T Nation

Wanna Get Ripped, Help Guys

Hey ppl…
just have started a serious workout routine…am very commited…my routine follows as:

30 mins run at treadmill at 11km/h(aprox 6miles/hr). then resistance training after for bout another 25-30 mins…

this routine once a day, 5 days a week…
no fancy diets…and neither have adapted to any protein shake yet…since im not sure bout it…my goal is to loose fat and gain muscle very fast(in order to get ripped)…according to me shouldnt be hard… since im 5’9 and weigh only 69kgs(153lbs)…

what do u feel i should do more to enhance my results?

[quote]ash89 wrote:
what do u feel is hould do more to enhance my results?[/quote]

Add some muscle first, seriously.

You will be able to add muscle and reduce fat in the early stages. Cut down on the cardio, and you seem to be overdoing it in general.

Weight train 3-5 times a week and then cardio 1-2days a week as most.

Diet is #1 on the importance list, get it sorted out first.

ash89 wrote:

no fancy diets…and neither have adapted to any protein shake yet…since im not sure bout it

This is your first mistake! You want to get lean, learn how to eat. There is no amount of work you can do to overcome shitty nutrition.

And while you’re sorting that out, do some more reading from this site regarding your workout ‘plan’. More is not necessarily better, think quality, not quantity. Like rsg said, 3-5x/week of intense lifting and cut back on the cardio (it’s the least effective way to lose BF!!).

Good luck!

Why would you want to do all that work to fix a problem (a shitty diet is what made you fat in the first place) and then not try to keep it from breaking all over again.

so you weigh in at 153 now ?

and you want to LOSE another 20 ?

thats 133 FREAKIN’ POUNDS !!

Nice goal …for an over-weight 10 year old

this is ripped

this is …not

most thin women at 5’9 are 133 lbs

If you are new to the game of weight do only 3-4 days of weight and do not do it 2 times per day.

At first your body will be screaming WHAT THE HELL!! and pack on muscle so don’t miss this golden chance to gain muscle.

3 months in you will probably feel grat and not need to lose any weight, but if you do it will be way easier.

diet is 80% of the battle and the other 20% (weight lifting) directs the body in the right direction.

I hope you are a serious poster and you are open to options.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:

this is ripped

this is …not

[/quote]

ahah. man. I don’t try to change their minds anymore. Thats some funny stuff, but I find its easier to just tell them the truth about thier goals. (That they won’t lose weight without reexamining their diet) and then they either read up and start learning about it themselves, or they go away and leave us alone.

OP. If you read that you just got a little nuggget. Read everything you can.

what i actually meant when i said by loosing weight was to get hard…i guess gaining muscle would be the appropriate word for it…thanks anyway guys…

[quote]marlboroman wrote:

this is ripped

this is …not

[/quote]

funny bro…will keep that in mind…thanks

[quote]ash89 wrote:
what i actually meant when i said by loosing weight was to get hard…
[/quote]

Don’t we all?

Thread interruption: Six, Who is that in your avatar?

By any chance Ash89, you wouldn’t happen to want a physique similar to this would you?

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Thread interruption: Six, Who is that in your avatar?
[/quote]

Megan Fox.