Want Higher Well Being? Become A.........

Want higher well being? Become a Republican.

I suspect causes and effects actually works the other way around here.
ie : people tend to become republicans when they already have an higher well being.

[quote]kamui wrote:
ie : people tend to become republicans when they already have an higher well being.
[/quote]

“Even after the researchers took into account other influencing factors like race, age, location in the country, marital and child status and socioeconomic status, they found that the differences were still there, though “on a muted basis,” according to the report.”

[quote]kamui wrote:
[/quote]

Wrong again…

Lol stupid ass title. So if I change my political beliefs and alliances and vote for Romney this election I will all of the sudden be better off in 5/6 categories? I wonder how “muted” the statistics became after they took into account the factors they listed.

Does anyone have percentages (in terms of Democrats vs. Republicans) of people going to war? I wonder what effect that would have.

The summary is “ignorance is bliss”, according to the fine print.

[quote]americaninsweden wrote:
Lol stupid ass title. So if I change my political beliefs and alliances and vote for Romney this election I will all of the sudden be better off in 5/6 categories?[/quote]

Probably not, but among many positive things you would certainly be paying less taxes to a government that doesn’t understand the meaning of fiscal prudence.

(Sweden?)

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
The summary is “ignorance is bliss”, according to the fine print.[/quote]

That’s your interpretation but I wouldn’t expect any less from you, you’re a very negative guy. Proven out several times by your open religious bigotry.

You see that bigotry causes you to be negative and that’s part of why you don’t have a higher well being.

It all makes sense.

Does anyone have percentages (in terms of Democrats vs. Republicans) of people going to war? I wonder what effect that would have.[/quote]

Say what? Okay, the two big ones were Wilson and FDR. Harry Truman with the Korean War and JFK/JBJ with the Vietnam War. What’s your point? Democrats like war?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Does anyone have percentages (in terms of Democrats vs. Republicans) of people going to war? I wonder what effect that would have.[/quote]

Say what? Okay, the two big ones were Wilson and FDR. Harry Truman with the Korean War and JFK/JBJ with the Vietnam War. What’s your point? Democrats like war?[/quote]
I was referring to people who actually went to war. If there was a significant group who were included in the survey and more democrats (or republicans) go to war then the statistics could be affected. Also, I don’t understand how the hell you thought I was blaming going to wars on Republicans from that sentence?!

Okay, my mistake. I wasn’t sure what you meant.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Lol stupid ass title. So if I change my political beliefs and alliances and vote for Romney this election I will all of the sudden be better off in 5/6 categories?[/quote]

Probably not, but among many positive things you would certainly be paying less taxes to a government that doesn’t understand the meaning of fiscal prudence.

(Sweden?)
[/quote]
Less taxes to a different gov’t that doesn’t understand fiscal prudence?

Yea, living in Sweden now. They are moving more in the conservative direction but still very socialized.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

(Sweden?)
[/quote]
Less taxes to a different gov’t that doesn’t understand fiscal prudence?

Yea, living in Sweden now. They are moving more in the conservative direction but still very socialized.
[/quote]

No what I meant was the US government does not exercise fiscal prudence. I was just wondering if you were a US citizen that’s why I mentioned Sweden. I should have been more clear, sorry.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Bambi,

One of my favorite episodes of Family Guy. Most of them have a decidedly left wing tilt. But it’s just a cartoon it can’t possibly influence anyone–Right?

And Jon Stewart, Bill Marr, David Letterman, The Colbert Report, Jay Leno and a host of other liberal media mouth pieces. They’re just comedians, mere clowns. No one really bothers paying attention to what they have to say–Right?

Ah…the subtle art of persuasion.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Bambi,

One of my favorite episodes of Family Guy. Most of them have a decidedly left wing tilt. But it’s just a cartoon it can’t possibly influence anyone–Right?

And Jon Stewart, Bill Marr, David Letterman, The Colbert Report, Jay Leno and a host of other liberal media mouth pieces. They’re just comedians, mere clowns. No one really bothers paying attention to what they have to say–Right?

[/quote]

I have little time for Family Guy. One of the worst was when they had Meg be a Christian and then Brian said why did God love her if he made her ugly. But Seth MacFarlane’s been running the show into the ground for a while

I feel you could say the same for people on the right-wing side on the political spectrum. If you derive your views and opinions from one source, and in particular one person’s viewpoint, you’re going to spout shit. Nothing exclusively left-wing or right-wing about it; both claim to have the truth, peope fall for it.

Anyhoo, I just thought the video was funny (well as funny as recent family guy gets) and tangentially relevant.

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Bambi,

[/quote]

I have little time for Family Guy. One of the worst was when they had Meg be a Christian and then Brian said why did God love her if he made her ugly. But Seth MacFarlane’s been running the show into the ground for a while

I feel you could say the same for people on the right-wing side on the political spectrum. If you derive your views and opinions from one source, and in particular one person’s viewpoint, you’re going to spout shit. Nothing exclusively left-wing or right-wing about it; both claim to have the truth, peope fall for it.

Anyhoo, I just thought the video was funny (well as funny as recent family guy gets) and tangentially relevant. [/quote]

Seasons 1 -4 are 90% gold. Season 6 onward is 10% gold.

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Bambi,

[/quote]

Anyhoo, I just thought the video was funny (well as funny as recent family guy gets) and tangentially relevant. [/quote]

Sure if the creator was a conservative it would lean right I’m not disputing that. What I’m saying is that there is a flood of liberal “omedians” who spew a left wing agenda under the guise of comedy. And they influence young adults who actually get their news from these bone heads.

And I’m not lumping you in with this group my friend.

[quote]Bambi wrote:

:P[/quote]

That was surprisingly tame.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Say what? Okay, the two big ones were Wilson and FDR. Harry Truman with the Korean War and JFK/JBJ with the Vietnam War. What’s your point? Democrats like war?[/quote]
I was referring to people who actually went to war. If there was a significant group who were included in the survey and more democrats (or republicans) go to war then the statistics could be affected. Also, I don’t understand how the hell you thought I was blaming going to wars on Republicans from that sentence?!
[/quote]

No clue, what party do middle and upper class white men usually belong to?