Vote or Die

[quote]ZEB wrote:
This is a funny statement especially in lieu of the fact that in the next several lines you judge him by how much money he makes. This is about the way most of your posts go. Void of logic full of bluster.[/quote]

I didn’t judge him by how much money he makes. That was why I listed some of his ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I know, you can’t help the brain damage, but you should at least attempt holding your mouth shut lest the entire world know.

[quote]
Secondly, you are indeed judging someone by how much they are worth. I noticed that you wrote “successful.” Not “financially successful.” If someone makes a billion dollars robbing banks, for example, are they indeed sucessful in your eyes (note to idiots, not calling Puff Daddy a bank robber)? Apparently the answer is yes! Success comes in many forms. Financial is certainly one. However, there are far more important ways to succeed. Giving to the poor; Contributing to low income housing efforts (ala Jimmy Carter); Raising a children who contribute to society in a positive way. Get it yet?[/quote]

I wrote “sucessful”, not financially sucessful because I wasn’t discussing his finances. Come on, you can keep up if you just try.

[quote]
Yes, once again you judge solely on how much someone is worth and also, in this case, how much fame they have. How shallow of you, how predictable! Again you are pathetic if you think that the measure of a man is how much he has in the bank! [/quote]

I haven’t mentioned the man’s money since that very first post to you in this thread. Why do you keep bringing up his income?

You think he should hide his head due to the “vote or die” campaign. I don’t see any of it as that significant and didn’t while the campaign was going on. People usually have to feel their lives will be directly affected to step to that voting booth. That usually requires more knowledge of events. In the current world of microwave readiness, as little news head lines scroll at the bottom of news casts, most kids even at the age of 18 are unmotivated to look outside of their shell of existance. I think it was a noble attempt to get people like that to understand their lives would be changed by government. It put their “life” in the title with that goal. More people turned out to vote for this last election than ever before in history. What, prey tell should Sean Combs hide his head for? Because Bush won?

You are an idiot.

“Diddy” even jokes about how bad his campaign sucked on the VMAs. Kinda funny to see a guy who’s done that well realize he had a terrible, ineffective idea.

But regardless Vote or Die sucked cock:

1. It’s a terrible slogan.
  2. Lame way to get people to become bleeding heart liberals.
  3. It didn’t work.

NB: Diddy is a terrible rapper. His talent is almost non-existent, his delivery is poor, and his rhymes don’t. He is, however, an exceptional businessman. Russell Simmons seems a similar example of someone who does the same stuff. Excpet he never got in front of a mic.

[quote]Garrett W. wrote:
“Diddy” even jokes about how bad his campaign sucked on the VMAs. Kinda funny to see a guy who’s done that well realize he had a terrible, ineffective idea.

But regardless Vote or Die sucked cock:

1. It’s a terrible slogan.
  2. Lame way to get people to become bleeding heart liberals.
  3. It didn’t work.

NB: Diddy is a terrible rapper. His talent is almost non-existent, his delivery is poor, and his rhymes don’t. He is, however, an exceptional businessman. Russell Simmons seems a similar example of someone who does the same stuff. Excpet he never got in front of a mic.[/quote]

I agree with everything you wrote. He is a good business man. The idea of him actually being considered a “rapper” by anyone makes me laugh. He is a producer and an entrepreneur who is very good at making his ideas work. Hardly the need to “hide his head in shame”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I didn’t judge him by how much money he makes. That was why I listed some of his ACCOMPLISHMENTS.[/quote]

You sure did! You can deny it all you want, after all that is your style. Someone calls you on something and you try to change the subject. You do it all the time…very old…

Your opening line was: “And he STILL has more money that you!” As if that is important and has anything at all to do with his foolish little get out the vote campaign.

This is the sort of stuff that most of us are used to seeing you write. You especially like to attempt intimidation when you post to the newbies. You are such an Internet tough guy…lol.

Your tactics have not changed I see. Let me try to get this through your thick skull one more time. Your opening statement claimed “And he STILL has more money that you!” Then you moved on from there to expand on the mans financial success:

“Between his clothing company his record producing company his affinity for making movie soundtracks and his overall fame.”

Even you should be smart enough not to try to dodge that one.

Seems you are the one unable to even remember what you have written. Then again you always change the subject when you know you are wrong.

This is what you brought up genius:

“Between his clothing company his record producing company his affinity for making movie soundtracks and his overall fame.”

All of it equates to money and fame! Get it yet? Want to continue to make an ass of yourself? Sure why not…

That IS the point! It was insignificant and quite foolish: “vote or die.” Ha ha how stupid…

Right! And having that guy say “vote or die” was about as stupid an add as anyone could run! And it did NOTHING to effect the age group he wanted to reach.

[quote]I think it was a noble attempt to get people like that to understand their lives would be changed by government. It put their “life” in the title with that goal. More people turned out to vote for this last election than ever before in history. What, prey tell should Sean Combs hide his head for? Because Bush won?
[/quote]

You are either simply stupid or you are not paying attention. About the same amount of people from the age group he was trying to reach voted. Do you understand that? The increase came from other groups (eye roll).

[quote]You are an idiot.
[/quote]

I say this from the bottom of my heart: Not one person has ever written on T-Nation who is a bigger blow hard than you! Now go impress yourself by telling off a newbie.

You are joke prof x

Zeb, what do you do for a living?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
That guy is a joke! He didn’t raise the youth vote even a fraction of 1%.

He should hide his face. [/quote]

I’m with the X on this one. Why should he hide his face? Because of one failed campaign effort? Is that what successful people–no matter how you define success–do? And, speaking of success, do you feel Sean Combs is a successful individual?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
danmaftei wrote:
But he’ll be quickly forgotten. :slight_smile: As a musician, I’ve always had this belief that if you are in any way popular among any sort of masses, you’re a fad and nothing more unless you will be remembered long after you die. Of course there are exceptions… most classic rock, for example, god what an era, but besides that, not much else.

How do you come up with that logic? I was a fan of Ray Charles before he died. He also had his time in the spotlight over the years with even more notariety from a younger audience when his movie came out. He will be remembered for quite a while. I personally don’t put Sean Combs anywhere near the art that Ray Charles created, but even I notice talent that is greater than most. The man has been on the scene for nearly 20 years. I don’t think “fads” last quite that long without reinvention. The average artist’s career is, what, 5 years? Why not give credit where credit is due? That must hurt, huh?

I do wonder why so many seem to have this innate need to degrade that style of music. We have heard it on the Kanye West thread. “I have never heard of him and he is a crackhead” were some of the posts thrown out. Meanwhile, the man is on the cover of Time magazine and is being noted as changing the face of an entire genre of music. Could it be that some of you simply don’t get it?..Not that there is anything wrong with that.[/quote]

/sigh

Why is it people respond on impulse so much? Please re-read my post. I said MOST. Not all. Ray Charles was a fucking genius, a popular genius. Same with Zeppelin, Bach, Pink Floyd, Beethoven. There are exceptions to every rule.

Also, don’t tell me I don’t “get” Ray’s music. I own over 1,000 CDs, from classic rock, to folk, to blues, to indie, to hip hop (mostly underground, I should say), to metal (the real shit, not stuff like Disturbed and Godsmack). I play piano and guitar and am better at drums as a hobby then most real drummers are. My music is the reason I’m actually going to college. I KNOW Ray’s music lol.

I think it’s a good thing that his “Vote or Die” campaign flopped. If people start voting just because some movie star, entertainer, or any others of those famous for being well-known tells them too, democracy is in deep shit. It’s already pretty sucky as it is, don’t make it worse.

I wish the media would stop sticking cameras and microphones in the faces of stars and asking them their political opinions, when many of them seem to have trouble finding the U.S. on a map of the U.S. If people can’t be bothered to learn about the issues from varied sources and make up their own minds, please don’t look to Britney Spears or Sean Penn or Puff Daddy for guidance. Please. If you’re stupid enough that you need your idol to tell you how to vote, then don’t.