T Nation

Waiting Period in Between Stasis Taper

It’s a general rule that you should be as long off gear as you are on gear, but, then again, most cycles don’t have a taper because so many people are skeptical of the idea. In a 12 week cycle, someone will be on gear simply for 12 weeks, assuming they take the HCG/AE method. But with a taper, that same 12 week cycle is turned into a 24 week cycle… well, not really, but you’re still on gear for a total of 24 weeks. That’s almost 6 months.

Now am I going to wait another 24 weeks before I do another cycle, or would I not have to wait that long since I have been using extremely low doses of gear for the past 12?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Prisoner believes that once the taper is done, you can pretty much go straight back on cycle, since you have achieved normal HPTA function during the taper.

I would probably suggest waiting a week or 3, just to be sure.[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking. Your body is repairing itself all the way through the stasis and the taper, so by the time the taper is over, you’re fully healed, granted maybe a little bit slower because you’re still on gear, but still fast enough to continue after the stasis taper is completed.

Further question: Could the cycle right after it be a cutting cycle or would I risk losing the new gains? I wouldn’t imagine if I was on something like a test, tren, mast cycle.

Oh, and would a stasis taper be as necessary for a PCT since there would really be no gained mass to worry about retaining? I could just go with a regular PCT method?

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
AlteredState wrote:
Prisoner believes that once the taper is done, you can pretty much go straight back on cycle, since you have achieved normal HPTA function during the taper.

I would probably suggest waiting a week or 3, just to be sure.

That’s what I was thinking. Your body is repairing itself all the way through the stasis and the taper, so by the time the taper is over, you’re fully healed, granted maybe a little bit slower because you’re still on gear, but still fast enough to continue after the stasis taper is completed.

Further question: Could the cycle right after it be a cutting cycle or would I risk losing the new gains? I wouldn’t imagine if I was on something like a test, tren, mast cycle.

Oh, and would a stasis taper be as necessary for a PCT since there would really be no gained mass to worry about retaining? I could just go with a regular PCT method?[/quote]

They way I understand it, you can run a bulking cycle and a cutting cyle next to each other with no problem. The only problem is trying to cut non-enhanced after a buking cycle.

I would say a stasis taper would be completely necessary after the cutting cycle you described. One of the functions is to temper the effects of cortisol, which on a “normal” PCT would certainly negate some of your cutting efforts.

If you are using tren the stasis taper is a very good idea. It might also be worth extending it a couple of weeks as tren is so supressive and binds so tightly to the AR;

ie 12 week cycle
8 week stasis
8 week taper

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
AlteredState wrote:

I would probably suggest waiting a week or 3, just to be sure.

Oh, and would a stasis taper be as necessary for a PCT since there would really be no gained mass to worry about retaining? I could just go with a regular PCT method?

They way I understand it, you can run a bulking cycle and a cutting cyle next to each other with no problem. The only problem is trying to cut non-enhanced after a buking cycle.

I would say a stasis taper would be completely necessary after the cutting cycle you described. One of the functions is to temper the effects of cortisol, which on a “normal” PCT would certainly negate some of your cutting efforts.

If you are using tren the stasis taper is a very good idea. It might also be worth extending it a couple of weeks as tren is so supressive and binds so tightly to the AR;

ie 12 week cycle
8 week stasis
8 week taper
[/quote]

Interesting. I’m actually going to go on a bulk cycle in a little over a month from now that includes tren. Do you really think I would risk losing gains if I didn’t do an 8 and 8 for the stasis taper?

Not necessarily, you could most likely get away with a normal length.

I’ve never used tren, but having used nandrolone (both 19-nors) I know how much it fucked with my recovery, and having a nice long PCT would have been just the ticket I think.

My physique didn’t deteriorate hugely, but I was an emotional wreck for months and had no libido, lol.

I just think 8/8 will be more effective if using tren. Why put so much effort into your cycle proper then try to save time on the PCT?

[quote]Dave_ wrote:

I’ve never used tren, but having used nandrolone (both 19-nors) I know how much it fucked with my recovery, and having a nice long PCT would have been just the ticket I think.

My physique didn’t deteriorate hugely, but I was an emotional wreck for months and had no libido, lol.

I just think 8/8 will be more effective if using tren. Why put so much effort into your cycle proper then try to save time on the PCT?
[/quote]

Well that’s why I was thinking of doing the upper end of what Pris recommended, being 6 and 6. Though I will be on a decent amount of Tren potentially, up to 525mg/week.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
Dave_ wrote:

Well that’s why I was thinking of doing the upper end of what Pris recommended, being 6 and 6. Though I will be on a decent amount of Tren potentially, up to 525mg/week.

500+mg of tren per week? Say byebye to restful sleep and also appetite.[/quote]

That’s why I will be starting at 350mg per week and tapering up until I find a dose that is optimal in its results/side effects ratio. I will stop at 525mg if I reach that without too bad of side effects. 350mg is a much milder dose.

Dave_ - what did you do in the past for PCT when you were on deca? Traditional, as in a nolva protocol? And how long was your cycle, and at what ratio?

Thanks…

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Dave_ - what did you do in the past for PCT when you were on deca? Traditional, as in a nolva protocol? And how long was your cycle, and at what ratio?

Thanks…[/quote]

Hi 5.0,

I have used npp with and without test for 3 week cycles.

My recovery on the npp + test cycle was fine, but after my second cycle (without test) my recovery took months, even after just 3 weeks on.

The cycles were seperated by a couple of months, so I don’t think it was a cumulative effect.

I used a nolva 20mg ED for 2 weeks approach (as it was only a 3 week cycle), but ran another PCT again 40/40/20/20 when I realised my libido/mood was non-existant.

For the cycle in question I was using;

npp 500mg PW (150mg EOD)
anadrol 100mg ED
winstrol 50mg ED

The cycle itself was fantastic, but the aftermath made me certain that I’d never again use any 19-nors for a shorty.

I’d much rather run a decent length cycle and then do a stasis/taper, and save “softer” AAS like test/dbol for any shorties I might do.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Hi 5.0,

My recovery on the npp + test cycle was fine, but after my second cycle (without test) my recovery took months, even after just 3 weeks on.

The cycles were seperated by a couple of months, so I don’t think it was a cumulative effect.

I used a nolva 20mg ED for 2 weeks approach (as it was only a 3 week cycle), but ran another PCT again 40/40/20/20 when I realised my libido/mood was non-existant.

npp 500mg PW (150mg EOD)
anadrol 100mg ED
winstrol 50mg ED

The cycle itself was fantastic, but the aftermath made me certain that I’d never again use any 19-nors for a shorty.

I’d much rather run a decent length cycle and then do a stasis/taper, and save “softer” AAS like test/dbol for any shorties I might do.[/quote]

Wow, that’s good to know. Thanks for posting that up.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Dave_ wrote:
Hi 5.0,

npp 500mg PW (150mg EOD)
anadrol 100mg ED
winstrol 50mg ED

I’d much rather run a decent length cycle and then do a stasis/taper, and save “softer” AAS like test/dbol for any shorties I might do.

Wow, that’s good to know. Thanks for posting that up.[/quote]

I’ll second what 5.0 just said.
That is some good first hand account information Dave.
Thanks, I’d say you’re a most welcome addition to the discussions here right about now.

ToneBone

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
5.0 wrote:
Dave_ wrote:
Hi 5.0,

npp 500mg PW (150mg EOD)
anadrol 100mg ED
winstrol 50mg ED

Wow, that’s good to know. Thanks for posting that up.

I’ll second what 5.0 just said.
That is some good first hand account information Dave.
Thanks, I’d say you’re a most welcome addition to the discussions here right about now.

ToneBone[/quote]

Hey TB!

Thanks mate, it’s good to be able to post regularly again, I’ve had a SHITLOAD of exams recently. More to come, but I’m enjoying the freedom while it lasts!

See you around buddy :wink: