T Nation

Waking Up Randomly

so every night for like the past week ive been waking up around 5 am and going back to sleep a few minutes later.

i dont think its someone starting up an obnoxious car or anything because when i wake up its dead silent outside.

so just wondering what the cause might be since its been going on like clockwork.

I do that on and off too.
(I usually take a minute and go drink a quart of milk.)
It seems after a lower body workout I get really hot under the standard amount of covers and I wake up because I’m uncomfortable.
whatever it is, it’s kind of annoying.

Could be the heater or something. I know at my folks’ place the thermostat is on a timer and it usually turns on at around 5.

The problem is usually evil spirits. If you were to open your eyes at the exact moment you awoke, you’d actually see the horrible face of the spirit staring back at you from an inch away.

I had this when I was going through some intense training sessions, and I’d also wake up about an hour before my alarm and be fully awake.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
Could be the heater or something. I know at my folks’ place the thermostat is on a timer and it usually turns on at around 5.[/quote]

That doesn’t apply in this situation.

I have this problem as well. Except I’ll sleep from 9-12 with no problems and then wake up about every hour after that until 5 when my alarm goes off. It’s very rare that I get a good nights sleep. I’ve pretty much had this problem for the last 10 years.

[quote]p-dubs wrote:
I have this problem as well. Except I’ll sleep from 9-12 with no problems and then wake up about every hour after that until 5 when my alarm goes off. It’s very rare that I get a good nights sleep. I’ve pretty much had this problem for the last 10 years.[/quote]

I’ve had this problem too, its rare that I find myself having a full nights rest, a straight 8-9 hours. This thread is great, anyone have remedies?

[quote]malonetd wrote:
timbofirstblood wrote:
Could be the heater or something. I know at my folks’ place the thermostat is on a timer and it usually turns on at around 5.

That doesn’t apply in this situation.[/quote]

i have a heater in my room smartguy

I never sleep the whole way through, but I always wake up to pee 6 hours in.

I’m assuming you take ZMA which cured this for me for a few months before I became a routine 6 hour pisser.

You’re a nocturnal animal… soon you will start to prefer raw meat too. It’s natural.

[quote]JGerman wrote:
You’re a nocturnal animal… soon you will start to prefer raw meat too. It’s natural. [/quote]

who says i already dont?

[quote]p-dubs wrote:
I have this problem as well. Except I’ll sleep from 9-12 with no problems and then wake up about every hour after that until 5 when my alarm goes off. It’s very rare that I get a good nights sleep. I’ve pretty much had this problem for the last 10 years.[/quote]

I feel for you man, I love sleeping. First I though like Haha, sometimes I sleep from 9-12, but I thought you were talking about am and pm. Hehe. Good luck getting rid of it, I can’t imagine losing sleep every day.

Damn double post, I’ll find some picture to fill in for the lack of content.

Can’t seem to fit a picture in here, you’ll just have to deal with another completly pointless post.