Waiting Time at Restaurants

Hi little buddies,

Ive had the week from hell… everything is going wrong… at work, in the gym, at soccer etc etc.

Anyway, I decided to give myself a brake from cooking and go out for breakfast at a local cafe this morning. This place is known for its great food but the wait times can be a little longer than average, so I turned up at 7:55am, thinking I will have heaps of time before I have to leave to go to work, which is only 5 minutes down the road . I start work at 9:00am.

I entered the cafe, I got a seat and I ordered my coffee. The coffee took 15 minutes to get to me, and it was pretty ordinary. During that 15 minutes I watched 3 people walk in and out with their takeaway coffees. Fair enough.

When the coffee arrived I ordered a “spanish omelette”. Yeah buddy! The place was fairly busy and I was prepared to wait and read the paper. 30 minutes passed and still no omelette. No one didn’t even bother asking me if I wanted another coffee. Another 10 minutes… still no omelette. And then 10 minutes later the waitress comes to tell me the “gas stove broke” and my omelette was a minute away. Another 5 minutes passed and still no fucking omelette.

So, I though fuck it, and I left without paying for my coffee and having not been served my omelette. I think waiting 55 minutes for an omelette is a little bit over the top. Do you agree? Should I drive by tonight and throw a molotov cocktail at their window??

Cliff notes:

• Cafe could not provide me with my omelette within 55 minutes
  • Should I throw a molotov cocktail into the window?

tweet

That is sick! Isn’t it cannibalism for birds to eat eggs?

And no to the Molotov cocktail, just shit on their window like you do everyone else.

I’d make a twink like you wait an hour for an omelette too.

50 minutes is too long.

I remember one time, about 30 years ago, our family called KFC for a delivery. We waited over an hour before calling to ask where it was…but there was no answer.
My mom ended up making Kraft dinner or something I guess…but at about 11:00 P.M there’s a knock at the door…it’s the KFC guy and they finally got around to bringing the food. My dad told them that they must be out of their tree if they think we were even going to think about taking it.

By the way we ordered at 5:00 P.M or thereabouts.

You should of paid for your coffee, regardless of how slow or shitty the service was.

Yes waiting 55 minutes for an order at a diner is too much, but yes you were wrong to not pay for the coffee and no, no fire bombs.

[quote]Nards wrote:
50 minutes is too long.

I remember one time, about 30 years ago, our family called KFC for a delivery. We waited over an hour before calling to ask where it was…but there was no answer.
My mom ended up making Kraft dinner or something I guess…but at about 11:00 P.M there’s a knock at the door…it’s the KFC guy and they finally got around to bringing the food. My dad told them that they must be out of their tree if they think we were even going to think about taking it.

[/quote]

1. Delivery? WTF, must be nice
  2. Lul, he showed at 11pm? Balls of steel, balls of steel.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
50 minutes is too long.

[/quote]

1. Delivery? WTF, must be nice
  2. Lul, he showed at 11pm? Balls of steel, balls of steel.[/quote]

KFC doesn’t deliver where you are?

But yeah…11PM… I remember because I found out the next morning as I was about 12 then and was in bed when the guy came.
And it’s not like our order got lost in the computer…they wouldn’t have been using computers in the mid 80s.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,…

tweet[/quote]

Pffff. As if you’re the biggest dude around here.

Dude lay your own fucking eggs and scramble them yourself.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,…

tweet[/quote]

Pffff. As if you’re the biggest dude around here.
[/quote]

If Prof X ever picks that up… what are we gonna do?

Seems relevant to the direction this thread is taking:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
You should of paid for your coffee, regardless of how slow or shitty the service was.
Yes waiting 55 minutes for an order at a diner is too much, but yes you were wrong to not pay for the coffee and no, no fire bombs.[/quote]

Are you cereal?

There was no way in a million years I was paying for that coffee. They took 45 minutes to attend to my table and tell me that my breakfast was “on its way”. At that point, I was considering; a. Complaining and try and get my meal for free, or b. walk.

Obviously I chose option b. Im not into confrontations as I readily and regrettably lose my cool and go into “angy-hulk-bird” mode.

I still want to fire bomb the place, although its next to a library and i dont want all of the little children to be without their books.

tweet

Have you tried calling the restaurant and speaking with the manager? If anything, it would make you feel better to explain to them what happened. Also, if they have a good person leading their team, they would follow up with those employees to see what the issue was and how to fix it. Without patrons, there is no business.

Almost an hour for a breakfast meal isn’t acceptable and I think I’d have left without paying for the coffee too even though I would never do something like that normally.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Have you tried calling the restaurant and speaking with the manager? If anything, it would make you feel better to explain to them what happened. Also, if they have a good person leading their team, they would follow up with those employees to see what the issue was and how to fix it. Without patrons, there is no business.
Almost an hour for a breakfast meal isn’t acceptable and I think I’d have left without paying for the coffee too even though I would never do something like that normally.
[/quote]

I normally don’t do that either.

The food at this place is the best in town, but the owners, who are actually the chefs, need to realise that even with the best food in the world, it does not make up for crappy service and ridiculous waiting times. The kitchen overlooks the eating area, so surly they can see what is going on.

tweet

At what point did you think to yourself while waiting for this omelette, “Gee, it’s been 20 minutes since I ordered and it only takes about 7 minutes to make one of those damn things, but I have absolute faith that the place that took 15 minutes to bring me my coffee will undoubtedly have this omelette ready within another minute or two.”

And the gas stove breaking is a bunch of bullshit. They just forgot about you and you exacerbated it by being a submissive douche who just sits there wondering what’s wrong.

[quote]theBird wrote:

[/quote]

I normally don’t do that either.

The food at this place is the best in town, but the owners, who are actually the chefs, need to realise that even with the best food in the world, it does not make up for crappy service and ridiculous waiting times. The kitchen overlooks the eating area, so surly they can see what is going on.

tweet[/quote]

That’s a pretty poor way to run a business. It’s a wonder they have any. I like good service and if I wasn’t getting it, no matter how good the food was, I wouldn’t go to said place. Hopefully you were able to grab a bite to eat somewhere else before work.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
At what point did you think to yourself while waiting for this omelette, “Gee, it’s been 20 minutes since I ordered and it only takes about 7 minutes to make one of those damn things, but I have absolute faith that the place that took 15 minutes to bring me my coffee will undoubtedly have this omelette ready within another minute or two.”
[/quote]

They are known to take awhile to cook their meals, and I was prepared to wait. I even got out of bed extra early to get there just before 8am so that I would have “plenty” of time to order and eat. At about the 30th minute mark, my blood started to boil…

tweet

That’s a pretty poor way to run a business. It’s a wonder they have any. I like good service and if I wasn’t getting it, no matter how good the food was, I wouldn’t go to said place. Hopefully you were able to grab a bite to eat somewhere else before work.[/quote]

Im in a country town… so there isn’t that much choice here at the moment. People here are so stupid. In a country town people are very “clicky”, and tend to follow each other like lemmings. At the moment this cafe is the place to be seen. I used to eat at this cafe all of the time when it first started and they only had a few tables available and no one else used to go there. Obviously they don’t remember me. I won’t be going back again. The place needs to burn.

I stopped by a more predictable cafe before work and got myself a proper coffee and some poached eggs and spinach.

tweet

They heard you were hatching a plan to take over the local soccer club and decided to teach you a lesson.

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
[/quote]

They are known to take awhile to cook their meals, and I was prepared to wait. I even got out of bed extra early to get there just before 8am so that I would have “plenty” of time to order and eat. At about the 30th minute mark, my blood started to boil…

tweet
[/quote]
So wait, you were prepared to wait a while, but your blood starts to boil over while waiting and then you didn’t even get the omelette that you were prepared to wait for and even got up early to wait for? You’re a strange bird…