Waking Up Drenched in Sweat Every Night? What Gives?

OK, so I have a cough and fever Sunday, and Monday. Monday I go to bed, and I wake up around 3 in the morning on Tuesday. I’m FAMISHED. I know what this means, fever’s breaking soon and I’m going to be drenched in sweat. So I eat, go back to sleep, and sure enough, when I wake up Tuesday morning the fever is gone and my bed is so wet I can push down on the bare mattress and sweat comes out. I wash my sheets, blankets, pillows, etc.

I’m feeling somewhat better. Tuesday evening I go to sleep. I wake up Wednesday morning drenched in cold sweat again, soaking through my shirt, sheets, pillows. This pisses me off. Wednesday night, I go to sleep at 10:30. I wake up at around midnight, drenched in sweat. So whatever it is, it’s happening right after I go to sleep. I figure great, I’m soaked now, and I’ll probably wake up in the morning soaked too. But I don’t. Thursday night same thing, I wake up Friday morning covered in cold sweat. Last night, it was awful. I woke up 3 separate times and was soaked all 3.

There is really nothing else wrong with me, the cough is 95% gone, I have my energy and appetite back. I’m not having bad dreams, I’m not sweating when I’m awake, and it?s not because I’m hot. I’m actually on the cooler side when I sleep. This is really pissing me off since it’s making me cold and uncomfortable when I sleep.

Take the covers off?

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

There is really nothing else wrong with me.
[/quote]

You really crack me up.

Going through the change ?

post op right?

Caught the geigh?

46 and 2

You pissed yo self!

[quote]the808 wrote:
46 and 2[/quote]

I caught that one.

[quote]Otep wrote:
the808 wrote:
46 and 2

I caught that one.[/quote]

Nice. Me too.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Take the covers off?[/quote]

Happens even if I’m laying on a bare sheet.

night terrors.

You don’t remember most of them.

“wet” dreams

Turn the AC down?

Lymphoma causes drenching night sweats.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Otep wrote:
the808 wrote:
46 and 2

I caught that one.

Nice. Me too.[/quote]

I didn’t, can someone elaborate?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Otep wrote:
the808 wrote:
46 and 2

I caught that one.

Nice. Me too.[/quote]

Fuck I dont get it… somebody fill me in

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
OK, so I have a cough and fever Sunday, and Monday. Monday I go to bed, and I wake up around 3 in the morning on Tuesday. I’m FAMISHED. I know what this means, fever’s breaking soon and I’m going to be drenched in sweat. So I eat, go back to sleep, and sure enough, when I wake up Tuesday morning the fever is gone and my bed is so wet I can push down on the bare mattress and sweat comes out. I wash my sheets, blankets, pillows, etc.

I’m feeling somewhat better. Tuesday evening I go to sleep. I wake up Wednesday morning drenched in cold sweat again, soaking through my shirt, sheets, pillows. This pisses me off. Wednesday night, I go to sleep at 10:30. I wake up at around midnight, drenched in sweat. So whatever it is, it’s happening right after I go to sleep. I figure great, I’m soaked now, and I’ll probably wake up in the morning soaked too. But I don’t. Thursday night same thing, I wake up Friday morning covered in cold sweat. Last night, it was awful. I woke up 3 separate times and was soaked all 3.

There is really nothing else wrong with me, the cough is 95% gone, I have my energy and appetite back. I’m not having bad dreams, I’m not sweating when I’m awake, and it?s not because I’m hot. I’m actually on the cooler side when I sleep. This is really pissing me off since it’s making me cold and uncomfortable when I sleep.
[/quote]

Nocturnal hypoglycemia possible. Or maybe a thyroid problem.

What Squiggles said.

Look up “night sweats”. If the problem persists, it is definitely worth seeing a doctor about.