T Nation

Voter ID Laws Goes to UN


NAACP trolling America?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/03/09/148291825/the-fight-over-voter-id-laws-goes-to-the-united-nations

I wish somebody could explain to me…if you are legally in this country, why you cannot get an I.D. so you can vote?

Anybody tell me why?

Anybody?

Bueller?

So obvious why people are against this…

Related

Dude just rolls around to different voting places and gets ballots, amazing.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
So obvious why people are against this…

Related

Dude just rolls around to different voting places and gets ballots, amazing. [/quote]

THASSSS RAYCESSSS!

/Method Man’d

Anti-Voter ID OpEd…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/mar/14/voter-id-america-anti-democracy-movement

One of the main arguments from the article…

“What this translates into are additional costs per voter to secure new IDs, or birth or marriage certificates, or transportation fees to get to hours-long lines, and away from work and other gainful activity. Many will simply shrug their shoulders and not bother to vote. And this, I feel, is the ultimate goal of the voter ID movement.”

Now, after my above post, let’s discuss this…

I am currently in the process of getting my Arkansas Concealed Carry Permit

I just wrote out a check to the Ark. State Police for $144.25 ($100 of which is the application fee, the rest state and FBI background checks). And all fees are non-refundable, no ifs ands or buts.

So I would expect the same fucking outrage here. If people can’t afford a fucking ID to vote, no way they can afford a Weapon Permit. Why no outrage?

The voter ID law infringes but this doesn’t somehow.

Summary of what I have to do to get a weapon permit.

Pay a $100 application fee.

Pay $25 for State background check.

Pay $20 for FBI background check.

Get officially fingerprinted by the state.

Get certified training by a firearm instructor licensed by the state.

So where is the outrage! A good $300 dollars for my 2nd amendment.

Once again, from the article I posted, with my own minor adjustments.

“What this translates into are additional costs per CITIZEN to secure new IDs, or certificates”…Check

, or transportation fees to get to hours-long lines, and away from work and other gainful activity"…Check

“Many will simply shrug their shoulders and not bother to get a Permit. And this, I feel, is the ultimate goal of the anit gun movement.”…Check

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Now, after my above post, let’s discuss this…

I am currently in the process of getting my Arkansas Concealed Carry Permit

I just wrote out a check to the Ark. State Police for $144.25 ($100 of which is the application fee, the rest state and FBI background checks). And all feed are non-refundable, no ifs ands or buts.

So I would expect the same fucking outrage here. If people can’t afford a fucking ID to vote, no way they can afford a Weapon Permit. Why no outrage?

The voter ID law infringes but this doesn’t somehow. [/quote]

I’d even argue voting can be far more dangerous.

Didn’t even think to make that comparison…now I’m more irritated.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thee only reason they don’t want Id’s is to be able to cheat.

Things I need to show a valid ID for:

  1. Boarding an airplane
  2. Writing a check
  3. Cashing a check
  4. Using a credit card
  5. Driving a motor vehicle
  6. Applying for a business license
  7. Applying for permission to hold a protest or rally
  8. Securing employment
  9. Purchasing a house or real estate
  10. Renting a domicile
  11. Renting a motor vehicle
  12. Purchasing a firearm (Includes BB guns)
  13. Applying for a hunting license (waived for 16 and 17 year olds when their legal guardian provides a photo ID)
  14. Applying for a fishing license (waived for 16 and 17 year olds when their legal guardian provides a photo ID)
  15. Purchasing alcoholic beverages
  16. Purchasing tobacco or products that contain nicotine
  17. Purchasing a motor vehicle
  18. Initial registration of a motor vehicle
  19. Applying for a building permit
  20. Receiving prescription medicine
  21. Purchasing OTC medicine that contains pseudoephedrine
  22. Serving on jury duty
  23. Getting a bank account
  24. Cash transactions of $5000.00 or greater

I copied this list for expediency after coming up with at least 17 examples of my own. I am sure there are many more that I did not think of. This is why I cannot take liberals seriously anymore.

I will say this again as this topic has been brought up before, my mother who has been deceased for three years now seems to be voting in every election we’ve had since her death. How do I know this? Well the friendly detail cops who bust my balls and ask when my dad is voting is kind enough to inform me that my mother has already been down to vote. So yes I’m cool with voter ID’s and should I find the person voting in my mother’s name? Well let’s just say that she will not like what happens to her very much

The other side people forget to mention, is that having someone vote who does not have the right is equivalent to not allowing people to vote who have the right. Every time someone illegally votes, it takes away a little of everyone else’s vote.

[quote]JEATON wrote:
Things I need to show a valid ID for:

  1. Boarding an airplane
  2. Writing a check
  3. Cashing a check
  4. Using a credit card
  5. Driving a motor vehicle
  6. Applying for a business license
  7. Applying for permission to hold a protest or rally
  8. Securing employment
  9. Purchasing a house or real estate
  10. Renting a domicile
  11. Renting a motor vehicle
  12. Purchasing a firearm (Includes BB guns)
  13. Applying for a hunting license (waived for 16 and 17 year olds when their legal guardian provides a photo ID)
  14. Applying for a fishing license (waived for 16 and 17 year olds when their legal guardian provides a photo ID)
  15. Purchasing alcoholic beverages
  16. Purchasing tobacco or products that contain nicotine
  17. Purchasing a motor vehicle
  18. Initial registration of a motor vehicle
  19. Applying for a building permit
  20. Receiving prescription medicine
  21. Purchasing OTC medicine that contains pseudoephedrine
  22. Serving on jury duty
  23. Getting a bank account
  24. Cash transactions of $5000.00 or greater

I copied this list for expediency after coming up with at least 17 examples of my own. I am sure there are many more that I did not think of. This is why I cannot take liberals seriously anymore. [/quote]

THASSS RAYCESSSS

/La Raza’d

Don’t worry. The U.N. “Human Rights” Council has a really good record. The 2012 member states - Saudi Arabia, China, Cuba, Jordan, Nigeria, Kyrgustan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Djibouti, Senegal, Uruguay, Hungary, Norway and Russia.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Don’t worry. The U.N. “Human Rights” Council has a really good record. The 2012 member states - Saudi Arabia, China, Cuba, Jordan, Nigeria, Kyrgustan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Djibouti, Senegal, Uruguay, Hungary, Norway and Russia.[/quote]

I know I can sleep safely with them watching out for me! /sarcasm

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Summary of what I have to do to get a weapon permit.

Pay a $100 application fee.

Pay $25 for State background check.

Pay $20 for FBI background check.

Get officially fingerprinted by the state.

Get certified training by a firearm instructor licensed by the state.

So where is the outrage! A good $300 dollars for my 2nd amendment.

Once again, from the article I posted, with my own minor adjustments.

“What this translates into are additional costs per CITIZEN to secure new IDs, or certificates”…Check

, or transportation fees to get to hours-long lines, and away from work and other gainful activity"…Check

“Many will simply shrug their shoulders and not bother to get a Permit. And this, I feel, is the ultimate goal of the anit gun movement.”…Check[/quote]

Not to derail the thread or anything, But holy shit that’s insane in Alabama it only costs $10.00 a year for a ccw permit.

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Summary of what I have to do to get a weapon permit.

Pay a $100 application fee.

Pay $25 for State background check.

Pay $20 for FBI background check.

Get officially fingerprinted by the state.

Get certified training by a firearm instructor licensed by the state.

So where is the outrage! A good $300 dollars for my 2nd amendment.

Once again, from the article I posted, with my own minor adjustments.

“What this translates into are additional costs per CITIZEN to secure new IDs, or certificates”…Check

, or transportation fees to get to hours-long lines, and away from work and other gainful activity"…Check

“Many will simply shrug their shoulders and not bother to get a Permit. And this, I feel, is the ultimate goal of the anit gun movement.”…Check[/quote]

Not to derail the thread or anything, But holy shit that’s insane in Alabama it only costs $10.00 a year for a ccw permit.[/quote]

Maybe the FEDS think that there are more crazy sum’ bitches in Arkansas than in Alabama?

(I don’t know…!)

Mufasa

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Summary of what I have to do to get a weapon permit.

Pay a $100 application fee.

Pay $25 for State background check.

Pay $20 for FBI background check.

Get officially fingerprinted by the state.

Get certified training by a firearm instructor licensed by the state.

So where is the outrage! A good $300 dollars for my 2nd amendment.

Once again, from the article I posted, with my own minor adjustments.

“What this translates into are additional costs per CITIZEN to secure new IDs, or certificates”…Check

, or transportation fees to get to hours-long lines, and away from work and other gainful activity"…Check

“Many will simply shrug their shoulders and not bother to get a Permit. And this, I feel, is the ultimate goal of the anit gun movement.”…Check[/quote]

Not to derail the thread or anything, But holy shit that’s insane in Alabama it only costs $10.00 a year for a ccw permit.[/quote]

I envy your freedom! I wish Arkansas would become an open carry state too.