Volume or Load, Which Is Best?

The first thing we must consider is overtraining.
High volume training can lead to overtraining of the musculoskeletal system, high intensity training with heavy loads can lead to central nervous system overtraining .
CNS overtraining can totally wreck havoc with ones adrenal system. That can take years or perhaps one will never totally recover from this. While musculoskeletal overtraining just takes a little time off.

The above paragraph gives you the answer to bodybuilding success. It proves without a doubt that all the high volume champions were right on the mark ! And that is the majority.
Use the time proven method of low load, high volume training as your base and sparingly use high load, low volume training to increase your strength to allow for progression. But do this high load training infrequently! You will have to determine what “infrequently” means for you. I have found once every 6 wks works for me and i may even have to reduce this. For example I use partials as my most intense form of training. I use every ounce of muscle in my entire body to move the wt. maybe 2 inches in 2 exercises…the overhead support and the rack deadlift. These are probably the most or among the most damaging to the CNS. The typical powerlifts can be done more frequently, but I would advise not doing all out intense sets too often.
Everyone, whether you use steroids or not should heed this advice. And the record shows MOST successful Bodybuilders do so.

Yes.

Most successful bodybuilders also blew Joe Weider, doesn’t mean I’m gonna do it.

[quote]rocket man 400 wrote:
The last thing we must consider is overtraining.
[/quote]

fyp

It just amazes me at the stupid remarks so far… now since I said that… I probably will get tons more. However, all I am trying to do is point out what is the absolute truth. There is NO DEBATE… the debate that has been going on for years is just bs… gives writers something to write about.

The people who follow DC Training or max ot training would highly disagree with what you wrote.

[quote]twiceborn wrote:
Most successful bodybuilders also blew Joe Weider, doesn’t mean I’m gonna do it. [/quote]

u r pretty huge. gj.

Lol @ people being so dogmatic in bodybuilding. Such an individual game. All approaches work to some degree. Find what your body responds well to, what you enjoy, and stick with it for a decade. K go.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

[quote]twiceborn wrote:
Most successful bodybuilders also blew Joe Weider, doesn’t mean I’m gonna do it. [/quote]

u r pretty huge. gj.

Lol @ people being so dogmatic in bodybuilding. Such an individual game. All approaches work to some degree. Find what your body responds well to, what you enjoy, and stick with it for a decade. K go.[/quote]

Didnt you read the OP? Apparently there was a HUGE debate going on FOR YEARS, and the op has just proven something WITHOUT A DOUBT by quoting an unnamed source on a message board. Truly, history is being made before our very eyes, gents.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

[quote]twiceborn wrote:

u r pretty huge. gj.

Lol @ people being so dogmatic in bodybuilding. Such an individual game. All approaches work to some degree. Find what your body responds well to, what you enjoy, and stick with it for a decade. K go.[/quote]

No way that is the case. Everyone just likes to say that to confuse people. There is only 1 way

So what happens to me if I do high volume and high intensity?

[quote]Jontan wrote:
So what happens to me if I do high volume and high intensity?[/quote]

Over training occurs and you die a slow, painful death.

OP can only go heavy once every 6 weeks? will his uterus drop otherwise?

[quote]rocket man 400 wrote:
It just amazes me at the stupid remarks so far… now since I said that… I probably will get tons more. However, all I am trying to do is point out what is the absolute truth. There is NO DEBATE… the debate that has been going on for years is just bs… gives writers something to write about.[/quote]

If you’d just weighed in a little sooner this non-debate would have been settled years ago.