WannaBe’s Last Year Of “DYEL?”

Stepped on the scale this morning and saw 210.4. Really happy with that. I’ve been eating at a deficit and healthy since I got back from the beach and my original goal of getting back in the gym has 100% been Accomplished! So proud of that. Looks like food is correcting it self as well.

I’ve read a lot about letting your body get used to it’s new normal after an episode of gaining or losing and it creates a new “home base” of you will. That seems to be true as I’ve been able to stay under 221 this whole year without working out or eating right which hasn’t been the case in years past.

I think for now I will continue to shed some BF slowly and stay there for a little bit before I decide to try to gain again.

Tits tris and shoulders!

Incline DB press
75’s for 2 sets
65’s for 2 sets

Hammer chest machine
3 sets to failure

Cable flys
3 sets of buuuurrrnnn

Seated DB OHP
2 sets of 60’s
2 sets of 45’s

DB lateral raises
Standing and sitting

Rear delt flys
Lots of these

Rear delt DB flys
3 sets

Lots of cable tricep work and a couple sets of some type of tricep machine.

Decided instead of the stairs which I almost died on yesterday that I’d do my first 500m row.

500m in 1:48. I could have done it a lot faster but there rowers sucked. For some reason anytime I tried to pick up the pace I’d start to slide off the back of the seat and have to wiggle around to readjust. Not the greatest time but I’ll take it.

3 Likes

I always find on rowers that the foot straps loosen the harder I push, don’t bother with them anymore.

Yea this one was annoying for sure. Probably won’t make rowing (atleast here) a thing. That damn stair climber absolutely destroys me anyways.

Epiq fucking back day

Used every back machine they had in the gym as well as a lot of cable machines. I’ll do my best to remember what all I did lol

Lat pull downs wide grip
Seated cable rows wide pronated and neutral
Seated machine row
1 arm meadows lat pull down things - didn’t like
Another type of hammer row machine
Rear delt machine fly’s
Some other type of rowing machine lol

Then a bunch of bicep work.
So for the longest my biceps have grown wider, by a good bit, but refuse to grow taller. Did some tease arch and apparently the head that controls height is very much wrist position activated. Turns out it’s the only position I can’t achieve with either wrist. Talk about tucking bummed out.

Other than that it was a great back day. Left out so much stuff that happened but went hard and the pump was real.

2 Likes

Had that killer back day yesterday then a storm rolled in and I got called out. Worked all night in the rain and got home at 6:30 this morning. Slept to 12 and decided I’d take today off. I want to train, but I think I’m already asking a lot of my body without giving it the food it needs so rest day it is. Gonna crush legs tomorrow.

Also, been looking at a lot of John meadows favorite exercises… think I might put together a PPL of his top few main moves

Man the reactive pump workout he has on Tnation is pretty badass and I’m sure you could easily make it work at the planet fitness

I’ll definitely check it out! Haven’t decided yet if I’m gonna join or just stay at my home gym. I really want to add a Tbar row machine and deciding to not venture out may help my make that decision.

BUT! Those machines are so damn cool. The only downside is about half of them don’t go heavy enough, but lord knows there are plenty of 24hr gyms around.

Leg day!

Woke up feeling great, really wanted to hit the gym hard but decided I’d wait till the afternoon since I was taking the kids to an indoor rock climbing park. That was a mistake… not only do I have zero motivation or drive, but I tweaked my back while there :man_facepalming:

Everything feels horrible.

Back squats

A lot of 3-5 rep sets at 135 trying to get the body moving freely, did some leg curls and extensions real light just to get a pump. Feels horrible :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Gave up on back squats. So fucking pissed off. Should have worked out this morning.

Front squats
Nope :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Fuck this. Going to cut grass and sulk

Well that was short lived. Weed eater died 5 minutes in. Guess I’ll try a tits and tricep workout instead!

Slight (~2”) decline DB press
90’s x 7
90’s x 7
90’s x 6
90’s x 5.5 lol
Next time I’m gonna wear a shirt, sliding around on the bench holding 180lbs of swinging goodness is sketchy AF.

Incline BB bench
Errrmerrrgerrash. These are hard after those declines :joy:. The empty bar felt heavy :joy:. Probably too many ramp up sets also.

195 x 5
195 x 5 :flushed: fried
185 x 5
185 x 4.875 stopped about an inch high in fear of being stapled lol

Rear delt DB flys
15’s x 30 idk if I really failed, or stopped on even
15’s x 24
15’s x 26
15’s x 19
Ohhhhhh my goodness. The pump is sickening at this point :joy:

BTN seated BB press, embarrassingly light lol
105 x 6
105 x 10
105 x 8
105 x 7

Seated DB lateral raises
15’s x 23
15’s x 21
15’s x 23
15’s x 20

Tricep cable push downs. Lots of them. Had plans to do some pin presses for tris but I’m fucking whooped. Having 3 muscle groups I care the most about on the same day is tough lol. Might be time to do a PPLS(shoulders) lol

@flappinit this is me sending you a friend request to join my new log.

I was going back over the old one to look at some past numbers and ran across some of the posts from when I was going through my divorce. I never said anything, but you (and others not mentioned in this post) made an impact. I really do appreciate it. Not only the friendly posting and banter in that log, but all the solid advice and genuine empathy and support I got from you and others. Thank you.

Come back. I miss you
No homo of course

1 Like

Full homo, bro.

Thanks for the tag, you got yourself through all that but I’m happy that I at least did more good than harm.

That’s also a SWEET home gym - like, my end goal, haha.

1 Like

Glad where on the same page. I honestly just put that there incase it looked weird :joy:

I know the rona changes things and now gym equipment is like gold… but prior to that this was pretty easy to get together. I bought 89% of it used and don’t have too much money wrapped up in it. If I could do it over again I’d change a few things but over all I like it. I really, really want a Tbar row machine and a few more cable attachments, and some heavy rubber dumbbells. All the wishes after that aren’t rational lol

You just plain will NEVER be satisfied, haha. I keep thinking I’m done, and then something shiny and new creeps along. As long as you’re willing to part with some things as part of an upgrade, it’s not bad. But I also have some sentimental pieces.

Unfortunately right now I don’t have too many things I’d part with :joy:. I also know that my goals and desires will change in time, so that makes me hesitant to sell some stuff. Snow upgrading existing things I could sell. I want a new squat rack, and I’ll sell this one when I get a new one.

Also @flappinit, I know how crazy you are and like doing that weird cardio stuff, there is indeed a rowing machine and spin bike as well. Both cheap though

4 days ago my self said this. This morning I was 206. Let’s hope it’s all fat and water and not any precious rare meat!

1 Like

Gonna attempt a leg day. Did a lot of banded good mornings to fill my lower back with a lot of blood and just get it loose.

Back squats
Nope. Idk what the hell is going on. It feels like I’m headed right back to that spot I was at where I quit squatting. I’ll try again later. Gonna do a back and bi now I guess.

Back and bi day

BB BOR’s
165 x 23
165 x 19
225 x 10

Trap bar BOR’s
145 x 10
145 x 10
145 x 10
145 x 10

Wide grip lat pull downs
4 sets to failure (~12 reps)

Scapular pulls
2 high rep sets

Bicep work. Lots of it. Burrrrnn baby burrrnnnn

Tits and tri day at globo gay gym. Knees still too tender to do any leg work :frowning:
Place is packed too

Incline DB bench
3 sets to failure using 75’s

Chest press
3 sets to failure

DB seated OHP
3 sets to failure using 60’s

Hammer machine OHP
3 sets to failure

Reverse DB flys
3 sets to failure 15’s

Reverse fly’s machine
3 sets to failure

Lateral DB raises

Tricep pull downs

Kinda felt pretty blah today. Went hard while lifting but just wasn’t feelin it. It was kinda depressing watching people make a fool of them selves attempting to work out, yet looked a lot better than me. Sad times are sad.

How do you find the balls to the wall 3x sets to failure style of training, do you log reps achieved to see if your progressing? I like the idea of it, might be something to give a go.