Voting for Third Parties

[
Styfus,
While I agree nearly entirely with your post, I think this year’s election is a different story. I think it is more crucial now more than ever to ensure the incumbant does not hold office. This year is not the year to vote third party!

Styfus: I didn’t read your post before writing mine. I’d have to say that I’m in agreement with you. It’s so refreshing to know that their are other people out there who can’t stand it anymore and vote their conscious. The self-fullfiling prophecy you mention is dead on. I think when people vote for the 2 major parties they are the ones wasting a vote as the last x number of decades bears this out. The coruption deepens no matter what party is in control. They are just the whipping boys for multi-national corporations and so serve their needs not the needs of Americans as a whole. It makes little difference who is in charge and therfore RightSideUps point is mute.

Two party politics is a lot like a football match.

You have two team (i.e. two major parties) that appear to be fighting each other.

But really both teams are part of the same organisation, controlled and behold dent to the same owners and sponsors.

The fight between the two is a charade. There is no real fight nothing is really at stake. Just as in two party politics there is no real choice and there is no real chance of change.

It really does not matter which team you support because whichever team you support you are in effect supporting the powers that be.

The only way things will change at all is to not support either team and thus in effect not support the powers that be.

Vote third party any third party.

I still don’t get it.

I can’t see the two major parties as being the same. Sure they have many things in common, but I believe that is because on the whole they are honestly working for what they see as being in the country’s best interests. They have a lot of things in common because they want the country to survive.

The only third party that seems a little sane is the Libertarian party, but even it seems to put the country’s best interest behind its anarchist ideals.