WannaBe’s Last Year Of “DYEL?”

It’s been a strange journey to get here requiring not much thought or planning lol. At some point it will most likely slow down and require a bit more thought. The way 180 felt compared to 175 leads me to believe I’m getting close to that “threshold”. I’m sure everybody has a certain number for any given lift they can just stumble their way to, after that is where the work takes place.

Or, it could continue going up and up lol who knows. Just along for the ride!

7 Likes

Woke up with a cold, so that was exciting lol. OHP was so close. I wanted that 6th rep so bad. I held the bar almost locked out, shaking, for every bit of 10 seconds lol. I thought about @simo74 , then @Cyrrex , then I noticed how angry I looked and how red my face was, neck and traps absolutely covered in veins lol then I angrily racked it. Maximum effort baby.

BB OHP
Wingin it
180 x 5.65 fuck you body :imp:
165 x 7
165 x 6

Incline converging chest press (new machine, other taken)
90/side x 8
90/side x 8
70/side x 10

Weighted dips
Bw+50 x 8
Bw+50 x 7
Bw+25 x 8

Lateral raises
25’s x 29
25’s x 22
25’s x 22

Over head cable tricep rope extensions

115 x 11
115 x 11
110 x 10

Now off to another date with the bikini competitor!! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

You should have thought about boobs instead for inspiration. There you have your 6th rep. Go for it!

1 Like

Love it mate, nothing like a long overhead grinder to increase testosterone :muscle::joy:

2 Likes

Woke up still sick, luckily I just happened to know someone who could give me a steroid shot lol so should feel better soon!

Forgot my damn straps at home and all 3 of my row work sets got cut short due to grip which sucks.
I also think I’m gonna cut the chest supported t bar rows out. Pretty sure it’s junk volume.

Overall a good day, felt strong

Cardio

Chest supported rows
290 x 10
290 x 8. Losing my damn grip
245 x 11

Chest supported cable lat rows single hand)
205 x 11 (each side)
205 x 10 (each side)
205 x 10 (each side)

Iso lat pull down machine
210 x 11
210 x 11

Rear delt DB rows
30’s x 17
30’s x 21
30’s x 20
15’s x13

Chest supported T bar rows
65 x 9
65 x 10

Ezcurl bar curls
70 x 12
70 x 11

Seated bicep cable machine
85 x 12
85 x 12
85 x 13

Dumbbell hammer curls alternating
25’s x (total) skipped - running out of time
25’s x (total)
25’s x (total)

7 Likes

Was gonna skip today because I’m sick and had a long day of work, but I go on call tomorrow so went ahead.

Cut my thumb pretty bad today at work and it started bleeding though the band aid first set of curls, went to the truck and taped it up and somebody stole my machine.

Did hack squats and couldn’t breathe and was just over it so I left lol

Cardio

Seated leg curl machine
160 x 10
160 x
150 x

Hack squat
375 x 10
375 x 10
375 x 10
375 x 10

6 Likes

Worked a 26 hour shift while sick and came in today and set a PR. How bout dem apples

Cardio

BB OHP

Wingin if
180 x 6 this was a solid 6, felt very good
165 x 8 hell yea!
165 x 5 oh, there you are fatigue :joy:

Incline converging chest press
105/side x 7
105/side x 8
70/side x 12

Weighted dips
Bw+50 x 8
Bw+50 x 7
Bw+25 x 8

Lateral raises
25’s x 26
25’s x 21
25’s x 20

Over head cable tricep rope extensions
115 x 11
115 x 9
110 x 11

Abs

15 Likes

Great, strong lifts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

When you going for two plates for a single? You are getting close.

1 Like

Idk man. I don’t think I have it in me right now

1 Like

180x6 wouldn’t be quite enough for 225 for me, but I seem better at reps. You are for sure close though. I bet 210-215 is there. I think if you keep progressing it’s there in 6 months. Ohp is a beast though. Really hard getting strong on that one.

Yea I figure I’m close to 200-210 for a max right now which is cool, as that’s a body weight OHP.
I think I’m better at reps as well, at least lower reps work, but singles are hard.

I’m really tempted to try and add some drugs and food and see what happens but I feel like I’d need to lean up a touch, which I don’t want to do as I’m making progress and staying at the same weight. So, trying not to mess with a good thing.

1 Like

Fwiw, I think I look worse on the drugs. Getting really strong, but the water weight isn’t a great look.

If you’re making progress, ride it out.

I was definitely leaner looking on the dhb but no bigger. I don’t care so much about the look while on, I just wanna be bigger which hasn’t been happening but now I think I know why. Constant under recovery. That’s why I’m so tempted to blast with more off days and better rest but like you said, if I’m making gains on nothing, I’d be stupid to change anything.

Of course I’m sure I’ll change something :joy:

2 Likes

The progress you could make if you had semi decent recovery is scary. The progress you could make with good recovery + drugs… 100kg OHP would probably be your bitch and we would asking when you getting 3 plates

1 Like

Well I skipped the gym prior to that long shift in anticipation of it happening. I also took a nap later after waking up 4 hours after falling asleep, normally I’d just stay up.

Even though technically right now I’m under recovered due to work, I’ve put putting in conscious effort to recover better when not on call and it’s been working. I’ve also reduced a lot of volume and really simplified my workouts which has helped, just from being less to recover from.

I’ve made more (albeit small) progress in the last 1.5-2 months on nothing than I did my whole 13 week blast, and that’s sad.

This right here is the thought that keeps lurking and calling out to me. It tells me to blast off and make those gainz and there will be plenty of time to slowly cut down for my first ever summer of being lean in my whole life. It really is a tough call :joy: obviously I know what I want, but I’m trying to go about it as smart and as healthy as I can.

1 Like

I honestly believe I have severe sleep apnea as well. I’ve been trying to get tested for the last couple weeks but it’s like pulling teeth. Once I come off call I will resume trying as I think this is a MONSTROUS issue I’ve had for years.

2 Likes

I have sleep apnea too. It’s a bitch. If I don’t use my CPAP I wake up with a massive headache that only aleve will get rid of (not too mention fatigue).
I finally got tested years ago after falling asleep driving to work on a bridge 200 feet above the Missouri River (thankfully the rumble strips snapped me back).

I hope you can get tested soon.

I did my sleep study this week. Results in two weeks. Come on cpap. I do not want a mouthguard or to be told to lose weight.

I did it to get a machine.