T Nation

Walmart Whey

I usually order 6-7 lbs of protein per month. I got into a pinch Thurs and was forced to cut down to 4lbs of Walmart Whey. Good god, that shit is nasty. I have never tasted a protein this bad. I usually buy ON or from PF, the shit I’m drinking now makes me appreciate the products those 2 sell.

Do any of you have any Ideas how I can hop it up so it doesn’t taste so bad?

Ya when I run out of good protein powder I go to Costco and get the EAS in 6LBS bags for $30 bucks.

I tried the wal-mart thing and like the EAS much better if I get in a pinch like you did.

I suppose you could try to mix it with a better powder or just add dif things to the shakes to help with the taste.

I use the chocolate whey made by Body Fortress that they sell at walmart because it fits my budget. I don’t think it tastes great, but it is def not the worst I have tried. If you have the time put some in a blender with frozen fruit and pb, or skim milk and sugar free chocolate sauce (splenda).

[quote]swolllax wrote:
I use the chocolate whey made by Body Fortress that they sell at walmart because it fits my budget. I don’t think it tastes great, but it is def not the worst I have tried. If you have the time put some in a blender with frozen fruit and pb, or skim milk and sugar free chocolate sauce (splenda). [/quote]

Is that you in the avatar. Dude you look like a holocaust survivor, go ahead and get the whole milk.

yeah i dont mind body fortress… its cheap so meh… but whatever protein is protein

My wife and I drink Body Fortress and it tastes fine. I’ll mix it with coffee over ice and it tastes pretty good.

I just got back from the store and picked up some Nesquick. Hopefully this makes it better. I can’t use foods that need to be blended b/c I’m allways on the go between work, school, and lifting. Normally I don’t sweat the taste of any food but this shit is terrible.

Body Fortress tastes like the anus of a corpse.

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
I just got back from the store and picked up some Nesquick. Hopefully this makes it better. I can’t use foods that need to be blended b/c I’m allways on the go between work, school, and lifting. Normally I don’t sweat the taste of any food but this shit is terrible.[/quote]

Go get a magic bullet, four glass-sized washable blenders. Best fifty bucks I ever spent, I generally blend Whey/oats/PB. Works like a charm and takes a few seconds to wash.

[quote]sevenmoist wrote:
swolllax wrote:
I use the chocolate whey made by Body Fortress that they sell at walmart because it fits my budget. I don’t think it tastes great, but it is def not the worst I have tried. If you have the time put some in a blender with frozen fruit and pb, or skim milk and sugar free chocolate sauce (splenda).

Is that you in the avatar. Dude you look like a holocaust survivor, go ahead and get the whole milk.[/quote]

He already uses PB, so he is getting healthy fats in.

He most likely plays HS lax, so he’s probably more concered with SQA training than getting hyooge.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:
yeah i dont mind body fortress… its cheap so meh… but whatever protein is protein[/quote]

If you ever tried Surge recovery or Classic Grow! you’d realize all proteins are not created equal. However Classic Grow! was discontinued a few years back.

ewwwww!
the walmart whey is terrible! x_X
i could only drink it with milk.

Metabolic Drive is soooooooooooo so so so much better. :slight_smile:
the difference is astounding. seriously.