T Nation

Wanna Be a Trainer?

Hey,
So I’m 6-2, 175 lbs, 19 years old, and in need of more muscle. I played 3 sports in each year of high school, but it obviously wasn’t my strength that allowed me to compete (I’m sure it would have helped tremendously had it been there).

I’ve been lifting for a year and a half now, minus the 4 months i spent abroad second semester. I am up 25+ lbs since high school. Since coming home I’ve been eating 5-6 meals a day and training 5 days a week, taking only whey protein.

I’ve been lifting with a friend who plays football in college and have been using his routine. On weekends we usually do squats and drink milk instead of going out. (So that bit of advice isn’t going to help me…)

Bench: 195x2
Squat: 255x2

I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.

There are lots of training programs on this site. Just go read some articles and pick on of the hundreds of routines on here

If you can drink a gallon of warm milk in under an hour, I’ll help you. Better yet, put bright green food coloring in it.

Try reading the site before you post.

Why not use one of the hundreds of training programs written by top-notch strength coaches already on the site?

[quote]j23rich wrote:
I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.[/quote]

Wow. With a pitch like that, who can resist?

Weeks 1-9
Eat shit

Week 10
Die

Monday: 20 sets of squats, wave loading, that means doing different rep ranges each set. 10 sets power back squats, 10 sets olympic ass to grass front squats. Inject as much testosterone as you can afford.

Tuesday: 12 sets of bench press, wave loading. 5 sets wide grip, 4 sets medium grip, 3 sets narrow grip. Inject as much testosterone as you can afford.

Wednesday: 12 sets of bent over rows, wave loading. 5 sets overhand grip medium width, 4 sets underhand grip medium width, 3 sets overhand grip ultra wide width. Inject as much testosterone as you can afford.

Thursday: 20 sets of deadlift, wave loading. 10 sets normal deadlift, 10 sets snatch grip deadlift. Inject as much testosterone as you can afford.

Friday: 8 sets of barbell curls, wave loading, varying grips. 8 sets of skullcrushers, wave loading, varying grips. Inject as much testosterone as you can afford.

Saturday: 10 sets of overhead pressing, varying grips, wave loading. Inject as much testosterone as you can afford.

Sunday: REST

Repeat cycle until you are burnt out then take a week or two off.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
j23rich wrote:
I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.

Wow. With a pitch like that, who can resist?

Weeks 1-9
Eat shit

Week 10
Die[/quote]

You are definitely missing the boat. He is clearly advanced and only need 2 weeks of shit eating before he can die.

[quote]Zero_Z wrote:
If you can drink a gallon of warm milk in under an hour, I’ll help you. Better yet, put bright green food coloring in it.

Try reading the site before you post.[/quote]

Ditto l o l

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
j23rich wrote:
I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.

Wow. With a pitch like that, who can resist?

Weeks 1-9
Eat shit

Week 10
Die[/quote]

This is what I was thinking only your response was more clever…

Seriously.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
j23rich wrote:
I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.

Wow. With a pitch like that, who can resist?

Weeks 1-9
Eat shit

Week 10
Die

You are definitely missing the boat. He is clearly advanced and only need 2 weeks of shit eating before he can die.[/quote]

I challenge you to give me your credit card number, dont let me down.

[quote]j23rich wrote:
Hey,
So I’m 6-2, 175 lbs, 19 years old, and in need of more muscle. I played 3 sports in each year of high school, but it obviously wasn’t my strength that allowed me to compete (I’m sure it would have helped tremendously had it been there).

I’ve been lifting for a year and a half now, minus the 4 months i spent abroad second semester. I am up 25+ lbs since high school. Since coming home I’ve been eating 5-6 meals a day and training 5 days a week, taking only whey protein.

I’ve been lifting with a friend who plays football in college and have been using his routine. On weekends we usually do squats and drink milk instead of going out. (So that bit of advice isn’t going to help me…)

Bench: 195x2
Squat: 255x2

I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.[/quote]

You know with different wording Im sure some one would have set you up a great program and directed you to some good diet and supplement articles. If not just for the feeling of being a good person and helping someone in need.

But you had to make it sound like its a challenge and not to you and not to let you down.

Oh well, at least you will learn your lesson from this.

Hopefully.

[quote]j23rich wrote:
Hey,
So I’m 6-2, 175 lbs, 19 years old, and in need of more muscle. I played 3 sports in each year of high school, but it obviously wasn’t my strength that allowed me to compete (I’m sure it would have helped tremendously had it been there).

I’ve been lifting for a year and a half now, minus the 4 months i spent abroad second semester. I am up 25+ lbs since high school. Since coming home I’ve been eating 5-6 meals a day and training 5 days a week, taking only whey protein.

I’ve been lifting with a friend who plays football in college and have been using his routine. On weekends we usually do squats and drink milk instead of going out. (So that bit of advice isn’t going to help me…)

Bench: 195x2

Squat: 255x2

I’m challenging you to provide me with a 10 week workout plan (nutrition and supplements included) to help me get as BIG as possible! I’ll be putting up pictures soon and I’ll also be logging my progess daily. I’m putting alot of faith in my fellow T-Nation readers, so don’t let me down.[/quote]

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe can be found

here: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?SearchPhrase=starting+strength&m=SR

#1- Buy Book
#2- Follow program in book
#3- Any problems that the book doesnt specifically address
come back and post question on T-Nation
#4- That is all