T Nation

Want Biceps!

I have really bad genetics and before lifting I never had a bicep at all, it practically sunk down lol. I’ve used different rep schemes, tried unknown exercises and it got better, but still I have no peak and thats what I lack in my physique.

I’m cutting right now but would it still be possible to get some biceps for summer? lol. I work out 5 days a week and do cardio 5-6 days so I’d say I’m pretty dedicated. If anyone ever had a similar situation and bursted through with some nice biceps please tell me what you did to get them to grow.
Thanks guys

Is this a joke ?!

Maybe I’m wrong, but I get the impression you shouldn’t be cutting in the first place.

And if you’re doing cardio 5-6 times a week it’ll probly waste away a lot of muscle along with some fat… and your arms will be even smaller.

Lots of cardio will get you the opposite of biceps.

Should I assume you’ve already done some searches and read about bicep and arm development on the site?

Back in 2003 i was like you. So here is what i did. I cut my food intake by half, increased cardio, took no days off, and had a good pack of smokes after every workout.

[quote]samsmarts wrote:
Back in 2003 i was like you. So here is what i did. I cut my food intake by half, increased cardio, took no days off, and had a good pack of smokes after every workout.

[/quote]

Don’t forget to throw in a pitcher of beer and 2 shots of 151 post-workout too.

Eat a ton of healthy food and lift heavy things… muscles will start popping up over time.

Just going to take a wild guess and say shitty training and possibly diet are bigger factors then poor genetics

[quote]Lift2GetLaid wrote:

I work out 5 days a week and do cardio 5-6 days so I’d say I’m pretty dedicated. [/quote]

Cardio 5-6 days? This is why you have no biceps.

You need to keep (maybe even reduce after reading articles on this site) the weight training and reduce the cardio. When you are bulking you should be doing intense interval training like sprints to fire up the nervous system and the fast twitch muscle fibres whilst burning any fat that may appear due to excess calorie intake. Read the “Running Man” article by CT or “The Tabata Method” by Dan John.

When cutting you need to keep lifting heavy, although watch the volume, and move to less intense cardio like long walks or less intense interval training. Good articles for this would include CT’s “Lifting For Fat Loass” or CW’s “Next Big Three” articles, along with a host of others on the site.

I’m not sure how new you are to lifting but if you look for one of the threads under this forum called “Are You a Beginner?”, by vroom, there are a heap of links to what you need and to get you on the right track.

Also, the right nutrition is a must for anything to work.

Hope this helps,

Ben

PS: Heavy rows, chinups and pullups build good biceps quicker than bicep/preacher curls just in case you aren’t doing much of the former and too many of the latter.

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:
samsmarts wrote:

Don’t forget to throw in a pitcher of beer and 2 shots of 151 post-workout too.[/quote]

You didnt workout and got big arms using synthol too ? :slight_smile:

“Lift2GetLaid”

i guess he hasnt got laid in a while, doing his workout plan.