T Nation

Walking on Water?

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.

shine my shoes

I’m going to a wedding Friday.

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.[/quote]

His mistake was that he tried to do it at the beach. Those waves are not very smooth. Jesus walked on water in a lake. Go figure. Not saying he could have done it or not.

I like weddings … I’m going to a wedding in May … I keep telling my girlfriend I have something to do that day (it’s for one of her friends)

Weddings suck. Sorry Polo, but they’re just a silly dream that women want to experience so they can feel like a star for a day. If you look at a graph of a woman’s high points in life, the wedding day is so high, it’s off the scale. After, it is too low to measure. Aside from the open bar, weddings are just so overrated.
Mrs Dwarf and I eloped, nobody went into debt, and we’re still together after 24 years… PLUS, I can walk on water while holding her hand.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Weddings suck. Sorry Polo, but they’re just a silly dream that women want to experience so they can feel like a star for a day. If you look at a graph of a woman’s high points in life, the wedding day is so high, it’s off the scale. After, it is too low to measure. Aside from the open bar, weddings are just so overrated.
Mrs Dwarf and I eloped, nobody went into debt, and we’re still together after 24 years… PLUS, I can walk on water while holding her hand.[/quote]

Yep…Did the same thing. We were broke and figured lets spend the money on a trip instead of a wedding. Never regretted it for second. $20,000 in debt for one day…insane. I was born on xmas day so walking on water is old hat. The burning bush is tricky though :wink:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.[/quote]

His mistake was that he tried to do it at the beach. Those waves are not very smooth. Jesus walked on water in a lake. Go figure. Not saying he could have done it or not.[/quote]

A lake yes, but due to a storm the waters were rough enough that Peter and the other disciples feared their boat would sink. So the waves were probably not smooth.

Must have doubted. How else could it have not worked?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.[/quote]

His mistake was that he tried to do it at the beach. Those waves are not very smooth. Jesus walked on water in a lake. Go figure. Not saying he could have done it or not.[/quote]

A lake yes, but due to a storm the waters were rough enough that Peter and the other disciples feared their boat would sink. So the waves were probably not smooth.[/quote]

I was trying to be sarcastic. No harm no foul. No worries.

Maybe it was the same weekend as the Chiliean earthquake so he could have encountered a Tsunami?

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.[/quote]

His mistake was that he tried to do it at the beach. Those waves are not very smooth. Jesus walked on water in a lake. Go figure. Not saying he could have done it or not.[/quote]

Lake of Galilee is more like an inland sea than a lake…and Jesus did it during a big-ass storm, cuz he’s cool like that. This poor boy never had a chance.

…but that’s what he gets for trying to make a publicity stunt out of what was originally a) a miracle and b) an act of true faith and love (when Peter jumped out). Can’t say I feel the least bit sorry for him.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Must have doubted. How else could it have not worked?[/quote]

Guy watched too many David Blaine and Mindfreak specials. If a heathen magician can do it…

Even the apostle Peter began to sink as he attempted to walk out to meet Jesus Christ. Christ saved him by grabbing his hand.

And the Darwin award goes to…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Even the apostle Peter began to sink as he attempted to walk out to meet Jesus Christ. Christ saved him by grabbing his hand. [/quote]

Yeah, but that only happened when he began looking away from Christ. similar to a certain minister in the news…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Weddings suck…they’re just a silly dream that women want to experience so they can feel like a star for a day. If you look at a graph of a woman’s high points in life, the wedding day is so high, it’s off the scale.[/quote]

This is really beyond my comprehension.
Really, if you are only feeling like a star for that one day then surely you need to ask yourself why, and who are you marring that you already do to feel that way, everyday.

Furthermore, the whole investment becomes wholly/holy irrational on:

a. Buying a whole ‘off the scale’ outfit you will only wear for a day.

b. Feeding a group of people in an affair that should be the most intimate and private day of your life.

c. Paying ‘off the scale’ for a photographer when I hate having my picture taken.

d. Having this “album” of “memories” which now becomes a material and therefore immaterial attachment and a liability, should a natural disaster or theft take the wedding album away.

Since we are talking Biblical, in Biblical times, when a man wanted a woman he claimed her by taking her home and that was sufficient evidence in societie’s eyes that she became his wife.

Now that we have the .gov.com society I would gladly get married on line if it is just to suffice a legal matter of recognizing my taker before eyes the world.
That should be sufficient as far as meeting the needs of the group is concerned.

I would rather spend any extra money walking on water with my lord, jet skiing on a tropical island.

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.[/quote]

Now that is funny:)

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Evangelist drowns trying to walk on water like Jesus.[/quote]

Now that is funny:)[/quote]

I find it more sad than anything.