Walking Away From a Fight

[quote]lawsonsamuels wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
You should have smashed his ass… you only walk away from a fight if its with a girl…[/quote]

you gonna insult me creatively and drag the topic of farting into this thread also? [/quote]

Well he did say he was going to rape him “smashed his ass”, so and I am sure the farting when then insue. :slight_smile:

dude, it’s better to worry about whether you reacted “manly” enough or whatever than worry about whether he’s going to press charges or what would the witnesses say or be in a hospital with a fukd up jaw or ribs or smth along those lines.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
You should have smashed his ass… you only walk away from a fight if its with a girl…[/quote]

you gonna insult me creatively and drag the topic of farting into this thread also? [/quote]

Well he did say he was going to rape him “smashed his ass”, so and I am sure the farting when then insue. :slight_smile: [/quote]

so instead of hitting the guy, maybe choking him out…I should have raped him.

You apply this same logic to fighting a girl?

He didn’t put hands on you or assault you in any way but verbally. So in essence he was all talk. You handled it correctly.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Well he did say he was going to rape him “smashed his ass”, so and I am sure the farting when then insue. :slight_smile: [/quote]

so instead of hitting the guy, maybe choking him out…I should have raped him.

You apply this same logic to fighting a girl?
[/quote]

hide yo kids, hide you wife and hide your husbands… cause they rappin urrybody out there

nonono.

omg!

choke them out. THEN hit them while they are unresponsive.

THEN rape.

jesus

“Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft.”
~Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]CubanMeat32 wrote:

This weekend a guy I know got in my face and threatened to kill me.

The usual �?�¢??I�?�¢??ll kick your ass, come on motherfucker �?�¢?? etc. threats that come with guys running their heads started and then got elevated to �?�¢??I�?�¢??ll knock your ass out and cut your fucking head off while you�?�¢??re out." I kept calm. I kept talking, defused the situation and walked away from it. What he was upset over was a misunderstanding and about thirty minutes later he came to me and half way apologized. I shook his hand and said the matter was over.

I�?�¢??ve been thinking a lot today about the way I reacted. I�?�¢??ve read enough of Musashi and Sun Tzu to realize that the way I handled the situation was the best way. I�?�¢??ve trained in enough martial arts to know what I did was the right thing and I know I probably could have gotten away with minimal damage if he had jumped on me, probably hurt him worse than he hurt me if I�?�¢??d had to.

So why is it replaying through my mind? Why do I doubt what I did? No one that was there has said I was a pussy or wimped out or anything negative. They all said they couldn�?�¢??t believe I didn�?�¢??t tear into him. He now looks like a complete ass in the eyes of a large number of people. Maybe it�?�¢??s a sign that at age 37, I�?�¢??m finally maturing. Maybe it�?�¢??s a sign that the temper I�?�¢??ve been known for is under control.

Maybe it doesn�?�¢??t mean I�?�¢??m less of a man for swallowing pride and not acting like a redneck and actually more of one.

[/quote]

Dude, you did the right thing, when a few years ago a guy got in my face and we started talking smack he hit me and i proceeded to beat the shit out of him and he went to the hopsital, i basically broke his face, a month later a lawyer called me saying he wanted to sue me for like 6 figures, at the time i was in college and i lived with the folks, they could have lost the house because of me. The only reason nothing happened was because i had about 20 witnesses that said he swung first and it was self defense, the lawyer thought he didnt have a case and droppped the charges, fighting is not worth it. My buddy got fucked over once because he beat the shit out of a guy that was the son of a judge, you never know who you are fighting or what the consequences can be whether you win the fight or not.

I walk away every time now, especially if its a stranger, nobody fights fair these days you never know who is packing a knife or who is rolling 20 guys deep with them. The one on one fair fist fight does not exist anymore.[/quote]

Never really did, look at the Hell’s Angels that was back in the 60’s.

My personal rule is GENERALLY (I say generally because I reserve the right to be irrational and change the rules if you’re really showing your ass), if you put your hands on me I’M FUCKING YOU UP. If you threaten me, and I think you’re capable of carrying out the threat, I’M FUCKING YOU UP OR PLOTTING THE MANNER IN WHICH I WILL HAVE YOU FUCKED UP. If you are talking to me in a threatening manner, and you’re within my space where you can hit me, I’M GOING TO HIT YOU FIRST, AND FUCK YOU UP. If you threaten my family in any manner, whether or not you’re capable of carrying out the threat (I’m not going to ask for proof), I’M GOING TO FUCK YOU UP. You pull a knife, I’m grabbing a bat. You grab a bat, I’m pulling a gun.

That said, I don’t “walk away” from anyone. I will stand my ground and give you the options above. If you do not exercise any of the options above, no harm, no foul. You can run your mouth, breakdance, touch yourself, gesticulate, scream, yell, chant, perform and otherwise show your ass - as long as you do it beyond my personal space. When you’re finished, and you haven’t exercised any of the GET FUCKED UP OFFENSES, I will happily walk away and not give you any further thought. I do admit to a strong inhibition toward clobbering someone FIRST, and much prefer someone to engage - for both humanitarian and legal reasons.

DISCLAIMER: My neck and back are presently messed up so I just might have to walk away :slight_smile:

To the OP, why are you still thinking about it you wonder? Because you are human and if you didn’t want to shut him the fuck up, you wouldn’t be a red blooded testosterone filled man. He violated you in public. He disrespected you, but he also made himself look like an ass. But by showing composure as you did, you proved you were every bit a man - a gentleman.

The usual �?�¢??I�?�¢??ll kick your ass, come on motherfucker �?�¢?? etc. threats that come with guys running their heads started and then got elevated to �?�¢??I�?�¢??ll knock your ass out and cut your fucking head off while you�?�¢??re out." I kept calm. I kept talking, defused the situation and walked away from it. What he was upset over was a misunderstanding and about thirty minutes later he came to me and half way apologized. I shook his hand and said the matter was over.

I�?�¢??ve been thinking a lot today about the way I reacted. I�?�¢??ve read enough of Musashi and Sun Tzu to realize that the way I handled the situation was the best way. I�?�¢??ve trained in enough martial arts to know what I did was the right thing and I know I probably could have gotten away with minimal damage if he had jumped on me, probably hurt him worse than he hurt me if I�?�¢??d had to.

So why is it replaying through my mind? Why do I doubt what I did? No one that was there has said I was a pussy or wimped out or anything negative. They all said they couldn�?�¢??t believe I didn�?�¢??t tear into him. He now looks like a complete ass in the eyes of a large number of people. Maybe it�?�¢??s a sign that at age 37, I�?�¢??m finally maturing. Maybe it�?�¢??s a sign that the temper I�?�¢??ve been known for is under control.

Maybe it doesn�?�¢??t mean I�?�¢??m less of a man for swallowing pride and not acting like a redneck and actually more of one.

[/quote]

Dude, you did the right thing, when a few years ago a guy got in my face and we started talking smack he hit me and i proceeded to beat the shit out of him and he went to the hopsital, i basically broke his face, a month later a lawyer called me saying he wanted to sue me for like 6 figures, at the time i was in college and i lived with the folks, they could have lost the house because of me. The only reason nothing happened was because i had about 20 witnesses that said he swung first and it was self defense, the lawyer thought he didnt have a case and droppped the charges, fighting is not worth it. My buddy got fucked over once because he beat the shit out of a guy that was the son of a judge, you never know who you are fighting or what the consequences can be whether you win the fight or not.

I walk away every time now, especially if its a stranger, nobody fights fair these days you never know who is packing a knife or who is rolling 20 guys deep with them. The one on one fair fist fight does not exist anymore.[/quote]

Au contraire my young Cuban. Your parents would not have lost the house. First, although the homeowners policy likely has an assault and battery exclusion and therefore provides no indemnity for such a claim, your parents are not responsible for the allegedly criminal acts of their college aged children except under some very specific, and unlikely, circumstances. Their finagle-a-cute-chick-out-of-a-drink-son getting into a fight at a club is not among them :slight_smile:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
what a pussy.

i would of beat the shit out of both of them. then planted a fat kiss on the nearest hot bitch. then dipped out to bang two blonde models who were waiting on my bed naked[/quote]

…then set of the lunk alarm. [/quote]

he forgot to say he’d tear the nearest stop sign out of the ground before he ragdolled them…them? how’d this become a them?
[/quote]

I think Mac is referring to the wife and son. You know, do the Marlo Stansfield thing of hitting someone’s family for runnin’ his mouf, Yo!

I’ll just leave this here.

Been through it. Don’t care enough to be bothered anymore. Fights just make you end up in court. Court sucks.

The only time I can be moved to act anymore is against a real threat, i.e. a guy put his hands on me, or in a situation where I could conceivably be the victim of a crime.

im still young, im only 21 but i agree that it just isnt worth it. i would lose my license and get kicked out of school, which will in turn be my livlihood. I walked away from one this weekend, and it really ate at me just because the kid came up to me and was like “remember when you knocked me out, 3 years ago?” and i said yes and apologized, and he says “well now all my friends are here we could whoop your ass”. and i would have loved to run my mouth and brawled with them for being fucks, but i just calmly handled the situation and walked away. yeah i was pissed but not worth it.

When im in situations like that now i think about one of my sisters best friends from college. Great kid, had offers to go play rugby overseas, etc etc. well he liked to fight and he was facing jail time. he couldnt handle it and shot himself in the head. Its a sad story, but i dont want to ever feel like im in a situation where i would rather kill myself than deal with repercussions from something that could have been avoided.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
My personal rule is GENERALLY (I say generally because I reserve the right to be irrational and change the rules if you’re really showing your ass), if you put your hands on me I’M FUCKING YOU UP. If you threaten me, and I think you’re capable of carrying out the threat, I’M FUCKING YOU UP OR PLOTTING THE MANNER IN WHICH I WILL HAVE YOU FUCKED UP. If you are talking to me in a threatening manner, and you’re within my space where you can hit me, I’M GOING TO HIT YOU FIRST, AND FUCK YOU UP. If you threaten my family in any manner, whether or not you’re capable of carrying out the threat (I’m not going to ask for proof), I’M GOING TO FUCK YOU UP. You pull a knife, I’m grabbing a bat. You grab a bat, I’m pulling a gun.

That said, I don’t “walk away” from anyone. I will stand my ground and give you the options above. If you do not exercise any of the options above, no harm, no foul. You can run your mouth, breakdance, touch yourself, gesticulate, scream, yell, chant, perform and otherwise show your ass - as long as you do it beyond my personal space. When you’re finished, and you haven’t exercised any of the GET FUCKED UP OFFENSES, I will happily walk away and not give you any further thought. I do admit to a strong inhibition toward clobbering someone FIRST, and much prefer someone to engage - for both humanitarian and legal reasons.

DISCLAIMER: My neck and back are presently messed up so I just might have to walk away :slight_smile:

To the OP, why are you still thinking about it you wonder? Because you are human and if you didn’t want to shut him the fuck up, you wouldn’t be a red blooded testosterone filled man. He violated you in public. He disrespected you, but he also made himself look like an ass. But by showing composure as you did, you proved you were every bit a man - a gentleman.[/quote]

This right here. Minus the neck and back issues, of course.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

The usual �??�??�?�¢??I�??�??�?�¢??ll kick your ass, come on motherfucker �??�??�?�¢?? etc. threats that come with guys running their heads started and then got elevated to �??�??�?�¢??I�??�??�?�¢??ll knock your ass out and cut your fucking head off while you�??�??�?�¢??re out." I kept calm. I kept talking, defused the situation and walked away from it. What he was upset over was a misunderstanding and about thirty minutes later he came to me and half way apologized. I shook his hand and said the matter was over.

I�??�??�?�¢??ve been thinking a lot today about the way I reacted. I�??�??�?�¢??ve read enough of Musashi and Sun Tzu to realize that the way I handled the situation was the best way. I�??�??�?�¢??ve trained in enough martial arts to know what I did was the right thing and I know I probably could have gotten away with minimal damage if he had jumped on me, probably hurt him worse than he hurt me if I�??�??�?�¢??d had to.

So why is it replaying through my mind? Why do I doubt what I did? No one that was there has said I was a pussy or wimped out or anything negative. They all said they couldn�??�??�?�¢??t believe I didn�??�??�?�¢??t tear into him. He now looks like a complete ass in the eyes of a large number of people. Maybe it�??�??�?�¢??s a sign that at age 37, I�??�??�?�¢??m finally maturing. Maybe it�??�??�?�¢??s a sign that the temper I�??�??�?�¢??ve been known for is under control.

Maybe it doesn�??�??�?�¢??t mean I�??�??�?�¢??m less of a man for swallowing pride and not acting like a redneck and actually more of one.

[/quote]

Au contraire my young Cuban. Your parents would not have lost the house. First, although the homeowners policy likely has an assault and battery exclusion and therefore provides no indemnity for such a claim, your parents are not responsible for the allegedly criminal acts of their college aged children except under some very specific, and unlikely, circumstances. Their finagle-a-cute-chick-out-of-a-drink-son getting into a fight at a club is not among them :)[/quote]

I meant they would have lost the house because they wouldnt have wanted me to go to jail or be in my eye balls with a 6 figure debt before i graduated obviously it has nothing to do with them as i was a legal adult but i know my dad would do anything for me even that as much as he would have hated it.[/quote]

If you lived at home at the time, homeowners would probably defend, just not indemnify if assault and battery were proven. Stop screwing hots chicks out of drinks and you won’t get in fights :slight_smile:

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
I’ll just leave this here.[/quote]

4chan much?

IMHO, it’s always better to walk away from a fight, unless one has already started or someone is coming at you, or you need to defend a family member/friend. What do you gain by fighting?

I think if you walk around with the mentality that you have to “be manly” or the toughest SOB, then one day you’ll wind up in a hospital or jail.

You made the right decision.

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
“Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft.”
~Theodore Roosevelt [/quote]

This.

to add to this…I’m 37. The guy in my face was 48 and an ex convict. His 12 yr old son was also present for this little blowup as well as his wife.

[/quote]

He had a lot to lose from a fight.

Good show for defusing things. That takes a man.