Volume - 2x A Week Frequency (P/P/L)

I’m looking to start a lean bulk next month, and I like the structure that working out 6 days a week gives me. From experience I tend to respond best to a twice a week frequency with moderate volume. I’m 6’3" 179 lbs at 12% BF. Diet/supplements are solid, normally take in 3700 CA to gain.

I’ll be doing a push/pull/legs twice a week, but I’m a bit concerned my volume is too high and I’d like some input. Generally looking at 8 sets per larger muscle groups and 5 sets for smaller muscle groups.

Push (A):

Bench Press 3x4-8
Low-incline Dumbbell Press 3x6-10
Low-to-high Cable Flyes 2x8-12
Overhead Press 3x6-10
Cable Lateral Raises 2x8-12
Dips 3x6-10
PJR Pullovers 2x-8-12

Pull (A):

Bent-over Row 3x4-8
Chin-ups 3x6-10
CNG Seated Cable Row 2x8-12
HS Machine Shrug 3x8-12
Reverse Flyes 2x8-12
Hammer Curls 3x6-10
Preacher Curls 2x8-12

Legs (A):

Front Squats 3x4-8
Romanian Deadlift 3x6-10
Leg Extensions 3x8-12
Lying Leg Curls 3x8-12
Standing Calf Raise 3x6-10
Seated Calf Raise 3x12-15

Push (B):

Incline Bench Press 3x4-8
Flat Dumbbell Press 3x6-10
Low-incline Dumbbell Flyes 2x8-12
Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3x6-10
Machine Lateral Raises 2x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x6-10
One-arm Overhead Extensions 2x8-12

Pull (B):

Pull-ups 3x4-8
One-arm Dumbbell Row 3x6-10
CNG Pulldowns 2x8-12
Barbell Shrug 3x8-12
Rear Delt Raise 2x8-12
Barbell Curls 3x6-10
Incline Dumbbell Curls 2x8-12

Legs (B):

Deadlift 3x4-8
Leg Press 3x6-10
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x8-12
Glut-ham Raise 3x8-12
Standing Calf Raise 3x6-10
Donkey Calf Raise 3x8-12

Additionally, would ramping be optimal at a 2x frequency?

that’s pretty much what I’ve done for the past few months. I would drop the overhead press on one of the days and do more lateral raises, as dips and the other lifts will hit your anterior deltoids hard enough already. I can’t really comment on the leg days because I haven’t really found what works best yet.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
that’s pretty much what I’ve done for the past few months. I would drop the overhead press on one of the days and do more lateral raises, as dips and the other lifts will hit your anterior deltoids hard enough already. I can’t really comment on the leg days because I haven’t really found what works best yet.[/quote]

What have the results been like so far, Brown?

I posted some pics in the callout thread and my log - my upper body progressed in size and strength pretty fast. My squat and deadlift are still a complete joke though.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
that’s pretty much what I’ve done for the past few months. I would drop the overhead press on one of the days and do more lateral raises, as dips and the other lifts will hit your anterior deltoids hard enough already. I can’t really comment on the leg days because I haven’t really found what works best yet.[/quote]

Yeah, really good point on the Overhead pressing - it does seem a bit of overkill given the pressing exercises for chest.

Other than that, does the volume seem reasonable on upper body days?

yeah it looks good to me, almost exactly what I did. Another option would be drop the CGBP/dips one day and then do more extension type movements. Just see how it feels as you go, I would push some exercises and back off on some depending on what felt fatigued that day.