Wanna Be Powerlifter

This machine (see picture) and better flexibility of hips.

Leg-Abductor-Machine-for-Training

1 Like

If you have some minibands or something, you could use them in the warmup to learn to feel the knees going apart in the squat.
But the band around the knees, and push them apart as you squat down and especially on the out of the hole and up.

2 Likes

Deadlift amrap:
160kg x 6
Really fucking happy with this. As ya’ll know deadlift is by far my worst lift. (maybe bench at the moment, but idk.)
160kg (90%) for 6 is pretty good.
Calculation wise this puts me at a 190kg deadlift.
Further i just did some bodybuilding stuff.

ELBOW:
It’s feeling better and better. Doing direct light tricep work for high reps (30+) Helps

2 Likes

Congrats dawg! 200kg this year??

I’m tryna do a little pre-hab for my elbows because I press 2-4x/week. I’m not having any elbow issues at the moment, but I wanna prevent any potentially serious issues. What have you been doing lately that helps elbow pain?

dude nice!

1 Like

If stuff keeps moving like it currently is i think 200kg will be there pretty soon.

So, take everything i say with a grain of salt since its just what has worked for ME.
Direct bicep work, Direct tricep work. Light, for high reps.
Fore arm work. And using some tiger balm to warm 'em up.
Maybe elbow sleeves

2 Likes

today’s training:
Squat
60kg x2
100kg x1
140kg x1
belt on
160kg 2x1

Bench:
60kg x 2
80kg x 3
90kg x 3
-not including warmup
-got greenlight from physio to bench again

1 Like

Squats:
Where feeling weird. Record my sets, saw i unconsciously changed my form.
Started to actively think about squatting like i always squat, and it felt better after that.
140kg 2x1 beltless
160kg x 2
and then i did my programmed 10x3 @ rpe 6. Deloading s so much fun!

Did some leg exstensions, and bicep/triceps till i got a pump.

2 Likes

First time really benching in 3 weeks for more then 1 set. :smiley:

5x5 82,5kg. Was harder then idd have liked it to be…
My bench has dropped allot. Maybe @guineapig can even outbench me now… :frowning:

Got in the programming for next month, no more amraps.
I’ll have to say, even though im really excited for the meet, i’m also really itching to work on my body composition after the meet and bring up some stuff. And just get a bit bigger… And lose some fat :smiley:
Edit: my quads where looking pretty sexy after the workout, idk why or how since i didnt do a single leg exercise…

Anyways, last day of deload tomorrow, and then its only 12 weeks till my meet :o
k bye

1 Like

How tha tables have turned…

By logic my deadlift is now superior to yours. #230kg deadlift incomming. (atleast iirc your deadlift is 220kg?)

220 yeh. Where are you getting 230 from?

1 Like

Eating butt is magic though

1 Like

last deload workout. woop die doo.

10x3 ish (might have skipped one or two sets…) 120kg deadlift
this is so boring. A well…

5x5 benchpress 85kg
Bench was feeling better then yesterday @guineapig i might still be benching more then you :slight_smile:
Did some warming the arch up with a foam roller, etc.

that was about the workout.

Mental note:
I’m feeling kinda shitty atm, no clue why :frowning:
Gonna treat myself to some pizza tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good while it lasted lol

I mean you haven’t maxed on bench in a while tho right? If you can bench more then 110kg, you’re pretty good on beating me…
Only my squat is better i think atm

2 Likes

Just saying, i have 2000lbs eccentric leg press. SO COME AT ME BOII

4 Likes

today’s training.
I was sick all weekend, had the shits. So i dropped about 3/3,5kg of bodyweight in about 2 days. Not good for performance…

Stuff moved well today, was feeling kinda stuff. Probably due to laying in bed most of today (free of school due to teachers having meetings.) and most of sunday…

Anyway, here’s the actual training:

Squat 6x3 147.5kg
All sets moved pretty good, speed could’ve bin better for the weight it is, but i’ll blame it on the shits. LOL

Bench:
We’re back to benching structurally no
4x6 70kg
Really light, moved super easy. Good to have some decent bench work in there for the first time in 4 weeks, lol.

Accessories
lat pull downs 3x12
tricep pushdowns 3x12
some shoulder stuff 3x12

Note:
I’m still doing the rehab/prehab stuff for my elbow just moved it into warmup for my bench