Wannabe LEAN! 2020 T-ransformation

No pup pic, no proof!

6 Likes

He looks like a very good boy.

1 Like

Heā€™s 12 weeks old, a Great Dane / Weimaraner mix. Heā€™s super sweet and loves to cuddle. Heā€™s just a puppy so all the usually annoying puppy things but we are working on that!

Home gym for the win. Thinking itā€™s almost time for an expansion of mine. Want to add a squat rack and a full bench station. Unfortunately that would mean knocking down a wall. Hmmm. Maybe Iā€™ll wait lol

1 Like

Whatā€™s a layer of brick and plaster compared to gains :wink:

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. I originally went commercial gym just to try something new and get back motivated to work out. Now Iā€™m losing a little bit of that motivation and home gym is bringing it back :joy: just the ole vicious circle of life and ADHD I guess

1 Like

Pretty crappy attempt to start working out tonight.

Got 2 hours of sleep last night thanks to the worst nightmare Iā€™ve ever had, couldnā€™t go back to sleep.

Drank an energy drink on the way home planning to hit it hard and when I got home my dad was here working on getting my house ready to sell. So that turned into an hour conversation that I didnā€™t want to have really. By that toke go juice is gone.

Decided to bench, which I havenā€™t done in forevvvvver. Shoulders just werenā€™t having it. Did some tricep pull downs and called tonight a wash. Gonna try and get some sleep and try again tomorrow. Just not feeling it today, at all.

Continuing the trend of short/shitty workouts!

Back and bi day

Pull ups went fantastic for the first set. Iā€™ve been doing neutral grip for a few months and did conventional tonight. I got 12 very perfect very slow reps and felt like I was using nothing but my back. Iā€™ve hit 20+ reps before but Iā€™ve never felt it like this so that was awesome.

Did BORā€™s with a barbell for the first time in a few months as well. Middle of my back felt like it was going to explode. I just couldnā€™t brace for shit tonight for some reason. So I kept the weight light and reps super high just focusing on a good contractions.

Same with seated cable rows :man_facepalming:

Biceps were ok, I was really frustrated that I was having a hard time going to true failure. It was really weird.

Just mentally not on it. Kinda stressed out getting the house ready to sell, parents driving me crazy, got my kids this weekend and trying to plan stuff, new puppy Bo is begging me to change his name to satan.

This to shall pass! Atleast it better :joy:

1 Like

I want to say something clever but all I can manage is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

Good tits and tri exercise. A little rushed and I had my kids and puppy all wanting to workout so not the most focused or complex but I got it done.

Things Iā€™ve recently noticed:

1. Incline dumbbell bench makes my lats absolfuckinglutey HUGE!! I guess they are being used to stabilize my shoulder/arms or what ever but itā€™s so damn sick looking.

2. This is something I realized a couple weeks ago but had to remind myself tonightā€¦ on cable push downs for triceps, I can do waaaaaay more weight and reps than what I think. Itā€™s the strangest thing. I can do 100lbs and get 12-14 reps and have a killer burn and think I canā€™t do anymore, then do 12-14 more at 160lbs and honestly canā€™t tell the difference. They both feel the same. Iā€™ve been limiting myself a lot but just going ā€œok, this is heavy and Iā€™m failing somewhere around 12 repsā€ and just staying there. I think Iā€™m just mentally weaker than physically.

Also weighed 206 this AFTERNOON after eating and stuff all day without going to the bathroom recently. So that means morning weight should be around 202 which is a new low. Still not sure where itā€™s being lost at but Iā€™ll take it. Iā€™m hoping to be super lean and look like I lift (even though Iā€™ll be small) at 180 or so. The last DEXA I had had my LBM at 179 I believe and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve lost a little muscle.
Once o get under 200 Iā€™ll have another DEXA scan. Kinda scared about it but I like tracking it.

1 Like

Absolutely zero motivation to train. Itā€™s so bad I canā€™t even force myself into a complete workout. Need something to help motivate me again, apparently my self disgust of my body isnā€™t enough anymore :joy:

Thinking maybe cross fit. Even though I really donā€™t want to be one of those people.

This is when your discipline is suppose to kick in. Snap out of it brother

1 Like

Or as Clint Eastwood would say ā€œSometimes ya gotta get plum mad dog meanā€

1 Like

Dude itā€™s bad. Zero strength too. I canā€™t even brake properly lol. Iā€™m not sure how in the hell you fake intensity but it just ainā€™t working. So disappointed in myself.

Hereā€™s what I do:

1. Get to my gym, alone.
  2. Think of something that pisses me off (ie, my belly fat)
  3. Blast music that I enjoy and get goingā€¦
2 Likes

My form goes to shit when I do thisā€¦lol I just start throwing crap around.

1 Like

Life treating you all right, @wanna_be?

3 Likes

I feel ya. I set up for a seated cable row and on my first rep was like fuck thatā€™s heavy and agonising. Letā€™s do 5-7 more of these. And did. The mind says no far before the body sometimes.

Hope you are alright!

Hey guys! So life has had me bent over raw dawgin me hard the last few months. Hereā€™s to getting back on track!

I havenā€™t lifted a weight in months. I havenā€™t cared about food in over a month. Good news: still around the same weight ~210. Bad news : what little muscle I had is gone. Starting back fresh lol.

On the TRT front, Iā€™ve been doing about 120mg a week split into 2 injections. Seems the only change thatā€™s made is my anxiety seems worse. Gonna go back up next week after I have bloods drawn.

House is sold, got a new girlfriend whoā€™s bad ass, works been going good, and my gym is almost set up in the new house.

In the middle of a workout right now. Plan is to do a few whole body sessions until next week when I get back from the beach then get back into a PPL routine.

Ready to get back what I lost and more.

5 Likes