WannaBe’s Last Year Of “DYEL?”

Worked another 24 hours straight. Got home around 6am this morning and had some pretty shitty sleep till 10:30 :roll_eyes:. Decent back day though, gonna try and get a short nap before I probably end up back at work.

Cardio

Chest supported rows
290 x 9
290 x 10
245 x 10

Chest supported cable lat rows single hand)
210 x 9 (each side)
210 x 11 (each side)
210 x 10 (each side)

Iso lat pull down machine
212.5 x 11
212.5 x 11

Rear delt DB rows
30’s x 15
30’s x 17
30’s x 15
15’s x 20

Ezcurl bar curls
70 x 14
70 x 12

Seated bicep cable machine
85 x 12
85 x 12
85 x 13

Dumbbell hammer curls alternating
25’s x 24 (total)
25’s x 28 (total)
25’s x 27 (total)

10 Likes

You make my working hours and sleep deprivation look pathetic… how do you manage recovery/fatigue? Quick browse through the back end of your log and like yourself, I can suprise myself off minimal sleep, but I’ll suffer the next 48 hrs for it.

Honestly I haven’t been recovering, probably at all up until the last couple months.

My progress completely stopped, drugs, diet, and coach be damned I wasn’t making any progress. I foolishly thought I needed even more lol

Ended up having basically a mental break down. Reached a low point and said fuck it all. Gym and diet. Took a few weeks off of the gym and quit being so anal about meal prep (18 meals prepped every 4/5 days plus more cooked fresh during the day) and just got back to a place where I was ok mentally.

Decided to ease back into the gym slowly and low and behold I’ve started to make progress again utilizing more rest days. It’s kinda sad to think about the time and abuse I’ve put my body through for basically nothing, but I did learn some stuff so not all negative. I’m very much looking forward to pushing the weight sometime soon with my new understanding of my recovery sucks and I need more.

I’m also trying to get a sleep study done as I quit breathing every night multiple times. I think that will be a game changer as well.

It sucks because I have the ability to (for the most part) push through and workout 6/7 days a week regardless of work schedule, so it’s tough to take off days frequently but seeing progress finally has helped me.

12 Likes

That’s as about an open and honest answer as I think I could ever see on an open forum… Sounds like you are getting on top of your mental state of mind, not to your extent but I can relate to taking things to the extreme, pushing to a limit and feeling effing untouchable at times, til I crashed and burned weighing 64kg at 6"2. Alright for a professional athlete, but not managing a normal life with it. I should learn from it and apply the basic principles to my lifting life…

Be interesting to see the outcome of your sleep study and how you manage it moving forward. In for the log.

1 Like

My brother got diagnosed with sleep apnea. Went from being a zombie to a (somewhat normally) functioning adult pretty quickly after he got a CPAP.

2 Likes

Starting last Thursday night till this morning -

80 something hours of over time, 2 24hr shifts, 1 26.5hr shift, 15+ C4’s, 5+ 3D’s, 2 reigns, and 2 workouts later I’m ready to get back on track. Tomorrow :joy:

7 Likes

That’s incredible. What do you do for work? My only guess for working that long is a farmer haha

Hint. Beside the internet man, no other job is as important.

At my house anyway.

1 Like

Lineman! I build and maintain power lines.

5 Likes

Came to the gym pre workout in hand ready to crush a leg day. During my hour of cardio I came to the conclusion it was best to keep to my decision earlier and start tomorrow. Gonna listen to my body which is sad. Even tried to justify an arm day mentally :joy:

6 Likes

Still alive and kickin. Been training at home as I’ve got the kids. Cold is almost gone so that’s a plus. Haven’t logged any workouts as they are just boring at home workouts. Plan to come back with a vengeance next week and claim some gainzzzz

The body builder chick I’ve been going out with I think has convinced me to try and make another push for the ever so elusive gains. Probably start sometime in mid December. Test and trest. Probably won’t fool with any orals as I already have low SHGB. Just in time for the Transformation :joy:

12 Likes

Why do you have to do us like that man?

2 Likes

Guessing that was a hard debate narrowly won by her?

Something along the lines of:

Her: I think you should hit up a cycle again get some gainz
You: agreed

2 Likes

Haha not quite. She’s natty, and although she knows I’m on TRT she doesn’t know I dabble in the sauce. I’ll be keeping that to myself for now.

2 Likes

Slept like pooooo and today was supposed to be a rest day. Decided to keep going even though I knew I wasn’t ready. Female friend has invited me to a leg day Wednesday, and I don’t want to get out of my PPL (lol) PLUS I won’t be working out Thursday night or Friday night, so hoping to catch up on some rest then.

Todays workout was as expected. Not backwards, but probably just wasting time in the gym

Cardio

BB OHP
Wingin it
180 x 6
165 x 8
165 x 6

Incline converging chest press
105/side x 8
105/side x 8
70/side x 11

Weighted dips
Bw+50 x 8
Bw+50 x 7
Bw+25 x 9

Lateral raises
25’s x 32
25’s x 25
25’s x 21

Over head cable tricep rope extensions
115 x 9
115 x 9
110 x 9

Abs

13 Likes

Spent too much time doing cardio and had to call it early. But FUCK. I felt strong as fuck in rows today. Felt good mane.

Cardio

Chest supported rows
295 x 10
295 x 9
250x 11

Chest supported cable lat rows single hand)
210 x 14 (total)
220 x 12 (total)
220 x 10 (total)

Iso lat pull down machine
212.5 x 12
212.5 x 10

Rear delt DB rows
30’s x 15
30’s x 14
30’s x 15
15’s x 20

Ezcurl bar curls
80 x 12
80 x 11

Seated bicep cable machine
85 x 10
85 x 11
85 x 10

Dumbbell hammer curls alternating

25’s x

25’s x

25’s x

11 Likes

Leg day with my (unofficial) woman. Fucking brutal. She’s competed quite a few times, so it wasn’t just all Instagram glam and glitter lol. Healthy mix of oh this is cool and oh fuck that hurts

Didn’t record anything. Spent all my spare time making her laugh.

8 Likes

The words taste disgusting in my mind as I consider expressing them, but you seem unusually good at this kind of pulling. Is this barbell or machine?

3 Likes

It’s a prime brand seated row machine. Generally I think my back is the strongest muscle group. I feel like if I can get my chest supported on soemtjing I can row the world. I’ve never seen anyone use more than 3 plates, and it’s usually just 2 lol. I’m to the point where there almost no more room. I haven’t figured out a way to get more than 315 on it.

2 Likes

@Cyrrex dis one right here

1 Like