Walk Outside and Find This on My Door

[quote]dirtman wrote:
…gonna play devils advocate a bit

The writer does raise a good point. If her kid is disrupting the neighborhood should the neighborhood not have the right to peace and quiet?

If this was an healthy kid we would expect the parent to shape up and make sure your kid is not bothering people. Should there be an allowance for special needs children to create disturbances to other people in the area. Going to add a bit of other lines of thinking to this, how do you sell a home when this child is making noises like that? You have to wonder if you would loose money on your house due to regular disturbances when trying to show it.

I am not supporting the other points in the letter but you have to wonder if her home is the right place for a child with special needs. Maybe the parent is not doing a good enough job.

Just something that crossed my mind.
[/quote]

It’s the passive aggressive manner in which the author address the, “Problem.” I can understand wanting peace and quiet and I can imagine how a special needs kid could cause issues in a neighborhood. What’s not acceptable is hiding behind a piece of pink paper calling for the murder of your child.

This, if real, would not surprise me as this is how a typical 21st century, “Adult,” would handle the situation. They don’t have the fortitude to look the parents in the eyes, but instead they hid behind an anonymous letter full of hysterics and absurdities.

If it were my kid, I would do everything in my power to find out who the author was and very calmly explain to them that if they trespass on my property again I will take that as a threat to my child and respond accordingly.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Yeah you be trolling

http://news.uzuzu.org/blog/local-news/usa/2013/08/19/2013-08-19-22h-usa-topic-autistic-boy-hate-letter/

[/quote]
Busted

I posted lastnight but I guess it was taken down or something.

Rumor has it this was a concocted letter. The family with the autistic child has had issues with various neighbors in the neighborhood regarding the child and the issues he’s causing. (I guess those issues would be the ones in the letter) Rumor is that the family is the one that created the letter to gain sympathy and support for their situation, and to get the neighbors off their backs.

Dunno if it’s true, but to be honest I’ve met a lot of fucking stupid people in this world and even out of all of them I couldn’t imagine someone writing something like this in this format. I suspect if a neighbor was to write this it would be a lot shorter and straight to the point…but I dunno thats just my thought.

My question is, how does something like this get started.

Who hands this off to the media?

Lots of ! and very little !!1. I am disappointed.

(What the hell are “whaling” noises? Is the kid doing impressions of Captain Ahab? Oh wait, she means “wailing” noises.)

If there had been an autistic kid in my neighborhood making wailing noises I was afraid of when I was a small child: my father would have told me he was the Bogeyman, and if I didn’t behave myself he was going to eat me for supper.

Never let a small child’s fear go to waste.