T Nation

Wait.? You Thought it Sucked?

What movies have come out this year do you think were underrated? Here is a list of all of the movies that have came out:
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/index2008.php

And here is where you can find out how they were rated

http://www.metacritic.com

You go on the site, go to film, and go into the Archives

I think Charlie BArtlett was pretty dam good.

Now that I look at the list, more movies were overrated this year than underrated. For instance, Disney’s WALL E sucked big hairy balls in my opinion. I didn’t find Tropic Thunder Funny. :frowning:

That’s a lot of fucking money.

Wall-E was brilliant. Just about everyone agrees. shrugs

i liked bolt

When I look at the budget for some of the movies on the list it reminds me of an old Norm MacDonald joke. It went something like this:

You know how a movie comes out and they’ll say it costs like $100 million to make, but then the movie totally bombs? Do you ever wonder to yourself, “Why didn’t they just keep the $100 million and not bother with making the movie in the first place?”

[quote]Stength4life wrote:

Now that I look at the list, more movies were overrated this year than underrated. For instance, Disney’s WALL E sucked big hairy balls in my opinion. I didn’t find Tropic Thunder Funny. :([/quote]

Maybe you just have bad taste.

Wall E wasn’t that bad at all. I fault them for trying to drag tears out of viewers with gratuitously emotional scenes back to back a la Disney, but sucking big hairy balls is something I didn’t see my dvd partake in the activity of.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Stength4life wrote:

Now that I look at the list, more movies were overrated this year than underrated. For instance, Disney’s WALL E sucked big hairy balls in my opinion. I didn’t find Tropic Thunder Funny. :frowning:

Maybe you just have bad taste.

Wall E wasn’t that bad at all. I fault them for trying to drag tears out of viewers with gratuitously emotional scenes back to back a la Disney, but sucking big hairy balls is something I didn’t see my dvd partake in the activity of.

[/quote]

It wouldn’t be Disney if they didn’t.

Mufasa’s death gets me everytime.

More amazing that Wall-E was it’s soundtrack. Pure musical genius. Especially the addition of Louis Armstrong’s rendition of “La Vie en Rose”.

Wall-E was amazing especially for a movie that had maybe 5 minutes of dialogue.

Tropic Thunder was way overrated

[quote]Pluto wrote:
Tropic Thunder was way overrated[/quote]

It was mildly amusing in places, but that’s the best I can say for it.

[quote]BigMike wrote:
i liked bolt[/quote]

Seconded. Usually I’m into bloody gory violent movies where the good guy rips the bad guys apart and such (Punisher, Death Sentence, etc)…but Bolt was funny.

Kung Fu Panda made me cry.

Because I laughed so hard.