Wanna Grow Some Cartilage?

So,today in art class I was reading an issue of “Runners” magazine(an older one,from 2003-2004)and in the last few pages I saw an article that just grabbed my attention.It was entitled “Indestructible Knees”,and since I’ve torn my meniscus 5-6 times now without having it fixed,I got curious.The article basically states that this stuff called Lurosil can help maintain healthy and flexible joints…so what?

The next part is what made my heart jump,“Lurosil helps new cartilage form between the bones in the knees(and in other joints),lubricating them and giving them a thick, cushiony, shock absorbent pad of cartilage to bounce on when engaged in demanding physical activity.” ! I was curious to see if anyone has heard of this and if you are interested I can give you the ordering info.

www.Lurosil.com  -website if you wanna check it out.

Skeptical, but interested to read some replies and check this stuff out.

It looks like a hyped-up glucosamine/MSM formula. I doubt any of the other stuff does anything worthwhile.

JC

Lurosil HA
60 tablets per bottle
2 tablets per serving:
Serving fcts:
Vitamin A 1667 IU
Vitamin C 20mg
Vitamin E 10 IU
Zinc 5mg
Manganese .67mg
Glucosamine HCI 500mg
Proprietary Lurosil blend: 200mg
Turmeric rhizome
Aloe vera inner leaf gel
Boswellia extract
Devil?s claw root
MSM
Yucca root
Hyaluronic acid
Bromelain

Well, the website isn’t all that impressive. It seems to be glucosamine/chondroitin/msm mixed w/ a few interesting plants.

But, lets say for a minute that it did promote cartilage growth - wouldn’t you end up with some big-ass ears? I mean, how does the stuff know to just regrow cartilage in your knees?

eh,it said “and other joints” in the article.I’m seriously considering this,because IMO taking a few pills is better then having surgeory and having to take time off to rehab it and be almost starting over.If I do order some I’ll keep yall informed.

I’m not sure what the price for that stuff is, but I’d imagine it’s pretty expensive. Check out Wal-Mart’s store brand glucosamine chondroitin supplement. I think it’s Spring Valley or something similar. Get the triple-strength version. It says to take three per day, though if you double that you will experience quicker and better results. I would double up, taking six pills per day, for about three months. Afterwards you can take 2-3 per day depending on your body size for maintenance.

Everyone I know, myself incuded, swears by this stuff. It takes about two to three months to fully kick in, read: experience enhanced cartilage growth. My knees used to hurt from running, biking, and squatting. After two months of this regimen they felt spectacular.

JC

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
So,today in art class I was reading an issue of “Runners” magazine…[/quote]

As an artist and someone whom just took the time to get there Masters degree in order to teach art. You my dear sir need to pay attention in class do your work and not take art or any of the arts Lightly they are a dieing trade :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,
Phill

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Phill wrote:
jmwintenn wrote:
So,today in art class I was reading an issue of “Runners” magazine…

As an artist and someone whom just took the time to get there Masters degree in order to teach art. You my dear sir need to pay attention in class do your work and not take art or any of the arts Lightly they are a dieing trade :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,
Phill

Hahaha, thanks professor!

bushy[/quote]

:slight_smile:

[quote]Phill wrote:
jmwintenn wrote:
So,today in art class I was reading an issue of “Runners” magazine…

Have a nice day,
Phill
[/quote]

well,good sir,i was doing my art,we have to combine 2 medias(mediums).I was told to find some clippings of a subject i like,i happen to like running,and paste it onto some thick paper and then draw a portrait over it.

and will the srping valley grow cartilage like this one claims?and its only like $30-$40 a bottle

out and out scam. or at least false advertising