Wanna Be Powerlifter

I’m using the Candito Advanced Bench Program for my PDP Coursework for PE I’ve decided. Did you run it as written or add any leg work at all? I just want some squats and deads in there when I run it.

Good choice! Expect some great results! What did you set as your target weight? When (and if ) i run it again i’m going for that 1.5x bw bench.

So, i ran it while running the 6 week program. The first weeks where you bench 5 times a week,
I just did squats/deads first, proceeded to bench afterwards.
This might hinder optimal performance, But it worked for me.
I think candito says its possible to do, aslong as you know the difference between fatigue and injury.

2 Likes

Week 2 - Muscular Conditioning/Hypertrophy (W/ Higher Difficulty)
The day of the dead. I mean squat/deadlift day 2.

Warm up
foam rolling/stretching/band work/
Did some hipthrusts, and legg swings to.

Warm up sets:
Bar x a bunch, 60kgx 5, 80kgx 5, 100kgx 1,

Main sets
107,5KG x MR10 I’m gonna take this slow, and steady. Going for 10 reps.

Back off squats:
reduce weight by 5KG and do sets of 3 with 60 secs rest.
10 reps- 10x3
8-9 reps- 8x3
7 reps- 5x3
less then 7 skip the back of squats.
10 sets of 3 with 102,5kg.

Deadlift
Deficit deadlift 100kg 3x8

Accessories
Legg press 3x12
Legg curl 3x12
Hip thrusts 3x12
Pull throughs 3x12 Super set w/ Cable Crunch 3x12

If i’ve got time after this, i’ll do some biceps.
Video’s to be added later.

My reasoning behind doing hip thrusts/pull throughs:
After examining my deadlift, i feel my hamstrings/glutes are the lagging factor.
So i’ll be hammering these, pre and post meet. Think ill start doeing more hip thrusts.
And having an BIG ass is also cool.

I will just put my max as whatever I hit at this meet on bench. Then give a while of deload then start the 6 weeks of Bench.
For lower/leg work I’ve put in 5 x 3 on squats followed by 50 reps SSB on Monday and then 5 x 3 on Deads on Friday for the first 3 week of high frequency.
Then week 4 Monday 3 x 3 on squat and 3 x 3 on dead on Friday followed by SSB.
Week 5 I put in 5 x 5 on squat Monday then 5 x 5 dead on Thursday.
Week 6 Monday is a light 5 x 5 and then done.

Not expecting my squat or dead to improve at all just to keep form there and maintain strength.
Hopefully can add 15 kilos plus on my Bench. Also was looking at his 9 week squat program and maybe running that September time.

Sounds like a good plan. Saw you got a SSB, Awesome! my previous gym had one, i never really used it, but did like 3 times. I liked when i used it, but it was to big of hassle putting it in the rack…

I’ve looked at this program to, but i wanna get a bit more experience with squats/ and front squats before i run it.
Might run it end of the year/next year.

My squats have been pretty bad relative to my other lifts and I wanted to run Smolov for a bit. Depending on the results I get from this 6 week program then the advanced bench I will definitely give it a run. I like the idea of instead of slowly getting everything up just hammering the shit out of one lift and putting others on the back burner.

1 Like

For me this is with the deadlift. I wish candito brought out a deadlift program.
Do you happen to know any deadlift specialty programs?

Same. I loved benching so much, even tho i hate bench. I finally got it up to where i don’t really care if i hit any other milestone. When i get strong enough all around, i’ll eventually go for that “3 plate club” But its mile’s away.

Today’s workout:
bench press

I’ve got no clue what i really wanna do with benchpress tbh…

Anyways warmup:
Supertraining warm up i did last time to, Felt amazing.
Bar x20 40kgx 5 60kgx 5

Main sets:
Benchpress:
80KGx 3
80KG x 3
80KG x 3

Floor press:
60KG x 6
60KG x 6
60KG x 6
(I might do more weight or more reps. I’ll see, never done floor press.)

Accessories:
Pec Deck 3x8
Chin ups 3x8
Rows (Variation i’ll decide at the gym.) 3x8
Pull downs 3x8 Super Set w/ Seated machine row 3x8
Tricep/bicep stuff 3x8

I did this all with minimal rest.

This is good. Haven’t needed to run it.

1 Like

Sorry Chris derped out.

Thanks for the program. I’ll take a closer look at it after work.[quote=“hugh_gilly, post:70, topic:229557, full:true”]
Sorry Chris derped out.
[/quote]

What??

Btw, Wanna do a unoffical offical race to a 200kg squat? Our squat is at the same weight at the moment right? Should be a fun little thing to keep you extra motivated! (and myself.)

I put a link to the site where that program is from and Chris (forum director) had to change it.

Damn 200kg. I’d like to hit that but will take quite a while. Why don’t we do a race to 2, 3 ,4 plate bench squat dead first. All has to be recorded and good enough to do at a meet.

1 Like

Sure! Sounds good to!
I think i’ve got the Squat/Bench covered at my upcoming meet, Deadlift not so much.

Let’s do it but not at a meet as gaps between them is too long. Good enough to pass for meet 2 whites but can be in a Gym. Has to be recorded as well.
So 100 Bench
140 Squat
180 Dead

@caesium32 in?

1 Like

I assume my most recent 100kg bench doesn’t count, Haha?

Anyways, do you have to do it in a " mock meet " type fashion, all 3 in a day?
Or like: I go in one day i hit bench, next week squat, maby 3 weeks deadlift for example?

The more the merrier

Sure, I mean they’re numbers I’ll eventually hit anyway but I probably won’t try and peak or anything to get there quicker. You guys are both a fair bit ahead of me so we’ll see what happens lol.

Do it this way.

I would join in on this and aim for 3-4-5 myself, but I’m afraid you guys are much closer to the 2-3-4 than I am to at least the 5 on deadlift. What are your guys’ current best lifts in the gym?

I’m at:
92 Bench
130 Squat
165 Dead

Joe is at:
100 Bench for a near fail, I guess 95??
Easy 132.5 squat
127.5 x 2 on Dead I think.

Caesium is doing BBB so my calculated maxes may be off a fair bit:
86 bench?
116 squat?
126?

Greggy is at:
130 bench
144 squat?
180 dead?

I’m probably really far off on all those estimates but just spent an hour going through logs.

2 Likes

Forgot but @BEAst_in_I in?

I’m just doing 5/3/1 with PR sets at the minute. 1RMs are roughly
Bench ~80kg
Squat ~110-120kg
Deadlift ~120-130kg

Basically I’m a long way behind lol.