Voytek the Soldier Bear of WWII

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/voytek.html

True story, apparently.

Outfuckingstanding.

This would add an interesting wrinkle to the 100 people vs. a Bear thread: How about “100 Nazis vs. a Polak Soldier Bear?”

That is quite possibly the most badass thing ever.

That is the greatest god damn thing I have ever read.

“He liked a cigarette, he liked a bottle of beer - he drank a bottle of beer like any man.”

That is fucking awesome!

That is AWESOME!! I do feel bad that he was made to live out his years behind bars. The Bear was a bloody war hero as much as any soldier!

Incredible story.

[quote]GunnyBear wrote:
That is AWESOME!! I do feel bad that he was made to live out his years behind bars. The Bear was a bloody war hero as much as any soldier!
[/quote]

Honestly, hif he was friendly with people, someone would have probably shot him in self defence. Also, growing up with people as company he probably would rather be in a zoo surrounded by admirers and with all sorts of the best food, and people taking top care of him.

That’s the coolest shit I’ve heard all week.

Awesomesauce.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
GunnyBear wrote:

Honestly, hif he was friendly with people, someone would have probably shot him in self defence. Also, growing up with people as company he probably would rather be in a zoo surrounded by admirers and with all sorts of the best food, and people taking top care of him.[/quote]

I know,there really wasn’t any other options for him. Still it would have made the story all the better if ended up living his life out with one of his squad mates and going down to the local Veterans Hall for a beer!

That is awesome, as a social studies teacher I cant wait to have the chance to tell that story to my students.