WannaBe’s Last Year Of “DYEL?”

Right. I am saying he does that. His book goes into that level of detail.

1 Like

Yes I ran hybrid nutrition and I loved it. The thing is, they’re nutritionists, not dieticians. They will give you advice on what you should or should not eat, but they won’t give you a beginning to end meal plan. It’ll be hard to find anyone that gives that level of detail without costing a lot more money. I do believe that the hybrid nutrition was well worth it though. She really helped me dial my shit in.

Forgive me sir, I should not have assumed. Does he just have the one book?

Ah I see. The coach I had briefly made my meal plan. I just ate the same thing every day and might make small tweaks on the weekly check ins. He was very much a bro though so just lots of chicken steak and rice. I think something a little more health oriented would be cool

Several. One of them you can get for free. He also does coaching

1 Like

I hear the RP Diet app is supposed to work more like this if you use the paid version, but i cant speak from experience. To my knowledge, it’s supposed to give you meal timing, macros and meal options that can be followed. Im able to do this on my own (because im a neurotic micromanager) just fine though, so i never bothered. Might be worth looking at, if this is your style.

I will say that this sounds like a lot of cooking daily though; idk how anyone gets by counting macros without meal prepping. I just end up eating mostly the same thing everyday… because I’m fun like that…

I downloaded the RP app and messed with it while I had the free trial. It’s super cool and I definitely think I’ll use it in the future, I was just hoping for something with even less thinking lol.

I meal prep for 4/5 days at a time. I too don’t understand how people cook all the time. I can’t even get to the gym and in bed before 9

1 Like

When I do meal plans for clients, I use a “template” type format that I tailor to the person’s goals, training and life situation. Something like:

Meal 1:
8 ounces protein
1 cup starchy carbs
2 cups non-starchy veggies
2 fats

And then in the plan I outline the foods that fit into each category. This allows for some flexibility but sets up parameters and then you’re not destined to 3 meals a day of chicken breast, rice and broccoli…

Just some “food for thought” to help you figure out which approach you want to take and that will best fit with your life.

1 Like

this was what I was eating not too long ago. Ended up adding Oreos and a bunch of snacks trying to get the scale to move, which it never really did. I regret keeping it so clean, should have added a little more yummy calories like PB&J’s and what not

I can’t stand trying to eat a variety and then figuring out all the calories and macros and trying to make it work based on numbers. You just end up living by the scale and MFP. I just end up eating the same things over and over again for consistency sake, but it would be nice to have variety and pre measures amounts calculated so I wasn’t doing math 24/7

Meal 1: 1 cup oats 1/2c berries 1 scoop protein peanut butter

Meal 2: 225g chicken 240g rice 1/2avacado

Meal 3: 225g steak 225g sweet potato 1/2 avacado 240g rice

Pre workout: protein shake 1 bagel & cream cheese

Meal 4: 6oz salmon 240g of rice

Snacks : dark chocolate roasted almonds

1 Like

Are these measurements raw or cooked? measurement by weight (and raw) is usually most reliable

Doesn’t really matter because I measure the same way every time aka repeatable and consistent.

But for the sake of answering your questions the meat is always weighed cooked. Rice I just go by the package. I buy the uncle bens microwave jasmine rice. I think the whole package is like 500 calories and the 1c rice is like 125g or around 240 calories. Numbers aren’t exact as it’s been a while since I read the label.
Sweet potatoes are also weighed cooked and peeled.
The salmon is weighed raw because they weight it for me when i buy it.

1 Like

You good?

1 Like

Na not really. But just the same as it always is. No progress, maybe even backwards, still trying really hard and living a life that any other human on this planet would see great progress.

Just not logging to try and help with mental health. Not sure if it’s working but it’s ok :joy:

5 Likes

positive thoughts and best wishes, if you believe in that kind of thing

4 Likes

Why hello there lil joozy legs. Started DC training a few weeks ago. Added in back squats to one of my leg days and started slow as to not reinflame/injure my hip flexors. Chose 315 for my work sets and have just been adding a rep or two eaxh workout. For the widow makers I started at 225 to work up slow, just been adding 10lbs a session. Today was 245x20 and between the calorie deficit and super low carbs, I’m really getting nervous. Shits about to start getting really interesting in the next few weeks and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared

17 Likes

Quads look great dude! Looking veiny. If you are like me, legs like that mean you are getting close to a 4 pack in the right light, flexing, and leaning back just so haha.

In seriousness, looking pretty damn good.

Sorry man, only giving you an 8/10 because you didn’t put back your dumbbell.

1 Like

I’m going to bed with a blurry 6 pack actually. (Most days, my bloat can be wild af)

My fat storage genetics suck Dick. Veins on my lower abs and rib cage but still fat as fuck

1 Like

haha it was there to hold open the French doors so I could listen to it rain while I worked out. Closed the doors but didn’t put the DB BACK

2 Likes

Holy God Mr. O level wheels

1 Like