Wanna Be Powerlifter

1 Like

If you are in a phase training where you accumulate volume then accumulate quads volume and get big quads. If you’re in a phase of training where you aim to get stronger than load up the quads and get stronger quads. Or just start after your meet tho 3 months is a long time IMO

2 Likes

Tmw everyone in my gym thinks i got big quads and t-nation shuts me down, thereby calling everyone in my gym small quaded losers. /s
Ill start doing some direct quad work. Haven’t done that in forever so it will help. What would be better leg presses or leg exstensions? Or maybe even light lunges?

Thanks mr gif god king

1 Like

Todays workout:
Deadlifts 4x6
130kg

Deadlifts where feeling good. Not moving insanely quick, nor moving insanely slow. Just good.

Wrist curls and hammer curls.Elbows are starting to feel better. FINALLY. Might be benching soon again. Will give it some more rest tho…

Sorry I meant bigger. Quads can never be too biggerest

2 Likes

Leg extensions. Never got shit out of leg presses.

2 Likes

agree with this. I haven’t done them in a long time because people tell me it’s bad for my knees (though I’ve never experienced knee pain from them so idfk)

Leg presses sure make my knees achy. Leg extensions don’t. I do them ligjt AF though.

1 Like

I’d say belt squats but most gyms don’t have the stuff for you to set it up or you end up with some awkward abomination looking belt squat.

Dunno what y’all have against leg presses but they do the job (in principle at least) if you aren’t stupid about it… going off insta vids that’s actual asking a lot of the general gym population lel

Lots of stuff you can do but I’d chat with your coach or whoever does your program and have a good think about it before making changes.

OUCH that looks like that hurt just a bit

1 Like

Pain is just weakness leaving the body. No pain no gain. Etc etc

2 Likes

AMRAP DAY BITCHES

warmups
60kg (not on video)
80kg
100kg
120kg (not on video)
140kg
160kg
170kg

AMRAP TIME
180kg x 1.5 reps.

I swear i had that second rep in me, probably a third to be completely honest. Idk why i failed the 2nd rep… My old coach (who i asked for a opinion) seems to think its glute strength and recommends me doing split squats I think it could be related due to back strength not being up to par. Or maybe just a technique mistake…
What do you all think

Ps. Pardon my screaming. Its heavy weight for this guy and i like doing it when the gym is empty.

@MarkKO . @khangles @guineapig @anyoneelse

Any other people who wanna chime in and give me some idea’s are welcome.

3 Likes

I couldn’t in all honesty say I’d pick glute strength as the culprit there. You got out of position a bit and couldn’t muscle through it is all. Maybe stronger glutes would have saved you, maybe not.

2 Likes

The first looked good and strong. The second I think your speed out of the hole was not as fast as the first and as Mark pointed out you got out of position and got caught on the sticking point.
A few days ago I saw a video… and I can’t remember where, but it was in one of the logs on here.
They said lack of quad strength before back and posterior chain.
You shoot you butt a bit more back, to rely more on the posterior chain, and in the video they said something about if the quads are “weak” that is what you tend to do, rely on the posterior chain, and when looking at video you would think it’s the back or posterior chain that’s lacking.
But I am novice and do not know much about it, just quoting a video.

2 Likes

Gym Buddy be like walk it off you little bitch

1 Like

bruh.

Dat AMRAP tho… 1 rep

Were you feeling alright on the day? Were warm ups moving alright (you should know because you did like 50 million fucking reps in your warm up)?

Wut happened is dis:

Aside from taking bigger jumps and less reps in the warm up I got nothing much to add to what I said before or MarkKO or mortdk have said. Previous advice still stands

4 Likes

Got no idea lol. You squat more than me apparently so you tell me

1 Like

Yep, iknow…

Yes,

Dude who’s making my program isn’t big on allot of “extra” stuff.
he’s of the opinion i just need to get stronger overall. and not focus on one specific things…

So, if i where to do some sneaky leg presses here and there or leg extensions, would that really mather?

soon ill be deadlifting more to >:D

*X for doubt meme