T Nation

VT Prisoners Call Food Foul

Full Story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23761712/

Nutraloaf is punishment, not a meal, says suit before state Supreme Court

By WILSON RING
Associated Press Writer

updated 10:08 p.m. ET, Sat., March. 22, 2008

MONTPELIER, Vt. - When shooting suspect Christopher Williams acted up in prison, he was given nutraloaf �?? a mixture of cubed whole wheat bread, nondairy cheese, raw carrots, spinach, seedless raisins, beans, vegetable oil, tomato paste, powdered milk and dehydrated potato flakes.

Prison officials call it a complete meal. Inmates say it’s so awful they’d rather go hungry

They are fortunate they get fed.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
They are fortunate they get fed.[/quote]

Don´t worry those chickens will come home to roost too…

Because as you sow, so you shall reap and yes, that is in the Bible.

But then the Bible is intrinsically anti-American and racist.

Or at least anyone quoting it is.

The best thing is to get up and kick your pastor in the teeth when he quotes it.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
They are fortunate they get fed.

Don´t worry those chickens will come home to roost too…

Because as you sow, so you shall reap and yes, that is in the Bible.

But then the Bible is intrinsically anti-American and racist.

Or at least anyone quoting it is.

The best thing is to get up and kick your pastor in the teeth when he quotes it.

[/quote]

WTF are you rambling about this time?

"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

That sound like pretty good chow to me.

Anyways, I don’t think prisoners have any right to complain. I mean, if you don’t like prison you should probably not, like, break the law and stuff… You know?

[quote]orion wrote:
"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’[/quote]

They feed the prisoners healthy but unappealing food and this is somehow wrong to you?

Do you even understand the topic?

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
That sound like pretty good chow to me.

Anyways, I don’t think prisoners have any right to complain. I mean, if you don’t like prison you should probably not, like, break the law and stuff… You know?[/quote]

Well, if the US have more people in jail than any other nation and yet still more violent crime and most people in jail are there because of non violent mala prohibita those laws are like, BS… you know?

orion wrote:
"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

They feed the prisoners healthy but unappealing food and this is somehow wrong to you?

Do you even understand the topic?[/quote]

Yes, I know that putting people away for years for BS reasons and then make their lives miserable, because if they are in jail they automatically must deserve it, breeds contempt for society and its laws.

As in, as you sow, so you shall reap.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

Yes, I know that putting people away for years for BS reasons and then make their lives miserable, because if they are in jail they automatically must deserve it, breeds contempt for society and its laws.

[/quote]

Looks like you don’t understand the topic.

Hofmann said Vermont prisons average about one nutraloaf episode a month.

Christopher Williams, 29, who is charged in a 2006 school shooting that killed two people in Essex, was given nutraloaf after he’d assaulted guards and smeared excrement in his cell.

Since then, his name hasn’t appeared on the list of inmates given nutraloaf.

“His name was nowhere to be found,” Hofmann said. “I presume it was effective.”

Add a little meat along with the NutraLoaf and that’s almost some pretty anabolic food.

Then turn them loose to the weight room?

I kinda thought it would be interesting to discuss a push to add phytoestrogens to the ‘loaf’ to reduce testosterone levels of the inmates, perhaps calm them a bit.

:slight_smile:

They should be happy they’re not fed baked sewage (IMVHO)

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Add a little meat along with the NutraLoaf and that’s almost some pretty anabolic food.

I kinda thought it would be interesting to discuss a push to add phytoestrogens to the ‘loaf’ to reduce testosterone levels of the inmates, perhaps calm them a bit.

They should be happy they’re not fed baked sewage (IMVHO)[/quote]

yummy biosolids

orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

Looks like you don’t understand the topic.[/quote]

Maybe, but my god does not tell me I will burn in hell for this, yours tells you though.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

They should be happy they’re not fed baked sewage (IMVHO)[/quote]

Yeah all those people doing 10 years for selling light bulbs or shooting an intruder at 2am who kind of forgot to announce that he was po-lice, should be gang raped and fed soylent green.

And then, after they have left prison they will get a nice peaceful job and settle in the suburbs with two kids and a dog.

Not.

I’ve been gone for a bit, but orion, your satire has been quite sharp as of late. A new hint of pessimism? Rage against the machine?

Nonetheless, it is entertaining.

I’ve got nothing to make this thread interesting.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

Looks like you don’t understand the topic.

Maybe, but my god does not tell me I will burn in hell for this, yours tells you though.

[/quote]

Thor doesn’t tell me any such thing. Are you drunk?

[quote]orion wrote:

Yeah all those people doing 10 years for selling light bulbs or shooting an intruder at 2am who kind of forgot to announce that he was po-lice, should be gang raped and fed soylent green.

[/quote]

Or the guy that shot up a school…

[quote]kroby wrote:
I’ve been gone for a bit, but orion, your satire has been quite sharp as of late. A new hint of pessimism? Rage against the machine?

Nonetheless, it is entertaining.

I’ve got nothing to make this thread interesting.[/quote]

It is the reaction to some posters who have no problem treating anyone weaker than them like shit, be they prisoners or Iraqis, and yet proclaim to follow Jesus´ teachings and that they are the ones who are morally superior.

The most annoying thing is their self righteous anger when someone actually gets back at them or someone else points out that what goes around comes around.

There is no point in arguing with moral insanity, you can only draw attention to it by making fun of it.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Full Story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23761712/

Nutraloaf is punishment, not a meal, says suit before state Supreme Court

By WILSON RING
Associated Press Writer

updated 10:08 p.m. ET, Sat., March. 22, 2008

MONTPELIER, Vt. - When shooting suspect Christopher Williams acted up in prison, he was given nutraloaf �?? a mixture of cubed whole wheat bread, nondairy cheese, raw carrots, spinach, seedless raisins, beans, vegetable oil, tomato paste, powdered milk and dehydrated potato flakes.

Prison officials call it a complete meal. Inmates say it’s so awful they’d rather go hungry
[/quote]

I blame us foreign policy.