Vodka!

[quote]Edgy wrote:
my go-to Vodka is the shit they sell at Costco - Kirkland.
[/quote]

Kirkland vodka is (basically) Grey Goose. Bottled by/at the same distillery in France.

that cheap kirkland stuff is made in the same distillery as grey goose. Both are also 5x distilled. It’s known that the green kirkland bags of coffee are roasted by starbucks. I assume its pretty safe to say that kirkland vodka is private label grey goose.

i just drank a pint of captain morgan black, a few harpoon leviathans 10.2% beers, some vokda shit pink drinks werre lemonade good and eff you bad news im done, sleepy now. fuck you hips i do need no hips take em off doc. take my shoulder too damn joint i hate s them,my ears r ringing

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
i just drank a pint of captain morgan black, a few harpoon leviathans 10.2% beers, some vokda shit pink drinks werre lemonade good and eff you bad news im done, sleepy now. fuck you hips i do need no hips take em off doc. take my shoulder too damn joint i hate s them,my ears r ringing[/quote]

proudda you

I bought this $6.99/bottle stuff… ‘Barton’ or whatever. I’m not a big vodka fan but Mountain dew hid it a little too well…

I feel like I sat in front of a fireplace with my face an inch from the grate for an hour or two.

But that’s what I get for not paying $14 more for the same sized bottle of Svedka.

Why are you making that change?! Vodka sucks as a sipping drink, its fine mixed or as a shot. I usually buy smirnoff if im feeling cheap or kettle one if i am not. Stoly is also good. I would stick to bourbon or move to something like scotch.

i just drank a pint of captain morgan black, a few harpoon leviathans 10.2% beers, some vokda shit pink drinks werre lemonade good and eff you bad news im done, sleepy now. fuck you hips i do need no hips take em off doc. take my shoulder too damn joint i hate s them,my ears r ringing[/quote]

You may be a Klingon.

I have found that I can drink quite a bit (I’m drinking now as it’s Saturday night already in Asia) and have had about 15 ounces of whiskey and of course feel a little drunk. I’ll add that I never do that thing where you try and act all big by saying you had X number of beers or whatnot and didn’t even feel a thing.

WTF you drinking for if you don;t feel a thing? (I’m not talking to you ucallthatbass)

Like the buddy that brags about how he can eat spicy food, and you go with him to the Thai restaurant he says is deadly spicy…then you eat some and get teary and cough a bit…then he says “What? Dude…this ain’t even spicy?”
To which I reply: “Hey motherfucker…you said this place was spicy…so if this isn’t spicy what is?” Like we’ll always be on an asymptotic curve of spicy that no matter what we have…it’s not as spicy as he can take.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
what are you drinking? some suggestions on what is real good and reasonably priced would be great. I have been a Kentucky bourbon man most of my life, time to broaden my horizons…educate me![/quote]

-hard drinks= sambuca shots,Aftershock (green,blue,black & white version),Veterano brandy,Croatian sljivovoitza,Absolut & Vladimirsky vodka,those are my favourite

-Beers= Cruzcampo-beer from Granada
Heineken
Bavaria
sometimes Coronita

-wine- Barbadillo white wine
Pelejsac-Croatian red wine

enjoy ;))

[quote]Nards wrote:

You may be a Klingon.

I have found that I can drink quite a bit (I’m drinking now as it’s Saturday night already in Asia) and have had about 15 ounces of whiskey and of course feel a little drunk. I’ll add that I never do that thing where you try and act all big by saying you had X number of beers or whatnot and didn’t even feel a thing.

But I don’t mix. That’ll mess me up.

WTF you drinking for if you don’t feel a thing? (I’m not talking to you ucallthatbass)

Like the buddy that brags about how he can eat spicy food, and you go with him to the Thai restaurant he says is deadly spicy…then you eat some and get teary and cough a bit…then he says “What? Dude…this ain’t even spicy!”
To which I reply: “Hey motherfucker…you said this place was spicy…so when the fuck we going to the spicy restaurant then huh?!? if this isn’t spicy what is?” Like we’ll always be on an asymptotic curve of spicy that no matter what we have…it’s not as spicy as he can take.
[/quote]

Try the Concrete to see if you like it! :))

recipe=a pint glass,one third whiskey,one third red wine,one third Coca Cola…an old Croatian posh drink ;))

thanks for all the responses, several things I am gonna try soon.

as for all the people who wonder why I am changing from my standby kentucky bourbon, just for a change of pace every now and then, wild turkey, kirkland, and makers mark are still my best friends! lol.

Makers Mark and Crown > any vodka

thanks for all the responses, several things I am gonna try soon.

as for all the people who wonder why I am changing from my standby kentucky bourbon, just for a change of pace every now and then, wild turkey, kirkland, and makers mark are still my best friends! lol.[/quote]

What’s Kirkland? Is that Costco bourbon?

I can get 1.75L or Jack Daniels at Costco here in Taiwan for about $35. Not bad.

There’s a Canadian rye called Black Velvet that is only $10 a bottle.

I don’t post much, but vodka is my goddamn thing. You want the best bottle for a small price here it is

Luksusowa

around $15

You will not not find a better vodka under $70, period. Trust me, I’ve converted everyone I know.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

what are you drinking? some suggestions on what is real good and reasonably priced would be great. I have been a Kentucky bourbon man most of my life, time to broaden my horizons…educate me![/quote]

All the rich alcoholics I know drink Tito’s Handmade Vodka.

It’s from somewhere in the USA and won a bunch of medals in Russia, much to the Russians’disgust.

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/oct2002/sb20021010_7271.htm[/quote]

+1 on Tito’s. Really quality booze, around my area it’s only $14 for a 750ml(fifth).

drinking a Vodka called Tito’s, is like eating salsa called Svedlanas -

Fris Vodka:
http://frisvodka.com/

And, to support the locals, Maine made 'tater vodka from Maine 'taters (but only on special occasions because it’s expensive as fuck)

Kirkland Signature (Costco’s brand) is Grey Goose from what I hear. I have a bottle. It was cheap and very smooth!

[quote]Chef Eric wrote:
I don’t post much, but vodka is my goddamn thing. You want the best bottle for a small price here it is

Luksusowa

around $15

You will not not find a better vodka under $70, period. Trust me, I’ve converted everyone I know.[/quote]

+1

Luksusowa is the cleanest tasting “budget” vodka on the market.