Wacking Off

Alright,

I overheard some bodybuilders at the gym talking about how wacking off lowers your T levels, etc, etc… so I thought I better come here to get the straight scoop.

IS THIS TRUE?? Heh - and if so, does this mean the us body builders should avoid orgasming at all??

How does this effect our t-levels and how can we use it to our advantage?

I might never get laid again if that will help me make massive gains… :c)

• Vonny

Um, don’t worry Vonny, warming up your piston won’t make you any less of a man hormonally. Um, I’m pretty sure sex and masturbation increases T levels…

Lowering T Levels? No.

But I went blind.

If you pass up sex to raise testosterone levels, then there was obviously a dearth to begin with. On the other hand (ha ha), I wouldn’t advise masturbating too much. After too much sex (with or without a partner, but especially solo) I just don’t have any motivation for the rest of the day. There are also psychological differences in sex with a partner and masturbation. I don’t see masturbation raising one’s self-esteem or mood, whereas witnessing someone taking your seed should. I believe there is a difference in the two activities, and masturbation should only be performed in moderation.

The hairy palms will also hurt your deadlift. It’s really difficult to hold onto the bar without it slipping.

Jiang M. Periodic changes in serum testosterone levels after ejaculation in men. Sheng Li Xue Bao 2002 Dec 25;54(6):535-8

The purpose of this study was to determine the changes in sex hormone level in men after ejaculation. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 male volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence period after ejaculation. We found that fluctuations of testosterone levels from day 2 to day 5 of abstinence were minimal. On day 7 of abstinence, a peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline (P<0.01). After the peak, no regular fluctuation was observed. Ejaculation was the premise and beginning of the 7 days' periodic phenomenon. If there was no ejaculation, there was no periodical changes in serum testosterone level. These results indicate that the periodic change in serum testosterone level is caused by ejaculation.

It's not so much that it decreases, but abstinence seems to increase it substantially....

So it’s seems the best would be to wack off every 7/8 days…

There’s always the “don’t ejaculate” option. (i.e Tantra/Taoist sex).

How’d you cum, I mean come, across that article.

its about DHT. dehydrotestosterone(sp?), ur test becomes DHT when ur horny or its the DHT that makes you horny, not sure wich. anyways, i have noticed that i really dont feel like lifting after i come?. but not having sex cant be good for you either. balance and stuff.

I saw it in another forum and thought it was pertinent to this discussion.

I am down to every other day now, but 7 days is such long time…

I?m a beginner body builder and have made recent changes in my diet, sleep, etc.
I was masturbating this morning as I usually do and thought, shoot. Do I need to make a lifestyle change in this as well? How will masturbation and or ejaculation affect my workout results? So I did a Yahoo search on Testosterone+Masturbation+Ejaculation, and found this discussion. I laughed so hard I had to stop masturbating.

I concluded that this is one Lifestyle change I won?t have to worry about.

Thanks

I use the hair on my palms as D.L. straps, works great!

I feel like I’ve lost some bodyweight after ejac, and my pullup numbers increase by 1 or even 2 reps!

[quote]Heowww wrote:
I feel like I’ve lost some bodyweight after ejac, and my pullup numbers increase by 1 or even 2 reps![/quote]

Maybe you need some sort of flow-rate limiter to reduce the volume of your output. Maybe ratchet on one of them low-flow shower heads and see if that helps.

[quote]Restless wrote:
So it’s seems the best would be to wack off every 7/8 days…[/quote]

Actually, it’s better to wack off every 7-8 hours.

How many times has this been brought up on T-Nation in the last year? Only about a hundred times.

It’s the internet dean, you think wacking off isn’t going to come up often?

actually, i’m curious as to whether or not too much whacking off can cause over stimulation (I mean I can close grippers pretty well so I just figure)… cause you can probably grip tighter than a vagina can…would you eventually be unable to ejaculate without the use of your hand?

And if so…saaaad day for you.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
actually, i’m curious as to whether or not too much whacking off can cause over stimulation (I mean I can close grippers pretty well so I just figure)… cause you can probably grip tighter than a vagina can…would you eventually be unable to ejaculate without the use of your hand?

And if so…saaaad day for you.[/quote]

Noone would want to take it that far, but, perhaps that might be a way for improving performance, for some of the quicker shots out there.

By the way, I’m pretty sure I’ve read about cases of men losing sensitivity and/or the psycological ability required to release easily in a woman.