T Nation

Vvfoo vs Larry Wheels PR Log

bodybuilding
strength
powerlifting
performance

@flipcollar @bulldog9899
In the video above is my back rounding bad?
Keep in mind this was a PR set and it was 95% of my current 1RM.

Very very slight… Considering it near a pr set its not bad.

Dumbell bench PR 100lbs dumbells for 5 unassisted with liftoff.

2 Likes

Was going to follow flip on instagram but it went down today.

March 13,2019 Squat PR 305lbs.
Went down pretty slowly to make sure I hit depth so it was a grinder but I still got it up.
First 300lbs+ squat.

1 Like

3 plates is around the corner.

1 Like

Hopefully next month.
(Its sad how weak my squat is)

1 Like

Squat is just one of those things that is hard to master. I think a 500kg squat would be more impressive than a new world record deadlift. (Not one of the bullshit super suit just at parallel squats) I’m still trying to figure my squat out, want 4 plates badly on it but there is always some nagging form issue that I need to correct. It’s just been dumb luck and hard work getting my squat where it’s at. I’d still consider mine poverty compared to my deadlift.
In my opinion I’d say you’re progressing fairly fast on the squat. Find you form and lock it in.

This dude squatted 525kg in wraps no suit.

2 Likes

What in the name of sweet baby jesus…

1 Like

Yeah hes insane, beat the previous record by a mile, I also found him doing 533kg in training without a suit.

1 Like

His raw+straps record exceeded the current single ply record. He used to have the multiply world record until he attempted a 1300lbs/590kg squat that blew out his knee.

1 Like

March 20,2019 Squat PR 245 for 8. Followed by 3 sets of 5 with 225.

2 Likes

March 21,2019 Bench PR 200 for 10.
This was also after doing a fast 250 rep no spotter or liftoff.
Very happy with speed on 250 might go for 260 soon.

1 Like

Aiming for a 365 for 6+ deadlift tommorow.

1 Like
2 Likes

@flipcollar
@T3hPwnisher
Is my form f*ck up ?
Ive had someone DM me that I am in snap city. I dont really notice my back rounding during heavy sets. Since you seem experienced maybe you can decide if my form is unacceptable and should I work on it.

The only bad thing I saw is that you didn’t totally lock out a few of the reps. Fine for a gym record, but if you were in a strongman comp you wouldn’t have gotten the down command on a some of them.

Form doesn’t look worrisome. It looks like you’re not getting your hips all the way through at lockout, which could be putting the weight on your lower back instead of hips and glutes, but that’s about it.

How do I know when its completely locked out? I dont want to overdo it and sprain or pull something.