VOTE!

No matter who you’re voting for on Tuesday, just be sure to get out and use your right to vote.

This is definitely one of the most important elections of our time.

Nate Dogg, bring your Dem. rear end over to THE CHALLENGE.

Kerry needs you.

JeffR

P.S. Everyone vote.

And you wonder why I rarely post in the political threads?

This is typical of what happens in every thread…or in this case, a PM. Real class act, Jeff.

[quote]Your lats are laughable.

Keep working.

JeffR[/quote]

The most important election of our time might be overstating it just a bit. Remember, the USSR during the Cold War had enough missles pointed at us to destroy the world a few times. Not meaning to denigrate this election, but some perspective is in order.

Also, one could argue that, w/r/t the whole terrorist threat, the most important election of our time was in 2000 – we just didn’t know it…

At any rate, as I said, not meaning to say this election is not important – it most clearly is very important, and if you have an informed opinion, please do vote (and yes, please do draw the inference).

My wife is the poll judge for our precinct - and she enlisted me to be one of her lackies. We’ll be there at the polls by 6:30a.m. We won’t get home until well after the polls close. It’s about as close as I can get to being a pert of the political process without running for office.

I’m so looking forward to tomorrow - win or lose I love the process.

Don’t vote if you are uneducated and are only voting because P.Diddy told you to.

Nate,
Apparently, JeffR didnt see the transformation pics from a couple years ago that turned this forum on its ear.
Judging by his previous posts though, his attitude is expected. Go beat your girlfriend, asshole.

Nate, Jodgey,

Thanks for the kind words.

I’ve read much of Nate Dogg’s posts and I am guilty of trying to fire him up a bit.

I rip on you because I care, Nate.

Remember, classy people post PM’s on the general forum.

Come on over to THE CHALLENGE. You only have a few hours left.

JeffR

P.S. I believe everyone on this forum has either voted or will vote. Even if I disagree with some of you, I respect that.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
My wife is the poll judge for our precinct - and she enlisted me to be one of her lackies. We’ll be there at the polls by 6:30a.m. We won’t get home until well after the polls close. It’s about as close as I can get to being a pert of the political process without running for office.

Excellent post Rainjack. Thank you for doing this.

JeffR

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

man that’s cool…

any chance you could do a write-up of how it went? I’d be interested in reading about the process from you point of view…

Rainjack: I wonder if you would be so enthusiastic to work the booths if you lived here in Florida! Hehehe, I wonder how f-ed up we’re gonna be this time.

To the rest of the nation: I’d like to apologize on behalf of the great State of Florida for what is probably going to be another friggin’ nightmare. We’ve toyed around with electronic voting, etc., but most of the stuff I’ve read lately is pretty pessimistic about how smooth the voting’s going to go tomorrow. Wish us luck!

What is this CHALLENGE you keep speaking of JeffM? If it’s some political thread, I’m sorry, but I don’t have time to read it and debate politics with you.

In fact, I don’t “study” or read every article and underground source of political information. I don’t have to read everything to try and figure out who to vote for. I can see what has happened with my own two eyes. Thus, I made up my mind long ago that I would vote for anyone as long as it wasn’t Bush. I’ve followed some recent articles and information about Kerry/Edwards, and for the most part, I agree with what they hope to do. And because of other issues, they will get my vote.

End of story.

Just get out and vote.

Just got back home from a lllloooonnnnnggggg day at the polls. Nothing much happened, at least not on the scale of a Florida or Ohio.

Bush won our precinct about 75%-25%.

One thing I did notice about the voters, however, was that a lot of those voting for the democratic candidate for the House also voted for Bush.

Not very many straight party ballots, either. I think that is a good sign that people voting are at least thinking about the candidates, and not just pulling levers.

Some pretty ignorant people as well - voting for all three presidential candidates (Kerry, Bush, Badnarik sp).

No hanging chads, swinging chads, or pregnant chads - but we did have a gay Chad. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.