VPX: They Can't Be Serious...

On the VPX Products website, in their promo copy for their fatburner ‘Redline,’ they are saying that this supp will burn fat through the “body’s shivering response…” WTF!!! If you believe this, then I’ve got a BIIIIG bridge to sell you on the Lower East Side of Manhattan going over to Brooklyn. I tried a can of this crap and I swear 40 minutes later, I thought I had given myself a fever. It was like the ephedra shakes, only 10X worse…

MicroSlash - “Learning that ‘freaky’ should only be applied to hot young T-vixen groupies who’ll do anything to get backstage…”

Here’s the blurb:

Finally, a fat burner that busts the thermogenic and energy producing envelope wide open and that’s only the beginning!

Check out this freaky scientific VPX breakthrough: REDLINE?: is the only matrix ever developed to shred fat through the shivering response in the body. By shivering the body burns huge amounts of stored bodyfat for energy in an effort to keep the body warm. That’s not all! In addition to shivering, you’ll also be sweating up a thermogenic storm. The combined mechanisms of these two processes results in unparalleled fat loss! FEEL THE FREAK, FEEL THE FREEZE, WATCH THE FAT DROP OFF WITH EASE (Oh Lordy…the crapola factor has just gone off the charts…)

Well they have the science behind the concepts right; sorta. Shivering does cause a large increase in metabolic rate in response to low temperatures. This doesn’t relate to where the energy is coming from though…ehhh I’m not going to dwell on it.

[quote]MicroSlash wrote:
On the VPX Products website, in their promo copy for their fatburner ‘Redline,’ they are saying that this supp will burn fat through the “body’s shivering response…” WTF!!! If you believe this, then I’ve got a BIIIIG bridge to sell you on the Lower East Side of Manhattan going over to Brooklyn. I tried a can of this crap and I swear 40 minutes later, I thought I had given myself a fever. It was like the ephedra shakes, only 10X worse…

MicroSlash - “Learning that ‘freaky’ should only be applied to hot young T-vixen groupies who’ll do anything to get backstage…”

Here’s the blurb:

Finally, a fat burner that busts the thermogenic and energy producing envelope wide open and that’s only the beginning!

Check out this freaky scientific VPX breakthrough: REDLINE?: is the only matrix ever developed to shred fat through the shivering response in the body. By shivering the body burns huge amounts of stored bodyfat for energy in an effort to keep the body warm. That’s not all! In addition to shivering, you’ll also be sweating up a thermogenic storm. The combined mechanisms of these two processes results in unparalleled fat loss! FEEL THE FREAK, FEEL THE FREEZE, WATCH THE FAT DROP OFF WITH EASE (Oh Lordy…the crapola factor has just gone off the charts…)

[/quote]

I’ve used Redline…I didn’t get a fever or shakes. I usually take more than the required amount. I don’t recall losing any weight either.

HOT-ROX on the other hand?I love it. I’m taking four caps in the a.m. and two in the afternoon. It works.

I did like the VPX prohormones…but that’s in the past now.

I’m just wondering why they just don’t go the distance and say “Give yourself a fever…burn fat NOW!!!”

The effects of this crap felt like the flu…

MicroSlash - “Losing fat now, ask me how…”

Tried it, hated it.

It’s like a bad ephederine. All the side effects with none of the benefits

Just to shed some more light on the issue…why would anyone want to significantly raise your body temperature for a sustained period of time. Higher temperatures = reactions proceeding at a faster rate due to more collissions between molecules and thus a quicker “deterioration/tissue-turnover of the human body.”

While we generally view tissue turnover in muscle cells as a good thing; you need to remember that the more times a cell replicates the more you age. Cell replication is not perfect in that you lose some DNA strands everytime a cell turns over. I forget the term for it.

With apologies to Jon Bon Jovi: “Your stuff is like BAD EPHEDRINE…BAD EPHEDRINE ain’t what I need…gives me shakes just like BAD EPHEDRINE”

MicroSlash - “A HOT-ROX convert since giving myself the hippy-hippy shakes…”

[quote]MicroSlash wrote:
With apologies to Jon Bon Jovi: “Your stuff is like BAD EPHEDRINE…BAD EPHEDRINE ain’t what I need…gives me shakes just like BAD EPHEDRINE”

MicroSlash - “A HOT-ROX convert since giving myself the hippy-hippy shakes…”[/quote]

One thing that I like about the HOT-ROX…is there are no shakes. I can focus a lot more…without the side effects of E or Redline.

Here are some studies.
Capsaicin-like anti-obese effects: Capsaicin-like anti-obese activities of evodiamine from fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa, a vanilloid receptor agonist - PubMed

Slowing gastric emptying: Effects of evodiamine on gastrointestinal motility in male rats - PubMed

Lowers testosterone? Effects of evodiamine on the secretion of testosterone in rat testicular interstitial cells - PubMed

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Cell replication is not perfect in that you lose some DNA strands everytime a cell turns over. I forget the term for it. [/quote]

No. And thank god that doesn’t happen. Consider the number of mitotic divisions that occur in the body each day. Now consider that a single dimer, a single base-pair inversion, or a single deletion can cause a myriad of death-inducing effects. If we lost part of our genome during every cell division, we would be lucky to have the longevity of a fruit fly, and we’d be a bunch of severely deformed, non-functioning mutants.

~Terumo

someone told me that if you placed all the genetic material end to end from 1 adult human being it would stretch to the moon and back 8000 times!

I like redline and know several people who have sucessfully used it to lose fat. However, I like HOT-ROX more. Less side effects. For example, once after doing my last set of dips while cranked on redline I dropped off the dip bar to my feet and the whole gym started spinning like I was tripping. NOT WHAT I WANTED AT THAT TIME.

That product sounds like all the shit a body can take. And then some.

I’ll take my HOT-ROX, thank you very much.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Just to shed some more light on the issue…why would anyone want to significantly raise your body temperature for a sustained period of time. Higher temperatures = reactions proceeding at a faster rate due to more collissions between molecules and thus a quicker “deterioration/tissue-turnover of the human body.”

While we generally view tissue turnover in muscle cells as a good thing; you need to remember that the more times a cell replicates the more you age. Cell replication is not perfect in that you lose some DNA strands everytime a cell turns over. I forget the term for it. [/quote]

What makes you think that chemical reaction kinetics are applicable to biological pathways?
Aside from that it would require a significant increase in temperature to cause any noticable increase in any rate of reaction that is occuring within the body.

Well there was a similar type claim when Myozap came out…

[quote]Terumo wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
Cell replication is not perfect in that you lose some DNA strands everytime a cell turns over. I forget the term for it.

No. And thank god that doesn’t happen. Consider the number of mitotic divisions that occur in the body each day. Now consider that a single dimer, a single base-pair inversion, or a single deletion can cause a myriad of death-inducing effects. If we lost part of our genome during every cell division, we would be lucky to have the longevity of a fruit fly, and we’d be a bunch of severely deformed, non-functioning mutants.

~Terumo[/quote]

The phenomenon that Powda is attempting to reference is the shortening of Telomeres. Telomeres are non-coding strands of nucleotides that are connected to the end of the DNA chain. During every round of transcription, the telomeres decrease in length slightly. However, this effect only occurs in somatic (body) cells, not in gametes (sperm/ova).

Thus, a given strand of somatic DNA does have an upper limit to the number of times it can be copied. The Hayflick limit describes what happens at this point.

In Gametic cells, your body uses the enzyme Telomerase to limit and/or negate the shortening of telomeres.

[quote]zeropointzero wrote:
Here are some studies.

Lowers testosterone? Effects of evodiamine on the secretion of testosterone in rat testicular interstitial cells - PubMed

refering to the last study: does anyone know if Evodiamine is found in capsacin? laters pk

Hey I believe in the shiver response causing a raise in metabolism and bodyheat. when i am waist deep in cold mountain water from Mauna Kea and the trades are blowing right on me I shiver really bad. Then the shivering stops and I run the risk of hypothermia.

But redline has been toting this claim for over a couple yrs. Even convinced me of looking at their website. Then I lost interest because on that day I received my first bottle of Red Bands and it broke the trance. lol. VPX is serious. I think they mentioned the same claim about clenbutrub they used to sell.

Let’s just say this much, when friends have asked about Redline, because it is readily for sale at local supplement stores, I suggest they read up on Fahrenheit or HOT-ROX (women and men friends) as those might be better for their goals. Now at first I am happy because they actually do read up on this site, after I give them the address. They end up buying Redline anyway. They felt that Fahrenheit and HOT-ROX are too hardcore and would make them too big like a bodybuilder. What can I say, there are ignorant, or just plain fools everywhere who can’t read.

Hahahaha. Oh, I love this. I also really really wish it was true.

To all the boneheads in the world, it really is NOT easy to get too big. In fact, people spend YEARS working their asses off, taking supplements, eating like horses and doing everything to maximize recovery in the hopes of putting on some muscles.

Sitting on your ass and taking a supplement is in NO danger of making you hyooooge. Dipshits.

[quote]vroom wrote:
They felt that Fahrenheit and HOT-ROX are too hardcore and would make them too big like a bodybuilder.

Hahahaha. Oh, I love this. I also really really wish it was true.

To all the boneheads in the world, it really is NOT easy to get too big. In fact, people spend YEARS working their asses off, taking supplements, eating like horses and doing everything to maximize recovery in the hopes of putting on some muscles.

Sitting on your ass and taking a supplement is in NO danger of making you hyooooge. Dipshits.[/quote]

Testify, Brother Vroom!!! Tell 'em how it is:) (insert Southern gospel music here)