Wanna Be Powerlifter

saying that not having deadlifted 180kg yet

Depending on the situation my answer to this kind of question can be anything from trust the process to get a new coach but honestly a lifter and their coach can and should be communicating stuff like this on a dailee baseese baby pls.

Is a two way street my dude. You do the work and trust the process but at the same time it’s on your coach to monitor progress, act on feedback and pretty much facilitate you being as good a lifter as possible.

Have a chat with ur dude cos with weaknesses you pretty much need to identify and hammer them hard and sometimes it’s a lifting career long process. If no changes are made you can expect keep failing squats in a similar way. You’ll probably get stronger but not as strong as you could’ve been if you had worked on your weak points.

There’s many ways to skin a cat (idiom city today lel) so worst case there’s still stuff that can be done from form tweaks and cuing, to targeted assistance movements, to accessory work to build up the relatively weak musculature.

Pull sumo easy

He’s not so much a coach as a guy who does my programming.

I mentioned to him that maybe my glutes and quads could use some direct work, his response:
We’re past that phase now. Time to focus on getting neurologically strong.
i’m going to be completely honest, got no clue what that means. Ha.

:frowning: skin a @guineapig

Got it, quads ,quads ,quads.

1 Like

da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae da wae

1 Like

When’s your comp again?

1 Like

june 23, competing in the 83’s.

Bruh.

1 Like

poor guineapigs

So, ive bin trying that.
I just dont seem to get the hang of the form, might just have to force myself to use it for my working sets to.

I feel like an idiot @khangles sorry I took your advice and almost put it into my own.
It was 5 days ago and it was in this log and Khangles put it up :slight_smile:

Still I saw it, and I could remember it. I learn a ton in these logs, you guy’s are awesome.
Even the little @guineapig that pull sumo is nice.

1 Like

No one owns the advice and I’d rather good advice be spread around than not.

4 Likes

It’d make sense if you were a month out from a meet and prepping but 4 months out …

So; He does my programming based on very simple periodisation,
We started off in January with a volume/hypertrophy fase ended end February. We’re now moving into the “power” fase, and then next is the “peaking fase”.

Guess ill trust the process. After the meet, i’ll evaluate what i need based on weaknesses.
:smiley:

1 Like

today’s workout:
140kg x 5
160kg x 5
140kg x 5
Squats^

Triedd benching for the first time in 2-3 weeks, (with serious weight.)
I for sure got weaker at bench… Sucks, but ok.

gg…

How’d it feel on your elbow?

Good. Elbow’s feeling good most of the time now, sometimes it flares up, which sucks.

1 Like

I don’t recommend a long look down at the squat. Look always ahead or upwards.

It seems to me that your knees are getting closer to each other when you are in the myometric phase. This is a mistake that is likely to mean weak adductors.

How do you recommend i fix this?