Vote of NO Confidence in US Government

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Even the paper money looks nice, I just hate that it seems so flimsy. I know its paper, but shit cant they make it a little more rigid.

That would negate its only intrinsic value.

It’s the shit that gives it’s value.[/quote]

And by “shit” I assume you mean “the full faith and credit of the United States Government.”

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Even the paper money looks nice, I just hate that it seems so flimsy. I know its paper, but shit cant they make it a little more rigid.

That would negate its only intrinsic value.

It’s the shit that gives it’s value.

And by “shit” I assume you mean “the full faith and credit of the United States Government.”[/quote]

No I actually meant dookie.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Gregus wrote:

I feel like both parties are on the same team.

Naw, really?

Some of that shit you wrote about the bankers seems conspiracy theory-ish to me, but it’s been blatantly obvious to me my whole life that politicians of both parties barely give a shit about the constituents they are supposed to represent or the ideology they pretend to believe. I can’t be the only one who feels like we’ve keep floating down the same river, no matter who is at the helm. Clinton, Bush, Obama. The only difference I can see is different fringe groups shouting about the same old marginal shit.

Just because it sounds like a conspiracy does not make it crazy. If you feel both parties are taking us down the same river, regardless of affiliation and campaign promises, doesn’t that mean there is some other purpose they are serving? If not, then WHY do they do what they do? Just for fun? For shits and giggles? I guess so, because conspiracies NEVER happen. [/quote]

It’s not crazy, it’s just that you’re blaming everything on a few evil people, when it isn’t people, it’s the logic of the market. For example, closing factories in America where wages are high and there are health and safety regulations and environmental protections (which are good things) and moving them to Mexico and China where the wages are low and there are no regulations isn’t an evil scheme made up by a few ultra-rich bankers. It is the logic of the market. It is profitable.

No one had the omnipotence to intentionally make Mexico a shithole where people will work for slave wages and you can dump filth in the rivers, it just turned out that way, and was convieniently located on our southern boarder. And smart people take advantage of it. And stupid people go out of business.

No one tells the river which way to go. Some people fight the current, the smarter ones flow with it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Gregus wrote:

The Power elite has Politicians to keep everyone divided. And if you look at the big picture that’s exactly the result they’ve had. They work the human psyche very well. Anyway, i woke up, have you?

PS.

I know I’m crazy.

No, you’re not.

"The first thing to be degraded in any nation is the state of Man, himself. Nations which have high ethical tone are difficult to conquer. Their loyalties are hard to shake, their allegiance to their leaders is fanatical, and what they usually call their spiritual integrity cannot be violated by duress. It is not efficient to attack a nation in such a frame of mind. It is the basic purpose of Psychopolitics to reduce that state of mind to a point where it can be ordered and enslaved. Thus, the first target is Man, himself. He must be degraded from a spiritual being to an animalistic reaction pattern. He must think of himself as an animal, capable only of animalistic reactions. He must no longer think of himself, or of his fellows, as capable of “spiritual endurance,” or nobility.

The best approach toward degradation in its first stages is the propaganda of “scientific approach” to Man. Man must be consistently demonstrated to be a mechanism without individuality, and it must be educated into a populace under attack that Man’s individualistic reactions are the product of mental derangement. The populace must be brought into the belief that every individual within it who rebels in any way, shape, or form against the efforts and activities to enslave the whole, must be considered to be a deranged person whose eccentricities are neurotic and insane, and who must have at once the treatment of a psychopolitician.

An optimum condition in such a program of degradation would address itself to the military forces of the nation, and bring them rapidly away from any other belief than the disobedient one must be subjected to “mental treatment.” An enslavement of a population can fail only if these rebellious individuals are left to exert their individual influences upon their fellow citizens, sparking them into rebellion, calling into account their nobilities and freedoms. Unless these restless individuals are stamped out and given into the hands of psychopolitical operatives early in the conquest,there will be nothing but trouble as the conquest continues. The officials of the government, students, readers, partakers of entertainment,must all be indoctrinated, by whatever means, into the complete belief that the restless, the ambitions, the natural leaders, are suffering from environmental maladjustments, which can only be healed by recourse to psychopolitical operatives in the guise of mental healers.

By thus degrading the general belief in the status of Man it is relatively simple, with co-operation from the economic salients being driven into the country, to drive citizens apart, one from another, to bring about a question of the wisdom of their own government, and to cause them to actively beg for enslavement."

—from Soviet Handbook of Brainwashing

Read the above, then watch an Obama rally from last year.
[/quote]

Although I respect whatever views you may have about our current administration, I have never met anyone I consider highly intelligent who would vouch for that sack of crap. If are trying to say that Obama is actively seeking to enslave the minds of his people, say it. Although, if that is indeed your point, I would advise that you begin with a much more practical means of argument rather than a subjective interpretation of your so called “soviet brain washing book”.

As I’ve mentioned before, the lack of faith for the current administration is the most interesting reaction I can imagine. Hypothesizing the effects of political philosophies and their probable outcome really doesn’t mount to a hill of beans. At least have the virtue of patience, Obama hasn’t even been around for a year!

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:
Excellent work! This is a splendid satire of everything I’ve heard on this board for months!

Just teasing, but really?

Yes really. Democracy is followed only if it suits the Power elite. Once it doesn’t they temporarily change the rules of the game and like with the Stimulus to get what they want.
[/quote]

If you are trying to say that Large unethical corporations influence our government in a negative way then i agree. I would also add that they weaken Community bonds, create jobs for illegal immigrants, promote materialism, rape our planet, use children as slaves, degrade our health, and much much more.

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:
At least have the virtue of patience, Obama hasn’t even been around for a year![/quote]

If someone is doing a lot of bad in a short amount of time, what is the virtue in waiting for him to do more? “…might I also remind you that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” --BG

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:
At least have the virtue of patience, Obama hasn’t even been around for a year!

If someone is doing a lot of bad in a short amount of time, what is the virtue in waiting for him to do more? “…might I also remind you that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” --BG

mike[/quote]

The fact is, a lot of the bills that conservative people are freaking out about are still in legislation or still have the opportunity to be revised. I’ll admit, healthcare reform will take a lot of effort and perhaps multiple presidencies to get it right, but Obama is starting to do what has been delayed for decades, respect him for it. You can speculate all you want, but political science is really political philosophy and should be treated as such.

Might I add that their are a lot of good things he has done already.

Mikeyali wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:
At least have the virtue of patience, Obama hasn’t even been around for a year!

mike

The fact is, a lot of the bills that conservative people are freaking out about are still in legislation or still have the opportunity to be revised. I’ll admit, healthcare reform will take a lot of effort and perhaps multiple presidencies to get it right, but Obama is starting to do what has been delayed for decades, respect him for it. You can speculate all you want, but political science is really political philosophy and should be treated as such.

Might I add that their are a lot of good things he has done already.[/quote]

Like what? And good for who?

He even managed to fuck up picking the presidential pooch. A Portugese water dog? Really?

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

No one tells the river which way to go. Some people fight the current, the smarter ones flow with it.[/quote]

And the really clever ones invent steamboats.

Things that float downstream are generally dead fish and garbage.

The fact is, a lot of the bills that conservative people are freaking out about are still in legislation or still have the opportunity to be revised. I’ll admit, healthcare reform will take a lot of effort and perhaps multiple presidencies to get it right, but Obama is starting to do what has been delayed for decades, respect him for it. [/quote]

This makes no sense - “health care reform” is a meaningless phrase, unless you can define what kind of reform. Obama clearly pines for the “reform” of government-run health insurance - while that certainly is a change from the status quo, but he doesn’t deserve respect for it if you think it is at base a bad idea.

Never confuse movement with progress.

I’d be happy to hear a list and a defense of them.

The one thing we call agree on - regardless of one’s opinion of how health care should be run - is that we have seen unmitigated strategic failures from the White House and an outright lack of competence. Even if you agree with Obama’s position on healh care policy 100%, you can’t disagee that he has done a terrible job in leading the effort.

Gregus wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Gregus wrote:

I feel like both parties are on the same team.

Naw, really?

Some of that shit you wrote about the bankers seems conspiracy theory-ish to me, but it’s been blatantly obvious to me my whole life that politicians of both parties barely give a shit about the constituents they are supposed to represent or the ideology they pretend to believe. I can’t be the only one who feels like we’ve keep floating down the same river, no matter who is at the helm. Clinton, Bush, Obama. The only difference I can see is different fringe groups shouting about the same old marginal shit.

Just because it sounds like a conspiracy does not make it crazy. If you feel both parties are taking us down the same river, regardless of affiliation and campaign promises, doesn’t that mean there is some other purpose they are serving? If not, then WHY do they do what they do? Just for fun? For shits and giggles? I guess so, because conspiracies NEVER happen.

It’s not crazy, it’s just that you’re blaming everything on a few evil people, when it isn’t people, it’s the logic of the market. For example, closing factories in America where wages are high and there are health and safety regulations and environmental protections (which are good things) and moving them to Mexico and China where the wages are low and there are no regulations isn’t an evil scheme made up by a few ultra-rich bankers. It is the logic of the market. It is profitable.

No one had the omnipotence to intentionally make Mexico a shithole where people will work for slave wages and you can dump filth in the rivers, it just turned out that way, and was convieniently located on our southern boarder. And smart people take advantage of it. And stupid people go out of business.

No one tells the river which way to go. Some people fight the current, the smarter ones flow with it.[/quote]

You still have to discover what the “market” is.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

No one tells the river which way to go. Some people fight the current, the smarter ones flow with it.

Things that float downstream are generally dead fish and garbage.[/quote]

LOL> Another Jewel. Im a captain of my own ship. Let others “flow” with the current.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Things that float downstream are generally dead fish and garbage.[/quote]

Exactly. How many politicians are really that daring and creative. That’s why the majority from both parties go the dead fish route.

Varqanir wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Things that float downstream are generally dead fish and garbage.

Exactly. How many politicians are really that daring and creative. That’s why the majority from both parties go the dead fish route.[/quote]

Because they are the product of the society from which they came OR their hands are tied.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
<<< Never confuse movement with progress. >>>[/quote]

I’m quite certain the towering concise profundity of this short statement will fly right over the heads of the hope n change zombies.