VT 1 Year

I thought today was going to be a great day. It’s a sunny cloud free day here in SC and work was going very well this morning. I just got out of a meeting that had lasted most of the morning and decided to check the news. Then I saw the article on the front page of the news website… Virginia Tech. 1 year later.

Not sure how many other people out there were hurt by this, but I lost a high school friend in the shooting. I’m not even sure why this has dug as deep as it has both on that day and now again today. Maxine was a friend from middle school now that I think about it. She dated one of my fellow wrestlers and she was into music as I was. Once we graduate though I never really saw her much. She went to VT while I went down to Clemson. We were both about to graduate when she was killed.

I’m not even sure why I’m posting this other than to say I hope she’s happy in Heaven and that I hope others are coping well with any losses in their lives. Some tragedies just can’t be explained, but as the song goes, “the good die young.”

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful day from above Maxine.

CP

Great article on her life here, including some quotes from my friends.

Sorry for your loss CP.

Post away, we’re hear to listen.

Sorry to hear about your friend Crew. She looks like a nice girl. Hope she is at peace also.