T Nation

Wallace and Gromit

That shit's weird. Why do my kids put it on? Fucking English....

Wallace & Gromit was a childhood favourite, fight me.

Ah snap!, hahahah....

But seriously, I feel like I should drop acid prior to them turning it on....

There are some things about Wallace & Gromit that people who aren't English won't understand. The whole aura of it probably more than anything. There are some great short films that were made that are really, really good. And I enjoyed the film a hell of a lot too, it's one of my favourite animated films by virtue of childhood nostalgia (but also because it's so well made and very pleasing). The Wrong Trousers is a personal favourite of mine, the train scene is too good.

Sadly there's only a shit copy of it, because finding a reasonable quality scene from Wallace & Gromit is like finding the holy grail under your local pub.

I remember that lol

so much turophilia

how can you not like Wallace and Gromit? they're great. part of a long line of British comedy such as The Benny Hill Show, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Are You Being Served?, Blackadder, Mr. Bean, Fawlty Towers, and Last Of The Summer Wine.

Weird shit or just different shit from the shit you usually watch? Wallace and Gromit is excellent, my kids love it they also love this

and this

If your kids like it then whats the problem. It gives them a different perspective of what funny is or at least from what you consider funny is, you see what I am getting at...difference is good, 'same' is shit. Considering your children can see that and you can't means you have been blinded by mainstream, influenced by 'same', your horizons have been limited by 'same'.

Consider Japanese cartoons, or French cartoons or any cartoon that isn't american and you will see a different thought process at work, which is good esp for kids imaginations...

I watched this with my son and all I got was questions then more questions then more questions...which is great! He didn't leave his brain at the door unlike with most films that serve everything on a plate for the viewer

Well we dont like your shitty american sitcoms either boyo.

Haha spot on.

I'm American and Wallace & Gromit is the shit.

I'm confused by this thread. Who doesn't like Wallace and Gromit? Lol.

I actually watched a lot of BBC comedies, more so than American sitcoms when I was a kid. We didn't get a dish till I was a late teen and they came on the local PBS channel from 9 till 11.

I really enjoyed most of them, Are You Being Served?, Allo Allo!, Keeping Up Appeareances, Fawlty Towers, Mr. Bean, One Foot in the Grave. I liked some more than others but they were all decent.

Love Allo Allo!

My 5yo son and I watch a lot of Wallace and Gromit. It's one of the few programs we can really watch together and I enjoy it.

james

Have you watched Shawn the Sheep?
What about Phineas and Ferb?

That and Are You Being Served are probably my two favorites. I also love Wallace and Grommit. On the list of bizarre acid trip cartoons, it is pretty low. Just watch the cartoon network for an hour or two. It makes me feel like I am about to have a seizure ha.

I like neither american sitcoms, nor wallace and gromit. Edgy has become mundane, to me it's just not funny anymore.
There's only so much edge before you go over a cliff.

Mr. Bean is funny, gotta admit. Top Gear is the best british programe.

LOL...love Shawn the Sheep. Phineas and Ferb are OK and I can sit through those episodes. But they aren't as good as Wallace.

Cheeeeese...lol

james

Fawlty Towers was too good, my dad gave me the DVD box set long after it had finished. Always had a thing for Blackadder too, especially the Laurie and Fry ones. I might go back and watch all the ones I saw in my childhood, for old time's sake. 'Allo 'Allo is golden, my young self used to go wild at Officer Crabtree.