W/O Partner, South Carolina!

Hello people I don’t really know if this is the place to post this but I need a workout partner. A serious, balls to the wall, no bullsh*t workout partner. If anyone is in the Rock Hill, SC area let me know and I would love to hit the gym. I workout 4 to 5 days a week and I’m pretty intense. I have been a competitive powerlifter and aspiring bodybuilder for a couple of years.

How far are you from Columbia? This is probably the best gym in S.C. : South Carolina Barbell 9600 Two Notch Rd. #14
Columbia, SC 29223

It’s Marc Bartley’s place. Here’s Marc’s bio:Marc Bartley, Owner South Carolina Barbell & Heavy Athletics

Marc started his career as a powerlifter at an IPA meet in April of 2000, he has since gone on to compete in the WPO, taking second place at the 2005 Arnold Classic WPO Super Finals. His biggest lifts to date are a 1058 lb. squat, 700 lb. bench and a 723 lb. deadlift in the 275 lb. class. He owns South Carolina Barbell and also works as a personal trainer with clients ranging from athletes to everyday people looking to be stronger and more fit.

Where do you train in RH?

[quote]Navin Johnson wrote:
Where do you train in RH? [/quote]

I train at a place called OMNI Fitness on Celanese Rd. What about you? But I’d relocate just to have a workout partner worth a damn.

[quote]Benny Podda wrote:
How far are you from Columbia? This is probably the best gym in S.C. : South Carolina Barbell 9600 Two Notch Rd. #14
Columbia, SC 29223

It’s Marc Bartley’s place. Here’s Marc’s bio:Marc Bartley, Owner South Carolina Barbell & Heavy Athletics

Marc started his career as a powerlifter at an IPA meet in April of 2000, he has since gone on to compete in the WPO, taking second place at the 2005 Arnold Classic WPO Super Finals. His biggest lifts to date are a 1058 lb. squat, 700 lb. bench and a 723 lb. deadlift in the 275 lb. class. He owns South Carolina Barbell and also works as a personal trainer with clients ranging from athletes to everyday people looking to be stronger and more fit.

[/quote]

Yeah I actually spoke to Donnie Thompson last year and he invite me to come work out with them but It’s to far for my drive. If I wasn’t a family man I would drive wherever and whenever but I have to be somewhere close for my family. I appreciate it though.

I train at home. I am watching the kids so last night I was working out at 10 pm which is less than ideal. I have tto bust my ass to get 3x a week workouts in. I used to go to the YMCA but it is just too polished. I did check out Omni and the trainer at the front said they did not even have a glut ham raise or a reverse hyper. At least he never heard of them. I may have joined if they did.

Columbia is a great place to train, they have afew good gyms. I just couldn’t stand the soccer Mom’s at the Y in Baxter. That was gym purgatory. As for myself I am way too of and on with kids. I thought I saw a gym on Cherry that looked hardcore but Omni probably is your best bet. You should post something if they allow it. Good luck.

[quote]Navin Johnson wrote:
I train at home. I am watching the kids so last night I was working out at 10 pm which is less than ideal. I have tto bust my ass to get 3x a week workouts in. I used to go to the YMCA but it is just too polished. I did check out Omni and the trainer at the front said they did not even have a glut ham raise or a reverse hyper. At least he never heard of them. I may have joined if they did.

Columbia is a great place to train, they have afew good gyms. I just couldn’t stand the soccer Mom’s at the Y in Baxter. That was gym purgatory. As for myself I am way too of and on with kids. I thought I saw a gym on Cherry that looked hardcore but Omni probably is your best bet. You should post something if they allow it. Good luck.[/quote]

My powerlifting partners go to the place on cherry rd you mentioned. It is just one building back now on Mount Gallant. It’s only 25 dollars a month and no contract and like I said I go there and we do some hardcore powerlifting and have some bands, kettlebells and various equipment. The owner is a House Of Pain rep. Maybe you could meet up with us there one day. Trust me man we are all family men so I know exactly how you feel and that schedules and times can be constricted. The good part is that when you become a member of the place I mentioned they give you a key so that you can go anytime that you want to. Let me know what you think.

Yeah it ais a bitch and I am not a morning person to lift. I will have to check it out, that sounds awesome. Not a powerlifter myself and never will be but I did meet Donnie Thompson before. The SC NSCA did a seminar on powerlifting and it did help.

Also, being around the right people helps. You have the people who do biceps in the squat rack and then you have people who want to work. I hope I am the latter. Thanks a bunch!