WannaBe’s Last Year Of “DYEL?”

and I thought I could grind lol. That was epic.

1 Like

I wish I’d have videos mine, it was much more graceful than his :joy: I don’t shake, I just stop, turn blood red, bust some eye vessels and my neck turns into a giant veiny creature. It’s a very classy failed rep.

3 Likes

Half a point, I don’t think Romalos are as cool as 90’s bodybuilder style high tops.

2 Likes

I’ll settle for half the point.

I just watched it again, I’m not going to accept failing a rep easily anymore. @simo74 you and your shoes are an inspiration.

1 Like

True that! Unfortunately, the selections in Albuquerque REI’s return and garage sale sections have been subpar when I’ve checked. It does pay to look when I’m in the store though.

Interesting! I love beaches, mountains, and green places. Gimme snow in winter and heat in summer. However, despite their greenery, most southern states don’t appeal to me, either.

What makes Alabama a hell hole to you? New Mexico has become desolate to me, and I’m looking to move out once I can afford to.

I love the beach too but like everything else it’s so crowded. There’s no piece and quiet, but they are beautiful. I’ve found some decently priced private islands that I plan to go to soon.

We just don’t have anything pretty in Alabama. When I went to Colorado it didn’t matter if I was downtown or in the mountains, it was just gorgeous.
We have some woods that are nice and thick and that’s about it.

That makes sense, ‘crowds’ and ‘wilderness’ don’t jive for me, either. A busy day on the beach would be nice every so often but not every time I went. The forests are thick in Alabama from what I’ve seen, but the land is flat and the views aren’t exactly sweeping panoramas lol.

I went to college for two years in Alamosa, Colorado (Adams State College.) Yuck. If I’d known better, I would’ve chosen Ft. Lewis College in Durango; it’s the small mountain town I wanted to live in at the time. Have you lived in Alabama your entire life?

Yep! And it sucks lol

Yep. I currently live 10 miles from where I grew up and spent the first 27 years of my life. I had my daughter when I was 19 going on 20, been on my own and working full time since I was 17, so I missed that part of my life where you leave the state, party, and find yourself then settle down in a destination of your choosing.

I hear you, I’ve lived in NM all but two years of my life (the two years I lived in Alamosa.) A brain injury left me in a coma when I was 20, THEN my leg was crushed by a 600-pound boulder when I was 24, so I spent 20-35 recovering from injuries and trying to reroute my life. For different reasons, I can relate to missing out on the adventurous go-where-I-want, discover-what-I-love phase. Honestly, that lifestyle only seems to happen for people with affluent parents.

ETA - which isn’t to say we can’t change our situations, but it does become more complicated.

Damn dude, I don’t have any stories to 1 up that :joy:
That’s wild. But yes, it does suck. Listening to people my age describe what they’ve done and seen is usually depressing.

1/10 would not recommend :joy: But I’m thankful I’m alive AND have all my limbs and faculties.

I can get pretty bummed when I look at (some of) my high school friends’ lives, too. My finances are a wreck, and it can leave me feeling totally limited in life. I’ve started to clamp down on comparing my life with other’s, because no good ever comes of it for me.

This was my primary driver for getting off social media and it’s definitely helped and been nice.

1 Like

You know, that’s a great point. My only social media is Facebook, which I’m barely on these days. Maybe a total break from it would be even more helpful.

1 Like

Man. Not a good day today. Hurt my thumb at work today and it just made everything suck lol also felt so damn week even after taking a rest day yesterday. Oh well, still counts

Pull ups

Not a good day for these lol

BOR’s
245 x 13
245 x 12
225 x 15
225 x 11
135 x 20

Chest supported iso row neutral grip
135/side x 7
135/side x 7
90/side x 15
90/side x 13

Seated bicep curl machine
80 x 18
80 x 14
80 x 14
80 x 14

Ezcurl bar curls
80 x 9
80 x 8
70 x 10

Rear delt dumbbell flys
30’s x 20
30’s x 18
30’s x 20
30’s x 19

11 Likes

Love how pull ups where too hard and then you smash out 245 x 13 rows. Quality

2 Likes

Technically I did one set of pull ups but they were too sucky to record lol

1 Like

Finally found your journal. Didn’t realize you were in the young people’s section and were just visiting the old folks home. Thanks for checking in on us dinosaurs. :sauropod: :t_rex: :sweat_smile: Great looking pull session yesterday. Seriously heavy rows.

1 Like

If I have a bad workout, feel weak, etc. I like to remind myself, that maybe this one didn’t give me progress, but it probably kept me from going backwards. Glass half full type thinking.

2 Likes