably ~1 lb of poop & urine that could be excreted. I have no problem reaching 150 - 155.

Reaching 140 is an entirely different story. Somehow getting to 130 lb. is a completely different paradigm.

I’m not going to dissect the meat of your response, but using words like “easy” and phrases like “very simple” and “no trouble at all” are red flags.

Furthermore, if being 140 lb. @ 6’1 was simple, you’d see alot more athletes in boxing competing in the high 120’s & 130’s after a weight cut. This is extremely rare. You also rarely see 6’+ people competing in the 140’s (140, 147) after cutting from 150-160’s, but it does happen on occasion. The motive is there, the numbers are not. It’s not easy.

Finally, i’m glad you are seeing success in your training & that you have are (apparently) clean & sober. Keep it up.

FWIW, your responses seem a little “catty”. This thread or something I said may have ticked you off a bit (perhaps in the Tactical Life thread?): if so I apologize. It’s all good though. I’m just trying to reach a level of elite athleticism & i’m not getting any younger. Being an alpha male myself, I support other alphas, especially on this forum, in whatever athletic goal(s) or physique goals they may have. For the record though, I (me personally) do not support alcohol, party drugs, steroids, and/or other PED’s.

peace

No I just had a hard time believing that this thread wasn’t a troll.

Now that I Realize this is serious, I Realize the way I am antagonizing you is similar to how some people have antagonized me for no reason, and I sincerely apologize.

Good luck with your goals man! All I really meant by my post is that I think that through hard work and dedication your goal is DEFINITELY achievable for you!

Again, my apologies for my earlier posts.

1 Like

Btw, here are two athletes who decided to go the forward hypertrophy route, but they sacrificed performance or stopped caring all together.

Ryan Hall - former elite runner

Young Hollywood - former elite dunker

3:53

before he bulked up:

He still gets up ridiculous even though he added a bunch of weight. Haven’t seen him get up as high though as when he was lighter, but still pretty close. I doubt he has as many (max jump) reps in him now though with the added weight: he could probably dunk all day when he was lighter.

peace

Ah. Ok cool no problem. Thanks for this reply, much appreciated.

peace!

I promised some photo updates when I hit < 150 lb, but i’m actually not there yet, though pretty close. Nonetheless, i’ll post a photo of me at ~150.x lb @ ~12-13% body fat. TLDR: I’m ashamed.

I have a motto that I used to live by: “Live every day like it’s your last, but make sure if you die, you die lean”

Unfortunately, as Hurricane Irma approaches, i’m at risk of failing this creed. Irma is planning a direct hit on my location. It’s not that i’m petrified of Irma, though I am a bit worried, but in the very slight chance that I do end up dying at the hands of this massive hurricane, I will die obese. This is something that i’ve come to realize is very hard to digest. In the more likely scenario that I survive hurricane Irma and perhaps tough it out without power for a few weeks, i’m now more motivated than ever to reach ~140 lb. @ 6% caliper measured body fat.

In my most wildest dreams, i’ve never once imagined dying without an extremely well defined serratus, chiseled linea alba, and a visibly impressive teardrop of god near my patella.

Now that i’m starting to realize that this is a very real possibility, i’m just angry. I’m mostly angry at my own failures and lack of dedication, consistency, and attention to detail.

Also, keep in mind that I have absolutely nothing against people who are obese or who enjoy being “big dude beefy”. That’s their life style choice, just like my life style choice is being extremely light, lean, and lethal like a cheetah.

FWIW, when I eventually compete in Men’s Physique, I won’t ever sell out & shave my body hair, facial hair, or tan. I’m a leader, not a follower. The fact that judges deduct points & hold it against contestants has always bothered me. To me, the bodybuilding community has allowed itself to be infected by the manscaping industry (among many others…). Be happy with who you are. I can tell you from experience that the most beautiful women in the world love my beard(s) and body hair. Though, even if they didn’t, it wouldn’t bother me because i’m a confident alpha, with lots of empathy.

Finally, for anyone else on T-Nation who is in the path of Irma or has been hit by any of these natural disasters, stay safe & stay positive.

peace!

You can’t really complain about getting points deducted, if you’re not going to follow criteria. It’s not selling short, or being a sell out because you are required to shave. Shaving allows the judges to see every line, dip, curve, and crevice in your physique. That’s not selling out, that’s just looking neat to showcase all your progress and hard work? Deviating from the rules wouldn’t make you a leader just because you think there’s an issue with shaving hair that will inevitably grow back, in relativity to Bodybuilding contests. Shaving also doesn’t make you a follower. Anyone who gets into bodybuilding, I think, knows the ins and outs of it, or should for that matter. Bodybuilding isnt about making statements concerning how you feel about attached emotions to things such as “hair”. It’s a showcase of various genetics, and seeing how said genetics can be pushed to their absolute breath taking capabilities, whether natural or not, or any number of categories, and even in men’s physique. If you wish to compete in men’s physique, it’s not going to be a good idea to hold onto that mind set you have.

1 Like

Be nice dude

1 Like

He can finally die at peace. You do realise adarqui is the ultimate troll right?

I honestly have no idea. Like none, concerning if he’s a troll or not. But as others have said he does seem serious about what he writes. I could be wrong, but you should at least try to be somewhat nice. You don’t have to by any means.