T Nation

Wanna Fight?

This thread is all about fighting. Im ready to kick some literary ass. I am sick and tired of all the MMA assholes weighing 150 lbs saying they can whoop a 250 lb bodybuilder. Also, I am against bodybuilders with red hair. Im pissed off, ragin, and ready to split heads with the above fuck sticks.

Ive been kickin at these little wanna be badass mma twirlers since the sport was introduced, and ill be kickin them all the way to the grave. They are a bunch of angry bitches with short mans syndrome. Im verbally calling out all you MMA fucks. You are small light pussies.

You better watch it man. One of them is gonna hit you with his purse.

[quote]duhast234 wrote:
This thread is all about fighting. Im ready to kick some literary ass. I am sick and tired of all the MMA assholes weighing 150 lbs saying they can whoop a 250 lb bodybuilder. Also, I am against bodybuilders with red hair. Im pissed off, ragin, and ready to split heads with the above fuck sticks.

Ive been kickin at these little wanna be badass mma twirlers since the sport was introduced, and ill be kickin them all the way to the grave. They are a bunch of angry bitches with short mans syndrome. Im verbally calling out all you MMA fucks. You are small light pussies. [/quote]

This is a repost of what Bob Sapp wrote in another forum before buying a plane ticket to Japan. He didn’t bury the myth altogether, but he did alright!

Ok, I’m against the internet tough guys who don’t do shit in real life, and the people who don’t actually train, other than hopping around shadow boxing in the gym, but come on. A bodybuilder is a bodybuilder.

A fighter (by fighter I mean a REAL fighter) is a fighter. Why is it so unlikely to you for a person who is a TRAINED fighter to be able to beat an untrained opponent who just happens to be bigger?

As for the second paragraph, you realize that it makes you sound like a complete pussy, right? First of all, like you said, they’re wanna be’s, like many are, and second, are people supposed to be impressed that you can indeed beat up someone who is smaller and weaker than you? You’re tough man, hardcore.

Oh, and at 191lbs and 6’2", you’re not exactly a gigantic hulk of a person yourself.

[quote]duhast234 wrote:
This thread is all about fighting. Im ready to kick some literary ass. I am sick and tired of all the MMA assholes weighing 150 lbs saying they can whoop a 250 lb bodybuilder. Also, I am against bodybuilders with red hair. Im pissed off, ragin, and ready to split heads with the above fuck sticks.

Ive been kickin at these little wanna be badass mma twirlers since the sport was introduced, and ill be kickin them all the way to the grave. They are a bunch of angry bitches with short mans syndrome. Im verbally calling out all you MMA fucks. You are small light pussies. [/quote]

[quote]duhast234 wrote:
This thread is all about fighting. Im ready to kick some literary ass. I am sick and tired of all the MMA assholes weighing 150 lbs saying they can whoop a 250 lb bodybuilder. Also, I am against bodybuilders with red hair. Im pissed off, ragin, and ready to split heads with the above fuck sticks.

Ive been kickin at these little wanna be badass mma twirlers since the sport was introduced, and ill be kickin them all the way to the grave. They are a bunch of angry bitches with short mans syndrome. Im verbally calling out all you MMA fucks. You are small light pussies. [/quote]

I’m sure you can find a mma gym in your area that would gladly fulfill your request.

I think I understand what he’s getting at. W all know those guys with the air lats wearing wife beaters who did 3 weeks of lifting consisting of some curls and benches who now think they’re the second coming of Arnold.

I see a lot of MMA guys like this, and no, they are not all the ultimate badass of even their neigborhhod.

Any sport will have the bell curve from shit to suck to good to great, and MMA falls into this pattern the same as everyone else.

One other thing to worry about, if you are small you will have a tough time against a guy 50+ pounds heavier than you. If he knows how to fight at all it gets worse. If he knows you know how to fight it gets even worse. and if he happens to be a jui jitsu instructor you’re really screwed.

Wow!!! Someone here needs a hug.
What’s the point of this thread? Let’s get educated for a second.

A bodybuilder works on his body!
A powerlifter works on his power!
A fighter works on fighting!!!
I’m going to guess that most people would rather fight a fitness guy of some sort then a trained fighter.

I don’t care if the fighter is 135 pounds or 235 pounds. He or She is trained to move in/take a dominate position/go for the kill!!!
I’m going to stop writing now because I’m ashamed of myself for replying to this. Shame on me!!!

MMA is for redneck homosexuals who have lacking sex lives. So they take out their anger in the ring and wrestle with men for a living.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
This is a repost of what Bob Sapp wrote in another forum before buying a plane ticket to Japan. He didn’t bury the myth altogether, but he did alright![/quote]

The thread should have ended here…but no.

Due to weight cutting, many “lightweight” MMA fighters actually walk around at a normal weight of 170-180. They’re actually average in size, if you’ve ever seen them in person. Most can deadlift at least 3x their body weight, since that’s important for wrestling and judo, and they also have a tremendous amount of functional strength and endurance.

Physically, they’re a match for any bodybuilder. Throw in the years of fighting and skills, and they will tear apart a typical bodybuilder.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
This is a repost of what Bob Sapp wrote in another forum before buying a plane ticket to Japan. He didn’t bury the myth altogether, but he did alright!

The thread should have ended here…but no.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
This is a repost of what Bob Sapp wrote in another forum before buying a plane ticket to Japan. He didn’t bury the myth altogether, but he did alright!

The thread should have ended here…but no.[/quote]

The dumbass regulator is apparently off line.

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
Due to weight cutting, many “lightweight” MMA fighters actually walk around at a normal weight of 170-180. They’re actually average in size, if you’ve ever seen them in person. Most can deadlift at least 3x their body weight, since that’s important for wrestling and judo, and they also have a tremendous amount of functional strength and endurance.

Physically, they’re a match for any bodybuilder. Throw in the years of fighting and skills, and they will tear apart a typical bodybuilder.[/quote]

Untrained not that agile bodybuilder, yeah. but what about a 220 pound powerlifter who also happens to do mma? Or a 200 pound powerlifter who is fairly athletic and has totaled 2100 pounds at 181,likea friend of mine.

This stuff doesn’t happen in a vacuum. some big strong guys train for fighting, and little guys are in trouble if they tangle with them. What about an ex college NCCA chapmionship wrestler? Say a guy that weight 250+.

I’ve seen silly ass attitude of I’m a tough guy in all sports that have some macho component. Don’t assume that big bodybuilder has never wrestled, boxed, did MMA, or is just a violent and tough sob who dislikes little guys with bad tatoos.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
The thread should have ended here…[/quote]

Without a Bruce Lee mention? Preposterous.

Wanna fight? Then go to any boxing or mma gym,it’s that simple.

I see guys like that all the time, especially at school. They put on a Tapout hoodie, and all of a sudden they are world MMA champion, sporting a permanent sneer, and a SEVERE case of ILS.

Ugh, it is just so stupid! The toughest guys I have ever known were guys that totally didn’t act like it. Really cool, nice dudes that never sneered, or acted tough, or pretended to have muscles that they didn’t have.

This MMA thing is creating a lot of wannabe tough guys. I dont get it at all, it is silly and immature.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Untrained not that agile bodybuilder, yeah. but what about a 220 pound powerlifter who also happens to do mma?
[/quote]

That proves the point of what counterfeitsoda and Higher Game were saying.

By making your 220lb powerlifter a fighter, you’ve just made a match-up between two fighters.

[quote]Dexter Morgan wrote:
MMA is for redneck homosexuals who have lacking sex lives. So they take out their anger in the ring and wrestle with men for a living.[/quote]

…says the guy with a shirtless man as his avatar. I bet you dig the 'stache.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Without a Bruce Lee mention? Preposterous.
[/quote]

If both men in the fight are 185lb+ and strong/well conditoned, there’s going to be pain on both sides, even if one of them is mucb bigger than the other. But once you get into the little guys…140, 150, 160 etc., they just haven’t got the muscle mass or bone structure. The “skills” don’t make up for it.

Or at least that’s what I’ve seen at the various place I’ve trained / fights I’ve watched. Put a 185lb guy against a 220lb opponent and it could go either way. Put a 185lb guy against a 150lb opponent - same weight difference - and it’ll be over FAST.