T Nation

Walking Dead Season 3

Just what The Walking Dead needs a carl-centric season. I’ve never watched a show where i have hoped for the death of a child this much.

In the comics he’s a badass, but yeah I couldn’t agree more. Send that kid to Syria! (too soon?)

I really hope carl and lori get clipped this season.

Lori is one fine woman. I actually love her.

I have faith that it’s going to be bad-ass regardless of whom the primary story arc is centered. Even if it is a little Carl-centeric, that’s not necessarily a bad thing … the kid’s struggling in a world where even his worst nightmare is a welcome respite from the reality in which he lives.

Besides, maybe the arc will have him becoming the little bad-ass he is in the comic (hopefully with the death of Lori at the end).

Also, I heard that Tyreese is supposed to make an appearance this season; plus we’ll have all the sword wielding bad-ass that is Michonne and all of Andrea’s dead-eye sniping and shooting. Something to keep in mind when being critical about this show: Glenn Mazzarra wrote and produced the Shield. Plus, we’ll have the prison, Merle returning and the motherfuckin’ Governor (for the comic fans). It’ll be a fan-fuckin’-tastic season.

It should be a T dog centric season.

Or at least give him something to say other than something stereotypical…

Last season made me hate Carl, especially the stealing Daryl’s gun. I at the very least want that addressed, even a “hey, rick why does your kid have my gun” will do.

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:
Last season made me hate Carl, especially the stealing Daryl’s gun. I at the very least want that addressed, even a “hey, rick why does your kid have my gun” will do.[/quote]

No shit, has he just not noticed that one of his most valuable possessions in the zombie apocalypse has just some how attached it’s self to the hip of that shit head?

Carl is either a Ninja at escaping undetected or his mother is a total dumbass

Don’t know if this was in the last thread or not, but Danai Gurira - Michonne.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Don’t know if this was in the last thread or not, but Danai Gurira - Michonne.[/quote]

Looking forward to checking out her Katana skills in Season 3.

And yum, does she look so damn good in that pic.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Don’t know if this was in the last thread or not, but Danai Gurira - Michonne.[/quote]
Looking forward to checking out her Katana skills in Season 3. [/quote]
Ahem.

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:

Just what The Walking Dead needs a carl-centric season. I’ve never watched a show where i have hoped for the death of a child this much.[/quote]
Glen Mazzara also said we’d see T-Dog do “some terrific things” in last season’s finale. I don’t trust anything he says now.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Lori is one fine woman. I actually love her.[/quote]

[quote]gonepostal wrote:
In the comics he’s a badass, but yeah I couldn’t agree more. Send that kid to Syria! (too soon?)[/quote]
The kid playing him is a bit of a doof, for a 13 year old, in real life too.

I saw this on his Twitter account earlier this year. You’d think his agent would, ya know, be the one getting him booked on late night TV. (And no, I don’t follow him on Twitter. I was wandering around, found his page, and thought this was hysterical.)

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]gonepostal wrote:
In the comics he’s a badass, but yeah I couldn’t agree more. Send that kid to Syria! (too soon?)[/quote]
The kid playing him is a bit of a doof, for a 13 year old, in real life too.

I saw this on his Twitter account earlier this year. You’d think his agent would, ya know, be the one getting him booked on late night TV. (And no, I don’t follow him on Twitter. I was wandering around, found his page, and thought this was hysterical.)[/quote]
LOL but hey at least the kid’s marketing himself

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:
Last season made me hate Carl, especially the stealing Daryl’s gun. I at the very least want that addressed, even a “hey, rick why does your kid have my gun” will do.[/quote]

Last season had me wishing bad things on a child(Carl) and a pregnant woman(Lori). This occurred despite the urgings and comments about how I was supposed to react by the writers and producers.

The fact I am not alone in this makes we wonder if the show is actually pretty badly done, or if it is a brilliant piece of performance art. The comic is after all about the tortuous ripping of humanity away from the LIVING/survivors. The TV show has me hoping for bad things to happen to the two classes of people I would most likely want to protect.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Looking forward to checking out her Katana skills in Season 3.
[/quote]
I am not claiming to be a subject matter expert in kenjutsu (in fairness Michonne was supposed to be a western fencer/European style swordswoman), but from that pick I suspect her actual skills are going to be as bad as Kate Beckinsale’s gun handling in Underworld. Since I refer to that series as Hot Vampire Chick parts 1, 2, 3(Has Rhona Mitra which is an acceptable trade), and 4 I think I will get by.

And so will you evidently.

Michonne 2012,

Robert A

My son ( he’s 17 yr old actor presently on broadway) just had a callback today to film a couple of episodes…finds out Friday if he got it - would entail him flying to Ga.next week to film a few episodes…wow psyched if he gets it
Y

[quote]dwood13 wrote:
My son ( he’s 17 yr old actor presently on broadway) just had a callback today to film a couple of episodes…finds out Friday if he got it - would entail him flying to Ga.next week to film a few episodes…wow psyched if he gets it
Y
[/quote]
Very cool, man. Can you give us a yes or no on how it went?

Just don’t let him be like the dude playing one of Michonne’s pet walkers. Guy got cast as one of the things on a leash, immediately posted the news on his Tumblr or Twitter, and then hell came his way from the higher-ups.