Wall Climbing and Forearms/Grip

my gym card ran out at the turn of the year and im thinking about other gyms. There’s one where they have wall climbing as well, and I was thinking, is wall climbing a good enough forearm/grip work method, possibly as a finisher or off day activity, to base my choice of gym on it? The actual weight room has all the same equipment my old one has.

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
my gym card ran out at the turn of the year and im thinking about other gyms. There’s one where they have wall climbing as well, and I was thinking, is wall climbing a good enough forearm/grip work method, possibly as a finisher or off day activity, to base my choice of gym on it? The actual weight room has all the same equipment my old one has.[/quote]

is it the same price or cheaper? a further drive from your house? if it were more expensive and further away i would say there are plenty of things you could do instead for your forearms, otherwise why not?

[quote]toughcasey wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
my gym card ran out at the turn of the year and im thinking about other gyms. There’s one where they have wall climbing as well, and I was thinking, is wall climbing a good enough forearm/grip work method, possibly as a finisher or off day activity, to base my choice of gym on it? The actual weight room has all the same equipment my old one has.

is it the same price or cheaper? a further drive from your house? if it were more expensive and further away i would say there are plenty of things you could do instead for your forearms, otherwise why not?[/quote]

the one with climbing is a bit more expensive, its closer to my apartment though. It’s also a bit more like a commercial type gym, while the old one is “dirtier” (which I actually like more)

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
toughcasey wrote:
L-Dee wrote:

is it the same price or cheaper? a further drive from your house? if it were more expensive and further away i would say there are plenty of things you could do instead for your forearms, otherwise why not?

the one with climbing is a bit more expensive, its closer to my apartment though. It’s also a bit more like a commercial type gym, while the old one is “dirtier” (which I actually like more)[/quote]

stick with the dungeon, do some plate pinches, you should be fine