Vvfoo Training Log

Could that be because my legs are weaker and my squat is unproportional to deadlift?

@T3hPwnisher said it better than I did. You need to push your hips forward to fully lock it out. Your last rep is the best one, but it should still be more pronounced. Think about how you would do a hip thrust.

No, I imagine it’s because you’re just plain not doing it. It’s not something that happens automatically: you have to choose to do it during the movement.

Contract your glutes to lockout; don’t hyperextend your lower back. If you don’t know how to do this, do some kettlebell swings.

@OTHSteve
@T3hPwnisher
Understood. Thanks guys Ill attempt to contract glutes and lockout. Ill figure out how to do some kettlebell swings too, but I believe my gyms kettlebells only go up to like 25lbs.(We dont have too many of them)

It doesn’t need to be heavy; just something to train the mechanics.

1 Like

Did 365 for 7 yesterday and estimated max is around 438.

1 Like

some people will say everyone is in snap city. you’re not. I doubt the person who said this is particularly strong.

What others said about the lockout is correct. It really doesn’t matter much if you’re just trying to get strong, but most of those reps wouldn’t count in a meet. Your knees need to lock out, and your hips need to be pushed through. Don’t hyperextend at the top or anything, just be standing straight up at the top. What you’re doing is essentially known as a ‘soft’ lockout. You’re plenty strong to lock out every one of these reps, you just aren’t doing it. You likely weren’t aware of the issue in the first place, which is totally fine. A very easy fix.

1 Like

March 25,2019 Bench PR 260lbs. Finally bench Pr and it went up pretty smooth with slight grind. Afterwards another PR 205 for 9 reps. Even after that was tired but still did 185 for 10 very easy.

3 Likes

March 30,2019 Bench PR 225 for 5. Right after did another PR of 185 for 12.

2 Likes

March 30,2019 Deadlift PR 435lbs.
Finally all my lifts equal to a 1000 total. Might try a mock meet. My bench is TnG to i would probably get less in a comp.

3 Likes

I just recently crossed the 1,000 total as well. I fluctuate between super proud and pumped and sad it’s only that lol. Congrats on the PR!

Haha same, except my total is only theoretical and I would probably get less in a meet.

1 Like

Same here. Non of mine are at meets or even the same day.

1 Like

April 1,2019 Bench PR 245 for 2.

This month these will be my main PR sets for deadlift- 365lbs for 8 this week, 385 for 6 next week along with a 315 squat, third week aiming for 405 for 3+, and finish the month off with a 445-455 pull.

2 Likes

April 3,2019 Squat PR 275 for 4.

2 Likes

I had a 1000 pound total at one point, good job.

Whats your total right now?

God only knows. Weak.

April 4,2019. Did 255 bench no spotter or liftoff. Coming for 265.

1 Like