Waist Size and Height/Weight

I’m just curious the waist size of T-Nation readers and how it relates to height weight.

I’m 34 inches, 5’9/5’10 and 205-210 lbs depending on how much I’ve eaten that day.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
I’m just curious the waist size of T-Nation readers and how it relates to height weight.

I’m 34 inches, 5’9/5’10 and 205-210 lbs depending on how much I’ve eaten that day.[/quote]

Where do you measure your waist? Around your navel? Do you inhale or flex your abs at all while measuring them?

I’d be curious to know, too, but there is so many variances in measuring the waist (it is the most variable measurement) that the data is inherently flawed.

When I used to measure such things, I took 3 measurements (first thing in the morning after expelling anything that requested expulsion) - 1 )sucked in as much as possible; 2) good posture and tight but not sucking it in; and 3) exhaling and letting it all hang out.

There was 2" difference between each measurement. If I remember correctly, I was either 34-36-38 or 32-34-36 at 6’ and 210-220 lbs. Or something close to that. (I am remembering this from years ago, so I could be totally making this shit up!)

I really should get back into the habit of taking measurements.