T Nation

Vodka!

what are you drinking? some suggestions on what is real good and reasonably priced would be great. I have been a Kentucky bourbon man most of my life, time to broaden my horizons…educate me!

I’ve liked Finlandia, Stoly, grey goose, and Skye, sp.

Svedka. Preferred Wodka of the Russians I know.

Tip of the day: Don’t try to keep up with a Russian drinking vodka. Also, they chase it with dill pickles and hunter sausages.

Grey Goose is overpriced crap. Kettle One is my go to but i’ll also have Effen, Russian Standard and Belvedere.

Reyka Vodka. Best by far.


.

I like Sky keep it in the Freezer and drink over ice.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Svedka. Preferred Wodka of the Russians I know.

Tip of the day: Don’t try to keep up with a Russian drinking vodka. Also, they chase it with dill pickles and hunter sausages.[/quote]

Damn straight, even bad Russians like me who do not drink much can drink Vodka like it is water. It’s genetic or something.

As for the OP, when I do drink, I usually drink Vodka Putinka (yes it is named after Putin). It goes for about $30 per bottle. Anybody thinking of trying this who never had real Russian vodka before should start with Putinka Soft. Occasionally, I will splurge and buy a bottle of Rodnik, which is about $500 a bottle but is just so damn good.

Smirnoff

Let’s not get fancy

We just tryin to get the bitches drunk and dancing naked

One 12 dollar bottle will yeild at least for naked women

I think you chose the right drink when you said Kentucky Bourbon.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
what are you drinking? some suggestions on what is real good and reasonably priced would be great. I have been a Kentucky bourbon man most of my life, time to broaden my horizons…educate me![/quote]

All the rich alcoholics I know drink Tito’s Handmade Vodka.

It’s from somewhere in the USA and won a bunch of medals in Russia, much to the Russians’disgust.

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/oct2002/sb20021010_7271.htm

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
what are you drinking? some suggestions on what is real good and reasonably priced would be great. I have been a Kentucky bourbon man most of my life, time to broaden my horizons…educate me![/quote]

All the rich alcoholics I know drink Tito’s Handmade Vodka.

It’s from somewhere in the USA and won a bunch of medals in Russia, much to the Russians’disgust.

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/oct2002/sb20021010_7271.htm[/quote]

I was actually on a plane reading about Tito, dude is an engineer that quit the business and start his Vodka brewery, he lives in San Antonio Texas.

Great thing about vodka is that you can mask it well with mixers, how premium it is often of little importance. It’s not like gin, where a well brand will taste like insecticide. I’ve never had it personally, but my guy prefers 44 North. I’m with PaddyM as well, I generally agree with every word. Although I won’t say crap, I just feel as tho Goose has been hyped up by the music industry. But hey, if Grey Goose can get Fergie feeling loose, its gotta be the only vodka worth choosing, right?

RBUINOFFFFFFF 12$ a handle bitches!!!

Tito’s is mediciney, like Absolute.

Grey Goose is good but overpriced.

Reyka is pretty good, but my go-to Vodka is the shit they sell at Costco - Kirkland.

it’s 5 times distilled, and is hangover-free.

Not a big vodka drinker, but i normally drink platinum or vikingfjord.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I think you chose the right drink when you said Kentucky Bourbon.[/quote]

x2 Vodka should be left to mixed drinks for women, or the eastern European’s.

Vodka has really taken off in Canada. Toronto now has several Vodka-only bars.

This one is supposed to be excellent.

http://www.iceberg.ca/

[quote]PaddyM wrote:
Grey Goose is overpriced crap. Kettle One is my go to but i’ll also have Effen, Russian Standard and Belvedere.[/quote]

Overpriced? Yup

Crap? Nope

I dig GG, Kettle One, Skyy, and Belvedere. All nice and smooth.

Pretty much just Smirnoff. Cheap, decent taste, good enough for me. I’m no prissy uppity vodka drinker. I also buy $5 bottles of wine :slight_smile: Actually, I just opened one now.